Twilight Series SPOILERS ECLIPSE!! Did you like Eclipse? Why?

bagginsmyfrodo posted on Aug 09, 2007 at 07:01AM
I just finnished reading Eclipse. From a poll posted recently, everyone seems to have liked it. I am soooo dissatisfied with Eclipse to put it lightly. I'm angry. I know that Bella isn't perfect but it makes me so angry that she was torn between Jacob and Edward. She loved them both??? BAH!!! How could she even think about Jacob when she had Edward?? Edward: so selfless, so pure, so good to her. He DID leave her in the second book but she should have been strong through his absence. If she truly loved him, she wouldn't have fallen for Jacob. She seemed like Edward was her life and that nothing could replace him. Then all of the sudden, out of nowhere,"Jacob, I DO LOVE YOU!!!" PSH!!! If it were me, I would not have been weak enough to fall for Jacob Black. I mean, Jacob's great and all but compared to Edward? I mean, Are you kidding me?! Now it feels like everything between Edward and Bella is a farce. She'll always miss what she had with Jacob and Edward will reap what she's sewn. Forever. Eternity. I pity him that. Hey, I know this is just fiction but I waited a year for this book to come out. I'm so bitterly dissappointed. What does it matter if another book comes out??? I'll always feel that Bella doesn't deserve Edward and that anything she says or does to Edward out of "love" is a passing phase 'cause soon she'll be in love with someone else.
This is my opinion. Please do not be offended by the above statements. Thanx.

What Did you think of the book?

Twilight Series 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago tubachick said…
I actually agree with some of what you are saying... But I really liked this book. I didn't think it was disappointing at all.
The part with Bella loving Jacob was a bit annoying... But he was the one who helped her when Edward was gone. He pieced her back together when she was lying broken in the woods...
Although I do think that she and Edward are destined to be together FOREVER!!! Because Edward is so amazing!

I thought the part where Jacob said that Edward was Bella's drug, and he was her sun was really interesting... I don't know. The relationship between the three of them is just like the one between Leah, Sam, and Emily. Leah gets totally shafted in the end, as does Jacob, but you can't fight against the love that Sam and Emily feel for each other... Like with Bella and Edward.

!!!!! I am totally giving this book 5 stars !!!!!!
But that is just my opinion... I can totally see where you are coming from, bagginsmyfrodo!!!
over a year ago tubby2002 said…
I loved the book. I really liked the whole thing with Jacob, I was a little shocked when she came to the conclusion that she love him too, but then she had a decision to make. She had to chose Edward, there was no contest there, she loved him MORE than she loved Jacob...
I was waiting though for Jacob to say that he had 'imprinted' upon her, but that never came. I am kinda glad though because that would have been just too weird...

I was a little disappointed that Bella wasnt changed in this book. I have been waiting since the first book. It is a little good though, because that means there will be more drama in the books to come. (there is going be another one, right?)

I just loved this book! I see your point bagginsmyfrodo, but I am with tubachick on this one, I give the book five stars!
over a year ago XpsychotickissX said…
well i think she thought she loved jacob because things were a lot easier, he told her everything, she could get as close as she wanted to him, & there wasnt as many people pressuring her to leave him
over a year ago XpsychotickissX said…
she & edward are great together & after all the suffering he went through becuase of how he left bella & now being almost left becuase of jacob, a werewolf, his sworn enemy, & a guy not nearly as caring as he is, i feel so bad for edward i mean when he left her it was to help her but when she almost left him it was selfish & cruel horrible for him
over a year ago Jade_Loveth said…
I loved the book
though jacob getting heartbroken was upsetting
It is possible to love two people at once
When edward left her she had too move on!

I feel bad for jacob
I think it's edwards fault..

