The Host There will be a sequel!!!

fawkes716 posted on Jul 17, 2008 at 04:44AM
I promise! In the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly they did an interview with Stephenie Meyer.
The article states "She already has a first and second sequel to The Host mapped out in her head." The article also mentions that she has already written four chapters of a ghost story she is calling 'Summer House'.

The Host 73 replies

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 51-73 of 73

over a year ago Lexi34 said…
smile
Ya but you cant kill jared or melanie wanderer loves them and what would jamie do!!! cant kill them...!!!! I cant wait for the sequal
over a year ago bloodpromise42 said…
monkey
im wondering how she will continue the series, but i am syced bout the sequal! srry bout my spellin
over a year ago horses10004 said…
heart
YES!! I am in LOVE with The Host! I'm psyched and can't wait for the sequel!
over a year ago briprice said…
okay i have been searching for more info on it! i wish she would tell us if its done being written or not so we would at least know if its in the editing process. AND WHEN IS M<ORE INFO ON THE MOVIE COMING OUT!!! someone on the internet has got to have some type of connection to Stephanie to tell us at least an estimated date for the new book... i just dont wanna wait anymore.... ::SIGH::
over a year ago TheHostRocks said…
heart
I LOVE THE HOST!! I can't wait for the sequel or the film. To think I didn't even want to read it at first, it was only because my mum bought it for me I felt obliged to. I read the first chapter as a taster and couldn't put it down. I was supposed to save it for a holiday but I fineshed it bere we even set off. I've read it like a gizzilion times since. (Thank you Mum)!

As for the main character death, I think it will be Jeb. I love Jeb, he's one of my fave people but it makes the most sense. Everyone will be upset and then the 'who's gonna take over?' thing. *SIGH*

But anyway, can't wait for the film and the sequels. I'm gonna love them. WHOOOOOOOOOO!
over a year ago Sweetpea341 said…
big smile
This was a great book! I couldn't put it down and will read again! I really hope she does the other two!!!
over a year ago LawBreakRrr said…
Although i'm not a big fan of Twilight series but i would say that Stephenie Meyer is an amazing writer . and after i read The Host , i was thinking maybe in the sequels , she maybe would kill off Jamie's character ? well , thats just my opinion . (and please don't get mad at me , i'm just stating opinion , thats all)
over a year ago Monrose said…
That would be a really good thing for her to do. She can't kill off Ian or Jared (because of the potentional tri-love), and not Melanie, so Jamie would be the only good choice to kill off... He's not that interesting, but it would still be a hurtfully goodbye, because the readers loves him through Mel and Wanda. So I agree with you on that one...
over a year ago LawBreakRrr said…
Yeah , thats what i think because i can totally picture the pain Mel and Wanda's going through if Jamie's gone .
over a year ago lizzybean14 said…
Yeah I heard this to I'm so excited I just hope it is with the same people as the first book.
over a year ago Monrose said…
It is from Wanda's perspective, so I'm pretty sure it is.
over a year ago mikota said…
hmmm
Does anyone know when it is coming out? I have bean re-reading the Host since it came out. I have read it nearly 50 times and I really want to read the second book. And if they kill of Jamie I would die I know he doesn't have a big part or anything but he still shouldn't be killed off. Kill of the doc if they have to kill someone. Or maybe her crazy uncle.
over a year ago luva4H20 said…
big smile
I am not a a fan of twilight but i am a big fan for the host. Stephanie Meyer posted that she will be doing a series about MERMAIDS and TIME TRAVEL. (anxious)
over a year ago 123KittyCat said…
big smile
YAY!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago ILOVEIANOSHEA12 said…
worried
If Ian died I would too. No doubt about it. If Jamie died, I'D be all depressed. And if Jared or Melanie died it would certainly make the book less good.
over a year ago hungergamer said…
They shouldn't kill anyone off. They have to keep Melanie alive after all the trouble to get her back or else that'd just be so pointless.
over a year ago mari_ian said…
crying
Ian can't die. No way! I love him!!! lol... Sharon and Maggie can die, i don't care about those two, but not mel, jared, wanderer, ian, jamie... nooooo!!!
over a year ago EzmeCherise said…
hmmm
This has been posted up for so long that I'm starting to lose hope. I'm preying she'll do another book, but to be honest it just doesn't seem likely anymore....
over a year ago Birdorable said…
crying
i dissagree with Tiste-Liosan, jared and melanie cant die! doc probably will though, but seriously there are way too many deaths in this book. i hope the sequel wont be bad though it would be sad if wanderer dies.
over a year ago AnimeFreak223 said…
I have been reading it and i read it in four days i could hardly eat or sleep. Other words im excited to see if the sequal is true or just a rumor. If it is i would die i loved the host and i'm about to read it again after i got it back from my sister who would not put the thing down, she read it four times already :x
over a year ago CORINNER1 said…
Alexandra. I agree that Bryan`s st0ry is exceptional, last monday I got Lotus Elise when I got my cheque for $5204 this-last/4 weeks and would you believe, $10,000 this past month. without a question it is the best job Ive ever had. I began this 6 months ago and practically straight away started bringing in at least $69 p/h. I use the details on this website, jump15.com
over a year ago AlwaysWeird said…
cool
I reallyreallyreally hope that the sequel comes soon! My mind is exploding with excitement right now!! Cant wait!!!!!!
I reallyreallyreally hope that the sequel comes soon! My mind is exploding with excitement right now!
over a year ago hermionesparks said…
This has been posted soooo long ago I am now losing hope :( I really really wanna get my hands on the next books