Fanpop E-Mail Alerts!

dave posted on Nov 06, 2007 at 02:13AM
Hey All You Hard-Core Fanpoppers!

I just wanted to let you all know about a new feature we soft-launched last week. We're allowing users to set up e-mail alerts for Fanpop from their user profile edit pages now. You can now get alerts from Fanpop sent to your e-mail for when:
- Someone comments on your content
- Someone responds to your forums
- Someone adds you to your fan list
- Someone sends you a new message

I've been testing it out and I LOVE it! Since I have so much stuff on the site, it's even more helpful than my updates because it updates me in real-time! I love getting the alerts because it keeps me even more in touch with all of you Fanpoppers (as if I wasn't connected enough to Fanpop!). So please check out your "Edit Profile" page and check the boxes for our hot new Fanpop alerts:
link

Dave

PS - Don't blame me if you get even more addicted to Fanpop! :)

Fanpop 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago JulieL44 said…
Cool! That sounds like a good idea! I'll try it out for sure. Haha I don't think it's really possible for me to get more addicted to Fanpop!
over a year ago Temptasia said…
Awesome! I am excited about this. Thanks for letting us know; you are awesome Dave!
over a year ago DrDevience said…
I have right now over 1,000 emails sitting in my gmail account that I haven't had time to get caught up with.

I blame Fanpop. HA!

I'll try the new feature when I do some house cleaning....
over a year ago PkmnTrainerJ said…
I tried it and my Inbox exploded. Cool feature, but I'm sticking to the My Updates
over a year ago Saphira333 said…
thanks for that! :)
over a year ago cliff said…
Yeah, you power-users may want to be careful with the comments and forums alerts as some of your contributions may get a LOT of traffic and end up generating a good number of emails.

The fan list and private message alerts should be pretty useful to everyone, though.
over a year ago TheCountess said…
Thanks! These really are nice features.
The only problem I have when I open my emails, is when I see something from Fanpop, I usually want to look there first. I have to force myself to respond to other emails and do some job hunting first. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to do that. I'm definately addicted to Fanpop!