The Vampire Diaries why so many people do not like Stefan?

kindhiya posted on Apr 23, 2010 at 10:38PM
you know... i love damon...but i also love stefan.. in fact i love them all.
but i see so many people who don't like stefan, so i ask you why?
Stefan is an interesting character. that we discovered as a measure.
It is nice, but also its dark side.being nice is not boring. BORING:an adjective that often comes about stefan. i dont understand why?
i can understand you prefer damon...hot sexy dangerous guy...ok ok...me too but stefan is cute, and interesting...
you can have preferences, but do not offend because stefan is nice.

The Vampire Diaries 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago hollywoodluv said…
I know, Stefans my favourite out of the Salvatore brothers, i never used to like Damon but now he is caring for stefan so i think he's alright but i reckon Stefan is hotter and better than Damon.
over a year ago kindhiya said…
smile
tottaly agree
thanks for your answer
over a year ago Luh_ said…
I DO agree that you don't need to hate Sefan just because you prefer Damon. I mean, first I was in love with Stefan, he's just the right guy for Elena, and that's why I like him so much. But then, Damon came. For sure I can say I hate and love Damon at the same time, because sometimes he's just a jerk, but his character is completly sexy and compelling. I don't like when he tries to break Stefan and Elena apart, but I can totally understand that he loves her in his own way, and just wanted to be happy. Even though, for me Elena and Stefan are a perfect couple, and I hope Damon finds someone (like Bonnie, or anyone else). And yeah, I love Damon because I have a crush on bad vampires. LOL
over a year ago kindhiya said…
smile
lool... you're right... his character is tottaly sexy and compelling...
and stefan is cute....
i love them lool...
over a year ago CrazyFruittt said…
big smile
Lo0ve,Love,Love Stefan...xD I mean I love Damon,but Stefan is my favorite Salvatore brother...:)
over a year ago VDfan1994 said…
big smile
I love stefan and damon, its so hard to choose between both of them, there is no way i could choose between them, their both so hot! :D
over a year ago babybell said…
There are multiple reasons why people call Stefan boring.

Firstly, it is because he is the classic tortured soul who falls for the teen girl. At the point the books were written, it was original, but at the point most people read them or watched the show it has already been done to death (excuse the pun) by Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Edward from Twilight. It being a tired subject makes it boring to people.

Secondly, Damon is by definition dangerous and exciting, the kind of guy where there is a real threat, who is unpredictable, somewhat unstable, etc. Next to him, whilst Stefan may be cute and interesting, he isn't unpredictable and dangerous. It's easier to say 'boring' to describe him rather than just saying he isn't that type of guy.

Also the whole point of a vampire in my mind is that they are bad. Stefan is 'boring' (that isn't the word I would use) because he acts human. He is the kinda guy you could, and should, fall for. He's almost usual, and therefore boring.

Also I genuinely think Damon is hotter, not only in the TV shows but in the books, and more fun. Stefan is tortured, and can be cute, but he is for the reasons above sort of well... boring :P I hope i've helped.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago BajanGal said…
I like Stefan. He is the sweet, caring, sexy, boyfriend type material Salvatore brother. But the sweet, caring, sexy, badboy in Damon appeals to me as well. I like them both but if one bother has to go away from the show("FOR A LITTLE WHILE") I would really miss Damon more.
over a year ago Darktimes104 said…
monkey
I like Stefan, but I like Damon more.
I wouldn't say Stefan's boring,mostly their relationship is(The same old thing)
over a year ago McDreamyluva said…
monkey
Okay so I'm one of those who don't like Stefan...in fact I'm the extreme...I hate Stefan, and here's why. (Don't get mad, I respect other's view, this is just my opinion)

1. He is annoying, in the sense that he tries to be the perfect guy when he's the complete opposite inside. We've seen what he's like on human blood, and yet he's always saying stuff like "it's going to be fine" (which really gets on my nerve btw). I know that he's doing his best to not hurt people, but this hiding thing is not working for me. I really hate someone who pretends to be someone else, good or not, and then going around calling others (like Damon) a 'bad, horrible, cold hearted person' when he arguably share similar traits.

2. He's ultimately the one that started all this. If Katherine hadn't fed on him, she wouldn't have gotten exposed and they (the brothers) won't end up being here like this. Also, he was the one that got Damon to turn. He was the one telling him to feed when Damon wanted to die. So that to me marked a very negative impression of him. Plus, the fact that she chose him over Damon made me feel sympathetic towards Damon, and when Stefan treats Damon like crap, it pisses me off.

3. He's characteristics as an vampire. What kind of vampire doesn't feed on human blood? If they don't feed on human blood then they're not friggin vampires! Far out seriously this is the major issue I have with modern vampires. I thought TVD would be diff but Stefan... just brings out that frustration in me. Also, he's over-protectiveness over nothing and his general habits as an vampire really doesn't resemble much on a proper vampire.

4. He's boring. He doesn't do stuff. All he does is say "it's going to be alright" and "I'm so sorry". He's just there...for the sake of another character as far as I'm concerned. At least pick a fight or argument or something...ANYTHING, don't just sit there and wait for Elena to do something. Honestly for someone that old, you'd think that he would've figured out things that he can do to entertain himself.

5. Not my type in terms of physical appearance. Sure he's muscled and buff, but the nose... I really don't like it. And then there's the hair- my major issue with his appearance. Reminds me too much of Edward Cullen (who I hate with passion, sorry) and so obviously I don't enjoy it. But hey, it's just me. I know others find him attractive, but you know, he's not my type is all I'm saying.

So there you go, 5 main reasons to why I hate Stefan. I hope it doesn't offend anyone, I know my expression can get a bit harsh at times, so I apologise. This is just how I feel& how I interpret his character.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago claudia_bb said…
angry
i don't like it eighter.so fucking boring
over a year ago Radvile said…
have no idea, i love stefan, love love looove <3