Harry Potter Harry's family theory

caintil31 posted on Jul 10, 2007 at 01:46PM
I was looking at the Black family tree and saw that Dorea Black married a Charlus Potter. It listed them having 1 son. This could be harry's dad. Dorea and Charlus were Sirius's Great Aunt and Uncle. I'm pretty sure this would make Sirius and Harry 2nd cousins. If they are related then it explains why Harry got Sirius's house when he died, because it said in the book that only a Black can own the house. As for Harry's mother's side, I think his mother's family was related to Godric Gryffindor because Harry's mom had red hair and green eyes and so did Godric Gryffindor. This would explain why having his mother's eyes is so important. Harry could be the Heir of Gryffindor.

Harry Potter 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago fadedsg02 said…
the weasleys are the heirs of gryffindor, but you are right about the rest, james was indeed a pureblood and a relative of the black
over a year ago caintil31 said…
that's just a theory. it might not be true.
over a year ago choci33_lover said…
hmmm i like this theory thats interesting but lily couldnt be related to the gryffindors. lily was a muggleborn wasnt she? just wondering
over a year ago caintil31 said…
yeah she was. but maybe magic can skip generations. i guess we'll find out in book 7