&& edward was a drug
Jacob was the sun!... a sun is deffinetly better for her!

but i love edward
&& she should have ended up with him
Cos how could somebody not love him
hes perfect
over a year ago chocolate-bear said…
I loved Eclipse simply because i love Jacob so much. I love how determined he was for her. Even though his love cant match that of Edward's i still think he really cares for her, he just doesnt think things through. I really enjoyed it, disappointed that you didnt like it.
over a year ago iluvtheoc3000 said…
i loved the book... and hated it at the same time... i loved that Jacob was a big charactor... because... well i love Jacob... i hated the book becuase Bella was pissing me off... ok i understand that they are BOTH (yah i said it.. both) good guys... but Jesus... it was SOOO obvious that she liked Jacob and i really hate that she choose Edward... im glad tubachick brought up the Drug and Sun analogy... its true... Jake is the BETTER choice for her... but Edward... for some reason you cant let him go.. its.. its an addiction!!

i loved that Jake made her the braclet... it was sweet and had real heart in it... but NO Edward had to kill it and ruin JAKES gift by needing "representaion" on the braclet too... i thought it was hillarious that he gift was beautiful, cold and hard... while jakes was brown and made from nature....

URRGGHH i am seriously straying from topic... but i am REALLY REALLY mad at Bella... i would have picked Jacob... i've done some real soul searching and i realized that Jake is the best... Bella has more fun when she is with him... and Jake istn so overprotective to the point that i want to kill myself, Jake has ALWAYS shown that he is wants her... and i think his persistance isnt SELFISH like some people say... i think it shows that he wants loves her... he wasnt willing to hear No becuase he KNEW that they were MEANT to be together... idk... i know that nobody agrees and chances are that next book im going to get my hopes up and cry again
over a year ago emma-jeff said…
I loved the book. I don't think Bella could help falling for Jacob. I think of him as her soul mate because if Edward had died like nature intended then she would have ended up with Jacob. Edward is more than a soul mate to Bella so it's kinda unfair on Jacob :S That's why I dont blame her for the whole Jacob thing because she really couldn't of helped it. Can I just say that I am TEAM EDWARD. :) but I love Jacob too.
over a year ago HisTypeOfHeroin said…
I like all the books the same. And here is why. SM writes her characters with realistic qualities. No one is perfect and SM makes sure to include flaws in all her protagonist. I see a lot of people bashing some of the characters because of the decisions that they made. But had SM wrote the characters without their flaws to me it would have been unrealistic. I read all kinds of books. The ones that I love the most are the ones with deep characterizing. These books have that. I've read a lot of Jane Austin books (my favorites). Since SM is also a big fan of her I think she took some of JA greatest qualities in her writing.
over a year ago team_edward41 said…
I read Eclipse a year ago, when it came out and I hated it too bagginsmyfrodo! It wasn't really disappointing, it's a great book, but Jacob got on my nerves! I mean I love Jacob, you have too. He is fun and just lovable! But when Bella was already engaged, and chose Edward, Jacob needed to back off!

Edward only left Bella, because he thought he was too dangerous for her! Bella left him to go to another guy! I can't believe you'd be THAT dumb! Seroiusly!

But, now that I've read your guy's opinions, and heard my friend's, I am really torn about what is going to happen in Breaking Dawn.

If she ends up with Edward, I'll be forever happy, but also really sad for what she's giving up. A family, life, Renee & Charlie! Everything she's ever had for Edward.

But if she ends up with Jacob, she'll have all that! But she'll give up eternal life, a college education, and i mean EDWARD! If she's a vampire, and lives forever, think of all the good she's going to do! She can be like Carlisle, and really help humanity!

I really want her to be a vampire, and I'm curious to see what her power is. I am pretty sure it is going to be immunity to all campire's powers, but she already has that, so IDK!

I CAN"T WAIT FOR BREAKING DAWN, and obviously, I'm on team Edward!

ps: no offense, but I don't think Edward is at all a drug for Bella, he's her soul mate.

pps: does edward even HAVE a soul?
over a year ago fashionista44 said…
angry
I totally agree with iluvtheoc3000.... I absolutely LOVED this book, it has so much meaning! But seriously IS BELLA CRAAAAAAAAAAZY???? Edward LEFT HER. Jake was always there for her. He's fit aswell and there is less chance of being eaten, and when you hug him he's really warm :D. OMG I am not liking Bella right now.