VRSOF A little help...

harold posted on Mar 05, 2011 at 12:48AM
I apologize in advance for the silly question, but what is the point of this club when ratings don't exist anymore?

After a few months away, I came back to one of my favorite clubs (here) expecting to see either a) a bunch of petitions to restore ratings to Fanpop, or b) a "farewell, it was fun while it lasted" article. I was astonished to find neither, so what I looked for then was an article explaining what the new purpose of the club instead of rating content is now. But I didn't find that; instead I find threads still proceeding as if there was still a way to rate content on Fanpop. Am I missing something?

If there is an article or discussion about the new purpose of the club since our original purpose was eliminated, would you point it out to me? I probably overlooked it.

And, of course, if there is still a way to rate content on Fanpop, please let me know! This Fan/No-Fan thing is driving me crazy, and it's definitely NOT rating.

VRSOF 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
I proposed the shutting down of the VRSOF once it became clear that the fanning system was here to stay. Needless to say, my idea was rejected...

My personal view then shifted to the idea that the VRSOF should only fan content that would have been given 5 stars under the old rating system, but that idea was under-cut by the F4 suggesting that fanning something should be considered equal to giving the content a 4 or 5 star rating under the old system.

I also thought that link should be shut down, but again, my suggestion was rejected. And I still feel it should be shut down.

Like I said in the other forum, people who were here in the good old days still view fanning as rating. People like myself, spent a hell of a lot of time rating under the old system. I spent probably about 85% of my time on here looking through content and rating it. With the fanning system, the content that I feel comfortable fanning is few and far between, compared to my previous rating activity. But I still have fanning as rating in my mind, because I translated fanning to mean 5 star ratings. I guess its nostalgia for the old days when it felt like my viewing and rating rating content meant something and contributed to Fanpop in some way.
last edited over a year ago