Twilight Series What did you think of the New Moon trailer?

JoseVanders posted on Jun 01, 2009 at 09:45AM
I loved it overall but im not sure about a few things, like when Edward leaves Bella doesnt look TOO upset, and why does she know that Jake is a wolf when she meets Laurent?

I guess they just put those scenes together to make the trailer better.

It freaks me out when Bella says kiss me and raises her eyebrow, looks a bit sinister lol.

Still loved it though :)

I guess these will make more sense when we see the whole thing :D

So what did you think?
last edited on Jun 03, 2009 at 11:54AM

Twilight Series 31 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago BleedingRedRose said…
smile
Yea, I agree he doesn't look too upset, but it doesn't show her that she knows that Jacob is a werewolf. Because shes like "Jacob run!" that means she didn't know that he had superpowers to kill Laurent.
over a year ago JoseVanders said…
Oh yeah I suppose youre right, but is Jake even meant to be there?
Maybe its on of those things where they just have to compress some scenes together.

It still looks really good though :)
over a year ago Nahla1309 said…
heart
i loved it in overall but i have to agree to both of you that you are right about bella not being enough upset. and i think they managed really good that part with laurent so that bella at the same moment finds out about jacob cause i think it would be a bit dull and too long if it was made like the book said... fantastic SE when it comes to jacob-wolf and hitting jasper.. =)

i so can't wait for some new trailers =)
over a year ago katiecain said…
Considering I didn't like Twilight, I thought the trailer was incredible. No offence to Catherine Hardwicke fans, but you can tell that Chris Weitz has done a much better job. Looks like a much bigger budget too which should be expected considering how much they've made lol.

I'm also not too sure about the 'break up scene'... But remember Bella was numb and that's probably why she's not that upset. No idea about the Jacob thing, maybe they changed it... Which I'm not too bothered about considering how much they changed in the first film. LOVED the scene with Jasper!
last edited over a year ago
Yeah Nahla youre probably right, I guess it makes sense.
And yeah Katie I guess she is numb, and she probably is upset and we just dont see it properly in that short clip.

Im not sure, I think Catherine Hardwicke would have done an amazing job with this one, especially with the budget they had this time around.

We only have to wait...5 months...lol
over a year ago metalnaunx said…
That was Awesome!!!When Jacob turned into a wolf!An when Edward pushed bella then Jasper in slow motion that was awesome too!
over a year ago forbiddenLURVE said…
sad
it rally pissed me off how they showed that Jacob was a werewolf when Laurent was there and how Bella didn't even look like she was crying when Edward left!!!
over a year ago Nahla1309 said…
well as jose said it's hard to put all that in a min and a half clip so we'll have to wait to see the movie.. i don't think we can judge a movie by the clip.. i hope they'll make more clips like they did with twilight (though they were all pretty the same but still).

and i also agree with Jose that Hardwicke would also done pretty well with NM since budget is much bigger than it was with Twilight and that means a lot...

i think we all have to agree that books are very descriptive and long and have loads of irrelevant characters and that's sth that screenwriters try to lose and find an easier way to put all that matters on the screen and that's what happened with jacob's revelation.
over a year ago katiecain said…
Ooh another thing I just noticed.. When Edward and Bella are talking when they arrive at the Cullens, the house looks so dark. And it's meant to be really light *shakes head* aha I love being picky xD
over a year ago alyssa16 said…
I really loved the trailer. I did imagine Jacob as a werewolf a bit bigger. But it looks great. I can't wait for the movie to come out!
over a year ago bet-on-alice said…
smile
yeah cuz in the book the warewolves save bella and kill laurent and she doesnt find out till later that it was actually jacob and the pack! but it probs just made more sense for the film!! also the wolf was so livelike!! lol i loved it! :)
over a year ago irunwithcullens said…
hmmm
I was really disappointed, it was nothing like the book, what was with the cullens house it wasn't the same one for twilight, the carpet looked like maggots. Edward didn't look like he was in enough pain.
over a year ago courtneykutie said…
heart
I loved it!! every one looked super hot!!(guys not girls)
i think the new directer will do alot better than katherine(or what ever her name is)!
over a year ago 15g said…
smile
i dont like new moon i think that it is the worst book of the series
over a year ago TriineA said…
It's two different scenes: One with Bella and Laurent, and then the werewolfs (Bella is wearing a grey jacket and a yellow bag) and then the other one (Bella is wearing a brown jacket) and screaming at Jake. Taylor has said that he thinks it's one were Paul is trying to kill Bella.

link
^ He mentions it in the end.

