Team Dmitry! Harry Potter and the Hunger Games Crossover RP: Kate and Dmitry in the Hunger Games

KateKicksAss posted on Apr 01, 2012 at 02:42AM
Kate's experimenting with a new Time Travel spell, and somehow, she and Dmitry end up in Panem, and then in The Hunger Games. Do they have what it takes to win? Will Kate lose it over all the needless deaths? Will Dmitry suck everyone's blood? Find out now, and May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor!

Team Dmitry! 107 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 107

over a year ago KateKicksAss said…
Kate raced through the halls of Malfoy Manor, looking for someone.

She rounded a corner, and spotted Dmitry at the end of a hallway.

"Dmitry!", she yelled excitedly. "Dmitry, I think I've got it!"
over a year ago DmitryVladimir said…
Dmitry was wandering around aimlessly, humming to himself. He heard Kate and spun on his heels, "Da?" he tilted his head to the side, "Found what?"
"I've been working on this time travel spell, and I think I finally got it to work!", said Kate.

"Will you come test it with me?"
"Time travel...?" Dmitry pondered this but nodded, "Heck whats the woart that could happen?! Sure!" he smiled some with random thoughts creeping around. Adventure Time!!
last edited over a year ago
"Great!", Kate grinned. "I dunno where we'll end up, but this should be exciting!"

She pulled out her wand and waved it around herself and Dmitry.

"Accipere me in Tempore", she said, and then, with a cloud of purple smoke, a bang, and a crack, Kate and Dmitry were suddenly whirling through nothingness.
Dmitry coughed at the purple smoke. He felt slightly dizzy with all the whirling and twirling. He was never great with apparating so this was pretty close to the whirling.
THUD! They landed on the ground. Kate groaned and toppled over, waving an arm weakly to try and wave the smoke away. She felt nauseous.

"D-Dmitry?", she groaned, unable to see anything through the purple haze.
Dmitry hit the ground and rolled onto his hands and knees, losing what little was in his stomach. "Uughh... My bloody head..." he fell to his side and closed his eyes to stop the spinning.
Kate slowly rose to her knees, and thankfully managed to not throw up.

She conjured some wind to blow the smoke away, and send an anti-nausea healing spell at Dmitry.

When the smoke finally cleared, she realized they had an audience.....
mischievous
Help Godmod, pweeez? *Nastya face*
Dmitry sat up and blinked as the purple cleared, "Thanks Ka-....." he stared at those staring at them, his eye twitching. "Errr.... Hello..?" the crowd stared with wide eyes, unmoving and shaken up.
A few people began muttering amongst themselves.

"...never seen them before.."

"....from the Capitol?"

"....where the hell did that purple smoke come from..."

Kate's eyes widened, and she froze.

"Ummm....hi....where are we?", she asked lamely, unsure what to do.
One man in the crowd stood foward tilting his head, "You muttants?! What are you doing here?"

Dmitry stared at him and stood to his feet, "Pleasant welcoming.. Can you answer my friend's question? Where are we?"

The man laughed, the crowd quieting, "You're damn muttants aren't you?"
A woman approached slowly, "Perhaps their memories are swipped. You two are in Panem.."

Dmitry twitched, smiling nervously, "P-Panem? Kate... From the last map I held, Panem wasn't a country or place.. What time did you send us to..?" he kept his voice to a whisper when asking this.
Kate shrugged silently and pasted a nervous smile on her face.

"The future", she whispered back. "I think......."

Kate looked back towards the people.

"Excuse me, but, um....what year is it?", she asked curiously.
The woman who had spoke earlier sighed and looked down, "2088. What did the Capitol do to you poor souls?"

Dmitry gapsed and nearly passed out, "2088?!" he yelled out in shock, "Oh goodness... I thought we went back in time! I guess not..."

The crowd started whispering again of this 'going back in time' sort and what that could mean.
Kate's mouth dropped open.

"BLOODY HELL, IT WORKED!", she yelled, gleefully jumping up and down, and giving Dmitry a huge, random hug.

The people around them started giving them funny looks. "Er.....got what?", one of them asked curiously.

"The time travel spell....um, nothing..."
Dmitry's eye twitched in horror, "I-It worked... Lovely.." he stiffened as he was hugged but was too entangled in thoughts to recognize anything. What were they going to do now? "Ahahah.. Hahahaha... Haha.." he started to laugh quietly and slowly at his own thoughts, looking quite pathetic and sounding like he was crying.
"Dmitry, are you okay?", Kate didn't realize he was laughing, and went over to him.

