Writing S-T-O-R-Y

annabeth-crazed posted on Dec 23, 2011 at 09:55PM
anyone wanna read a story? it might be good... or...it might EAT YOU!

Writing 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago annabeth-crazed said…
INTRODUCTION

Death is forever.
Which, kinda sucks right? I mean, it would’ve been a whole lot cooler if you could go on down and visit Grandpa Joe being served the happy juice by a couple of angels. Come on! It shouldn’t be so hard to go say hi to your daughter, cousin, uncle, aunt, sibling, ect. That, at least is what I thought yesterday. Today though, not so sure.

CHAPTER 1

“Destiny, get your butt out of there!” is what Gretchen wants now. “Oh come on! I told almost 5 minutes ago that I was getting dressed! Give me a minute!” I said. “I did. As you said, I gave you almost five!” she shot. “Fine. Give me one more.” There was a pause. Then retreating steps and her calling, “the clock is ticking!” I cursed under my breath. Then I pulled on my pants, put the shirt over my head, slung my backpack over my shoulder, and hit the road.
Halfway from the foster home to school, I stopped at a cab in front of Danny’s Donuts. Adrian Moluctain was a kind, elderly, African-American man who always gave me a free ride to school if I got here on time for his daily donut run, and I was always here. “Did Mrs. Tumbler give you a hard time this morning?” he smiled as he talked. “Na, she had a date with the plumber last night. She wore so much rouge she looked like a clown, but then again, he picked up the scum on the ground before he fixed the toilet. She probably reminded him of something at work.”
He laughed. “How about Gretchen?” when he saw my smile falter, he said “if anyone gives you a hard time, sweet, just tell me. I’ll get the right people to know what you go through.” “No it’s okay. Really.” I forced a smile. He grinned back, but his eyes were still concerned. “You’re a special kid, destiny. Young, too. You shouldn’t have to put up with that.” Adrian was one of the few people who cared about what went on in my life. He tried to adopt me, but Mrs. Tumbler found reasons not to let him, so he just gave me the ride.
“Well,” I said, “if it’s not there it’s at school, right?” I said with what I hope was a cheerful smile. “I suppose.” He said. We stopped at my school. “Bye!” I said. “Bye. Remember what I said destiny. You’re a special kid. Don’t you forget that.”
“Sure.” I said. Then headed of to school.