About the Bella/Edward scene, I think we have to remember that we only see like 10 seconds and like someone else said.. The love of her life has just left her, she might not be able to cry and is just all numb.
over a year ago monique2993 said…
I loved the trailer!
Except the wolf doesn't look like I'd imagined.=D It looks like a giant Husky pup. Wasn't Jacob's fur supposed to be darker?

I loved the part with Jasper going for Bella and then Edward pushing them both back.=D

You can really see that they had a bigger budget on this one. I wasn't a big fan of the last movie but I think they made the right choice with Chris Weitz!=D

Anyway, I can't wait till November, it's going to be a long summer!=D

p.s. does any one else think that Edwards accent has changed ever so slightly, or am I hearing things?=D
over a year ago edwardcaitlin said…
heart
I loved it and she was prolly in shock that he left. I am soo excited for new moon and i cant wait!!!!!!!!!
Its a bit weird the way Kristen raises her eyebrow when she says kiss me, it makes look a bit sinister lol.
over a year ago teamjacob4life said…
heart
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! jacob black is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SEXY lol!! i totally loved the preview of new moon and cant wait to actuallty see the movie in November!! omg!!! i was i could marry him!! lol he's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo adorable and we was even MORE adorble in "SHARK BOY AND LAVA GIRL" lol but he got even more sexy as he grew up! omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
over a year ago Iceydrop said…
I think the part when she says "JAKE, RUN" is when he's going to attack Paul. & it's even by Jacob's house. Do you see the mounds of muscle on his shoulders :D
over a year ago BEtrue417 said…
heart
So many thoughts ran through my head on the trailer. Initial reaction.. LOVED IT! as for Bella not lookin depressed im sure the emotion will come! Im so excited about the new director. I enjoyed twilight, however; i really believe this movie will blow it away! i just hope all the people who hated on the twilight film will give this one a chance!!!
At first I just kept thinking I would hate this movie because the book made me sad, but i went back and reread the book and its a totally different feeling once I had read all four books :)
Dont get me wrong I will be a Edward girl forever.. but Jake is lookin uh-may-zing in this movie!!!!! :)
Lol, true ;)
i remember how active all the message boards were on here right before breaking dawn came out... i miss that :(
Awh, I wasnt on fanpop and hadnt read twilight lol. Was everyone just like OMG OMG all day? Haha :)
over a year ago patriautism said…
Looks better than the first, but it's too early to tell.
With the Jacob turning into a wolf thing, I don't think it is the same scene as in the meadow.
Trailers always mix things up to put the most exciting parts together.
I think that scene where he changes is the one where Paul tries to attack Bella, and Jake transforms to fight him.
over a year ago jalicefan15 said…
Love the birthday scean
yeah ppl were like freaking out... everyone was guessing what would happen in breaking dawn. we had all kinds of theories.. it was NUTS like thousands and thousands of posts! A girl got a hold of a book a few days early and tried to post spoilers everyone FREAKED!!!! i cant lie i was pissed when she did that!! but it was so much fun, then we all got back on here the day after it came out to talk about who had been right and what we thought!!! so crazy!

aaah i cant wait for november!
Haha lol thats crazy. Omg I cant believe someone did that! I would be maaaad.

I know me too :)

What does anyone think of alice's new hair?
over a year ago MeabhCullen said…
I loved it sooo much :D
over a year ago r-pattz said…
i didnt like it. its creative how they did jake as the wolf and all, but jasper needs to look normal in at least one scene. and the new hair is a little wierd. for alice and esme. i mean, its not horrible, just not as good
What do you mean about Jasper?

I think Alice's hair looks nicer in this one :]