Viola How You Know Your Conductor's Crazy!

Sharingan226 posted on Apr 07, 2008 at 03:09AM
Feel free to add onto the list, majority of these discribe my conductor.

1. They often switch between cutting their hair, shaving their face, etc.
2. They confuse pieces, and change their titles.
3. They almost got email restrictions for sending too many passes to different classes.
4. They change seats of players after every concert.
5. They change 1st and 2nd chair violas to 3rd and 4th violas.

Viola 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago rosesarered said…
6. They tell the 1st chair cellist to try to play in alto clef, "to help out the violas," then when she pretends to because she can't (she sat there with her bow off her strings while we played the passage), she tells us we've improved thanks to the cellist.
7. They compare the music to Rush Hour Three
8. They stop the freshmen from participating in the chamber music program, even when the section had decided she would be the best player
9. She doesn't notice when one of the basses decides to create a "bomb shelter" in the back of the room and stays there the whole rehersal. She even marks him present for even more crazy points!
10. She is dissapointed when one of the cellists wins an award (Best performer in an Ensamble) because she thinks the concert master should have won instead.
11. They rearrange the solos the day before the concert (this was band, the new soloist didn't come in. Poor guy)
12. They have the class go around in a circle and say what each piece makes them visualize (this is actually quite hilarious, if an enormous waste of time), then, as if that wasn't bad enough, tells us we have it all wrong, as what she visualzes is the only correct thing.

last edited over a year ago
over a year ago gabbalee said…
All of these are things that my orchestra teacher does

13. They accidentally throw their baton at themselves then yell "MY STICK HAS FORSAKEN ME!!!"
14. They yell things like "I don't know anything!" while on stage at a concert
14. They join in your conversations then laugh like a little girl
15. They make weird faces at you
16. They suggest songs like the adventures of stringman
17. They accept a gummy bear as a present, keep it for months, then let you name it after him