Hello, everyone! Here is the compilation of the results of this spring's DP movie countdown. The ranking was based 32 lists: thirty-one submitted by Fanpop users link + mine. Click on the link for more information on how this countdown works, but in case you are wondering, I awarded one point to the first of each list, two points to the second, and so on. Which means that the movie with the least points was the winner of the countdown.
This article includes:
1. The overall ranking; 2. The individual placements; 3. The total of points; 4. Two comments for each film (four for the first place).
Congratulations audreybrooke on being fan of the month January 2015!! Sorry this took so long :D
1. How does it feel to be Fan of the Month? It's such a surprise! I'm so pleased. I never thought I'd get it!
2. Who is your favorite Princess? My favorite princess is definitely Aurora.
3. Who is your least favorite Princess? I've never cared for Snow White, unfortunately.
4. Has your favorite princess ever changed? When I was little, my favorite would have been Mulan or Ariel. It changed a few years ago when I rewatched Sleeping Beauty and realized how much I love everything about it, especially...
Again, I'm not an expert on this but I'm trying my best to analyze each princess from a feminist standpoint. Trying to figure out which princess is the most feminist, taking into account their actions, their stories, their portrayals and their accomplishments. Well, now it's time for part two, with the middle three and this one might cause quite a bit of disagreements since this part has very polarizing princesses. And be sure to critique because this is the part I'm the least sure about.
6-7. Ariel She's tied with Rapunzel. I have a hard time deciding. There's no denying Ariel's a groundbreaking...
Here is my Disney Princess Villian Dreamcast. 🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀 1) I havent included Duke of Weselton since I dont consider him a real disney villian. 2) I havent included Mordu (obviously).
Queen Grimhilde: Keira Knightley
The Duchess (2008) star Keira Knightley knows a little something about onscreen royalty.After years of playing good girls, she sure needs to play a negative role. She'll add much needed personality to Queen Grimhilde.
Lady Tremine: Cate Blanchett
Catherine Élise "Cate" Blanchett is an Australian actress of screen and stage. She was perfect...
Ah, feminism and Disney Princess. Such a complicated relationship. Now I'm not an expert, especially being a guy but the topic of feminism in relation to the DPs has always intrigued me. I'm gonna try my hand at ranking the princesses in terms of agency, independence, heroism and other aspects to figure out which one of them is the most feminist. I'm trying to expand my writing skills so this is gonna be split into three parts, starting with the bottom four.
WARNING: No Anna and Elsa in this countdown, so let's begin.
11. Aurora Sorry guys, but I'm one of those people who believes that feminism...