Johnny Depp R U Surprised?

XpsychotickissX posted on Nov 12, 2007 at 09:26PM
johnny depp was a musician before he was an actor. are you surprised its taken this long for him to do a role with music? not including cry-baby since someone else was singing

Johnny Depp 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago luvslove said…
well no. Because he is great at acting. Besides, it's not like he totally forgot the Kids. :)
over a year ago blind_moon said…
Actually no… actors like Hugh Jackman did a lot of musicals performances (in Hugh Jackman case he did a musical in which he singed and danced) and never had a movie with that kind of performances.

Johnny is a great actor, the fact that he was in a band and knows how to sing and play it’s just a big bonus =D
over a year ago obsessedwithmd said…
no im not. he was not very comfertable with his voice. he shouldn't have been but he was. but for waiting so long he has gotten a lot more recognision.
over a year ago claire-aka-bob said…
no, his music was his first love (i read his biography) and he only auditiond for a role in 'nightmare on elm street' for a bit of money lol ♥
over a year ago stephens said…
No I wasn't.He's good of what he does,but was over-whelm of how he can whistle so good.
over a year ago im_a_scrape said…
Music isnt really what he wants to do and neither is acting. He said in an interview that he wants to get old and have a beer belly and just chill on the front porch! LOL! He is a trip.
over a year ago pampinksville said…
until recently, there really weren't very many musical roles out there. it all started with Moulan Rouge, Chicago, then Dreamgirls, then Sweeny Todd...I'm more suprised that they are making musical movies...
over a year ago lunesnyman said…
I'm not really surprised. I knew he had a band, but never thought I'd actually see him in a musical. At first when I went to see Sweeney Todd, I thought it would just be a movie, not a musical, so you can imagine my surprise when our dearest Johnny began to sing. Excellent performance though, I must say.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago London said…
No, I'm not surprised, because I already knew that^_^