"Um....I'm Kate and he's Dmitry, by the way...", she waved at the onlookers.
"WHAT IS THIS PLACE?!" Dmitry yelled again, laughing more outloud, "This! This is.. HAHA! I don't even know! Why are we here..? We were in the manor and now its goooone!!!" he leaned against a tree. When Kate introduced him, he calmed down enough to guve a small smile and wave, "Alo people of whom I do not know!"

The crowd blinked, a few turning and mumbling as they went back to their work or trade. Others stuck around, looking at the two new people curiously.
"So, uh, you say we're in Panem? Um, we're from England. From the year 2000", Kate said.
"So...what's going on? And coincidentally, have you muggles invented time travel yet?"
"Muggles? Time travel?" a woman shook her head with wide eyes, "I wouldn't be asking about fancy things like those. Only the Capitol has them."

Dmitry furrowed his brow, "Why would we need their time travel? We got our wands.. They don't seem of much help anyways.." he strode foward to survey around them, a few people stepping away.
"Well, um, I never really came up with a return spell...", Kate muttered.

"Capital of WHAT?", she asked curiously.
Dmitry sighed, "Okay.. This reminds me of home but with less donkeys and more goats.." he went and poked a goat which nipped at him. The goats owner glared at Dmitry. "Sorry.." he muttered before walking away to observe more things.

"The Capitol! It is the ruler of Panem.. " the woman explained further, walking to Kate and speaking lowly to her, "They are the ruthless leaders. We live under their rules while they live beyond their means and exceed the rules.."
"Um....that sucks...", said Kate.

"So....uh....do you suppose we could maybe stay here until we figure out how to get home?"

A few more people started muttering.

"....delusional.."

".....maybe they escaped from another district?"

"..or the Capitol? Maybe they were experiments..."

"...crazy..."

Suddenly, another woman who had until then been silent, gestured people over to her.

"Hold on a moment", she said to Kate and Dmitry, and the townspeople gathered into a circle around her.

"Uh....okay....", Kate made a face and headed after Dmitry.

Meanwhile.....

"The reaping is coming up", said the old woman, Ivy Pinewood.

"Are you suggesting we enter them?", asked someone else.

OOC: Help continue this?
Dmitry was inspecting random doo-dads that were up for trading. He was about to ask a question but the clerk and hurried off to the circle, "Pssh... Alrighty then...?" he turned to Kate, "And they think we're delusional? "

In the circle a man nodded, "Rather two strangers than my daughter or son. Enter them and pray they get chosen."

A younger woman nodded encouragingly, "We could easily clean our hands of these two.."

A stocky man spoke up quietly, "Suppose they win..?"
"Then they'll be the Capitol's problem, not ours", replied Ivy.

"We can't deal with any more problems here in District Twelve", she continued.

"If they die in the Games, then they'll be off our hands, and even if one of them wins, then the Capitol can be left to deal with their insanity."

"What if they don't get chosen?", a small man spoke up from the edge of the circle.

A few people nodded agreement.

Ivy frowned.

"I suppose, since they seem to have amnesia of sorts, we could convince them that they should volunteer?", someone else suggested

"I hate seeing those poor children dying every year, but we can't afford to help strangers at this point", someone else agreed.

"So it's settled. Now lets get them back over here and tell them about this.....exciting opportunity....", said Ivy, clapping her hands together.
"Now, uh....what did they say their names were again?"
"Kate and.... Uhh.. Something with a D..." a woman shrugged, "Tell them the Games have the time travel.. Its the best bet unless they are killing maniacs.. The man looks a little rough.. He might jump on the idea but the girl seems nice..aah to hell with it!"

Dmitry was petting a goat.. Watching the circle curiously and occassionaly looking around.
Ivy nodded. "They both seem a bit mentally unstable..... This should be interesting."

"Hey, Kate and um....why don't you bring your friend over? We think we can help you!", she called.

Kate perked up, "Hey, Dmitry, they're going to talk to us now", she said, heading back to the group.
"Meehh...." Dmitry stuck his tongue out and followed Kate, his hands stuffed into the pocket of his coat. "I feel like we're going to be judged to hell or something.." he muttered.
Ivy smiled widely at them.

"We think we can help you", she said cheerily.

"Have you heard of the Hunger Games?"

"Hunger Games?", Kate looked confused. "What?"
"Hunger Games...? I'm not hungry so I'll pass there.." Dmitry frowned some, "Do we look like we need it or something?"

A woman, Lily, backed Ivy up, "No no dear. Its not about food.."

"Oh.." Dmitry yawned, "Whats it now?"
"See, we're ruled by the Capitol....and they hold these Hunger Games each year.....people are chosen from the Districts to compete, and the winners receive fame and glory", Lily said hurriedly, conveniently leaving out the bit about how the losers die.

