Harry Potter Gred and Forge: The Best Quotes from Harry Potter

dragonsmemory posted on Mar 03, 2012 at 02:48AM
As the title says, here's a spot to share the best quotes you know from Harry Potter.
I'll pick the top ten from each page and make a fan pick question. Then, the winners there go on to see which quote is best overall. All winners will be feaatured in an article.
Please mention where exactly the quote is from. Someone may want to check references.
And they don't have to be just the twins. The quotes can come from anywhere in the series. The definition of a quote is anything taken from the book/movie.
last edited on Mar 03, 2012 at 06:02PM
save

Harry Potter 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Sallymagi said…
big smile
"Wow - we're identical!" (Fred and George)
"I dunno, though, I think I'm still better-looking" (Fred)

Said in the chapter 'the Seven Potters' in DH, when they are all drinking the Polyjuice Potion to look exactly like Harry.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Moony_Mary said…
laugh
"I'm not Fred, I'm George. Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother? Can't you tell I'm George?" (Fred)

Chapter 6 in PS - "Journey from Platform 9 3/4" when Molly tell Fred to go into the Platform.
over a year ago Poseidon3 said…
laugh
Fred: That's not what he said!
George: Would you like us to clean out your ears for you? (pulls out long lethal looking metal instrument)
Fred: Or any part of your body, really. We're not fussy where we stick this!

Said on Order of the Phoenix during the D.A meeting in Hog's Head by Fred and George to Zacharias Smith.
over a year ago Poseidon3 said…
big smile
Fred: You know what? I don't think we are. George, I think we've outgrown full-time education.
George: Yeah, I've been feeling the same way myself.
Fred: Time to test our talents in the real world, do you reckon?
George: Definitely.
Fred: We won't be seeing you.
George: Yeah, don't bother to keep in touch.
Fred: If anyone fancies buying a Portable Swamp, as demonstrated upstairs, come to number ninety-three, Diagon alley- Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes. Our new premises!
George: Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they're going to use our products to get rid of this old bat.
Fred: Give her hell from us, Peeves.

Also in OotP Chapter is Careers Advice, during Fred and George's flight from Hogwarts.
over a year ago Hermione-Fan361 said…
"You haven't got a letter on yours," George observed. " I suppose she thinks you don't forget your name. But we're not stupid-- we know we're called Gred and Forge."

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone, Chapter Twelve The Mirror of Erised, Page 202, Christmas morning.