"And, we thought, if you won, the Capitol could maybe help you with your.....er...time travel problems", Ivy continued.

Kate just looked confused, staring blankly between Ivy and Lily.
Dmitry smirked and leaned against a near by cart, "Fame and glory ehy? Sounds nice to me~."

Lily gave Ivy a look of slight relief. Seems as if the plan was working with the boy. "The Capitol has all the nice things and all the abilites in the world. Only they can help you. We have no power."

"So they commies can help us?" Dmitry blurted out, biting his tongue afterwords as the others stared at him. "I mean the Capitols..."
Kate nodded slowly.

"So how do these Games work, exactly? What do we have to do?", she asked curiously, still confused.

Lily hesitated, "W-Well.. You two go in and have to survive a few weeks in tough terrain!"

Dmitry laughed, "Easy stuff! We'll do it! Right Kate?!" he slung an arm around Kate's shoulders, sniling boradly and wanting to get away from these judges. Lol..
Kate managed a small smile. "Yeah, we're good at that! Just tell us what to do to get into these Games!"

Ivy and Lily relaxed. "Oh, well, why don't we take you over to the Justice Building to register?", she began leading them away.

Kate shot a glance at Dmitry. "Geez, you'd think these people would want to be in these "games"", she whispered to him. "They probably already know how to survive tough terrain", she waved at the dilapidated houses and bumpy ground that they passed through.
"But I'd say we're more well fed then the rest of them.." Dmitry eyed the people they passed, "Maybe they don't know how to get food or hunt or something?" he kept his wits about him, one hand clenched around what he thought was the small blade in his pocket.
"But still, you'd think they wouldn't turn down a shot at fame and glory....", Kate looked around at the people, most of whom were staring at Kate and Dmitry.
"Maybe fame and glory is the least important on their list." Dmitry tilted his head as the two women stopped at a door. "This is the building?" he looked up at it as the two nodded.
"What a dump", Kate muttered to Dmitry. "No matter what this Games is, at least we'll get away from this place and from these people"

Ivy and Lily led the way up the steps and down a hall, where they knocked on a door.
"Twas the reason I jumped at the idea. I also wouldn't mind going home within a few weeks." Dmitry coughed and let out a small yawn, looking around and eventually staring at the door. "This the regristration place?" Lily nodded and knocked again.
The door opened, and a tall, harried looking man stepped out.

"Ivy? Lily? What is it?", he asked.

"Mayor Undersee", Ivy began. She shot a glance at Kate and Dmitry.

"These two showed up in the meadow about an hour ago. They seem to have amnesia, and they don't seem to be from District Twelve.....", she lowered her voice.

"They claim they come from the year 2000", she muttered.

"Anyways", she returned to her normal tone. "They need to be registered for the Games."

A range of emotions flashed over Mayor Undersee's face. He thought of how this seemed to be taking advantage of the two strangers, how they were surely being set up to die, then thought of his own daughter, and how he didn't want to see her die.

He nodded tensely. "All right", he signaled to a peacekeeper at the end of the hall.

"What are your names?", he asked Kate and Dmitry.
Dmitry smiled at the man, "Dmitry Vladimir!" he held out a hand happily to greet, "Make sure you spell it right too. No one ever does." he stuck his tongue out in disgust and laughed.

Lily and Ivy rolled their eyes and sighed. Easier done than said on this account.
"Katherina Smirnoff", said Kate, not quite as perkily as Dmitry had.

She then looked back at Ivy and Lily.

"So, um, what do we do if we don't get picked? This is a random drawing, right?", she asked.
Ivy smiled nervously, "You can volunteer! Then you are automatically in!"

Dmitry was shaking the Mayor's hand happily, babbling off about the town and stuff like that. The Mayor grumbled and pulled his hand away. "How do you spell it then?" Dmitry happily spelled it out, winking at Kate, "I'll spell Kate's out too for ya!"
"Oh, er....thank you", said Mayor Undersee. "Please do". He was slightly taken aback by these odd strangers.

Dmitry laughed and spelled out Kate's name too.
"So we can volunteer?! What do we say?! I volunteer..? Or something else?!" he was getting a little excited now. A little too much. "I'm ready to kick some nature ass!"
Mayor Undersee smiled awkwardly.

"Well, you two are just in time!", Lily butted in quickly, clapping her hands together. "The reaping is later today!"
"Reaping....?" Dmitry smirked, "Grim gonna be there?!" he he swayed back and forth on his feet in wait. "Can't wait~! How long do we wait?"
"Uh..", Lily looked confused, but replied.

"In about an hour....here, why don't we show you around....?"