The Vampire Diaries TV Show Other Vampire Books

HEA16 posted on Oct 23, 2009 at 01:35PM
Hey guys! I don't know if you guys have actually read TVD books, but if you have... and you're looking for something else to read, I have a great series to recommend.
The Morganville Vampire Series is a great set of books! They have 6 out so far and #7 comes out in just about a week(Nov 3) it's WAY different then the story lines of The Vampire Dairies and Twilight-but it's still a great story with vampires.
The books are by Rachel Caine. I'd definitley read them.
Here's a list of the books:
Book #1: Glass Houses
Book #2: The Dead Girls Dance
Book #3: Midnight Alley
Book #4: Feast of Fools
Book #5: Lord of Misrule
Book #6: Carpe Corpus

**NOVEMBER 3rd. Book #7: Fade Out

Here is Rachel Caines website if you want to read more about the books and see what they are about :)
link

Hope you guys enjoy them if you do decide to read them ;D

Any other great vampire books you guys have read that you recommend.... leave in the comments :D
last edited on Oct 23, 2009 at 01:37PM

The Vampire Diaries TV Show 57 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 57

over a year ago Kaidi said…
Oh my gosh, I looove The Morganville Vampires! I'm on the middle of Lord of Misrule.
Plus House of Night is mega good too :)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago HEA16 said…
Kaidi-aren't they sooo good?! I just finished the 6th(Carpe Corpus) last night. It's very good... Rachel Caine is coming to my town in Nov. so I get to meet her!

I'll have to try out House of Night.
over a year ago cr6zym0nkeyiz said…
oh. yes house of night is amazing. i guess when it said WARNING: ITS ADDICTING they werent kidding....haha.

ive also read TVD, twilight, and i did just read evernight...which is about a vampire and vampire hunter that fall in love. there love is forbidden...kinda like a romeo and juliet story to me, ive read the mortal instruments series too...not mainly bout vampires buh vampires r in book like shawdowhunters, werewolves, demons, & vampires....half way done wit last books and its awesome.

im looking for more books to read though...so whts the morganville vampires about? i mite try it...is romance and mystery in there?
thanks for the suggestions cr7zym0nkeyiz!

Morganville Vampires is mostly about this girl who is 16 and goes to college in this town "Morganville." When she first gets there, she doesn't get along well with the girls in the dorms.. so she decides to find a new place to live. She eventually comes upon the "Glass House" where she ends of living with 3 other housemates; Shane,Eve and Michael. Long story short, there are vampires in the town and they most likely "rule" it(kind of as the 'bad guys'. You'll have to read the story to get the rest :D
There's romance,action,mystery.. it kind of has it all! I really love it!
sounds really good. i'll definetely check it out!
big smile
let me know what you think of them (:
heart
oh p.s.- I just bought the first House of Night! It's fantastic!
laugh
oh. really?! so glad that u like it!!!!!
HEA16 have you read Fade Out already?
I have and it's megatastic! :D
It would have been good to have more Clare&Shane scenes, but oh well, I'm still thrilled.
over a year ago edwardsgirlxx said…
the BEST Vampire Books - Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead!!!
FABULOUS BOOKS :)
it has the element of forbidden romance, also a different view of vampires and just GREAT storylines.
#1 Vampire Academy
#2 Frostbite
#3 Shadow Kiss
#4 Blood Promise

with 2 more to be released next year :)

Also, i'm reading House of Night - They're Awesome :)
As is evernight and of course Twilight.
And i'll give The Morganville Vampires; they sound great!!!
But yeah, i strongly recommend Vampire Academy :D

i was gonna start vampire academy b/c heard it was soooo good...but swamped in other books im reading. ill probally read it after the fairy book im reading...which is good...it not a vampire book but its a great fantasy book, its called wicked lovely. i couldnt put it down. on to the next as soon as its mai turn im like #25 on the list...
im also started evermore last week...oh. god...its amazing. its has immortals in there...its really good..im about to get the next soon. i gotta read The Morganville Vampires....sounds sooooo good...oh. but soooo busy...wanna read lots sooooo happy the next vampire diaries book is comming out soon...in febuary!!
Kaidi- Yeah I finished Fade Out about a week 1/2 away. AMAZING :) <3
I actually just met Rachel Caine on Friday.. she came to my towns!
edwardsgirlxx thanks for the suggestion! I'll get on those :D

Morganville really is a fantastic series, I guarantee you will love them :D
cr6zym0nkeyiz: omg i've read Wicked Loevly!! Do you like it?? I thought it was pretty good, as was the second one, i have to read the third one!!

HEA16: no problemm, let me know what you think of them ;)
and yeaah, i'll get the Morganville books when i can :)
edwardsgirlxx: i finished wicked lovely in 2 days!!! it was amazing..im still waiting to get the second one ink exchange at the library....and then hopefully the third one too...i heard that the second doesnt focus on the main characters keenan, seth, & ash...is it still really good??
cr6zym0nkeyiz: yeaah, ink exchange does focus more on this new character Leslie. Ash, seth and keenan ARE around, but no there not as main. Yes, the book IS still good, but i did prefer the first. But thats just me :) Its still a good read!! x
okaiexz...thanks. i got it already so better start reading it now.
HEA16: YOU DID?! No way!!! I'm so jealous now!!!
What was she doing there and what was she like?
over a year ago mormongirll06 said…
i haven't read the morganville vampire Series yet but im thinking about doing that after i read vampires. ive read the twilight series the vampire academy series and ive read one of night house books.
smile
Kaidi: Yeah :) It was so awesome! She was doing a book signing so my friend and I went. She was really nice and really laid back. She read a chapter from Fade Out(the 7th book) and answered some questions(like about her inspiration for the characters and such)
It was really great! I have some photos of her.. email me if you want to see them :)
heart
mormongirll06- I definitley recommend Morganville- you'll love them!
over a year ago mormongirll06 said…
ok thank you for recomendation im always glad to read different kinds of books. and i will read the morganville vampires books series .HEA16 if you want to you can friend me or click that your a fan of me and ill be a fan of you
big smile
i just started reading Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side. and its really good so far i cant tell u guys much b/c im only on chapter 2 but here's the summary of the book:

The undead can really screw up your senior year . . .

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancé. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction
big smile
okaiexz...im far enough in Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side to tell u guys u have got to read it...its amazing..i simply just cant put this book down. must resist the temptation...hahahahaha...XD

ive seen it at the bookstore for weeks but i didnt knoe it was a vampire book and the title was like....okaiexz not gonna read it..but then read reviews of it...and im glad i did and im glad im reading it b/c its amazing!!!
over a year ago ItalianAngel89 said…
I've read Twilight, and I'm in the middle of House of Night at the moment. I love that series, its so addicting!! And I'll be gettin The Vampire Dairies books for Christmas. Yay! I'm so excited, cant wait to read them.

I've never read The Morganville Vampire Series though. I'll have to check those out, also Vampire Academy.
omg. i really wanna check out vampire academy too but have tons of books am reading alaready. i wish that i read faster.
over a year ago real_vampire said…
big smile
i can only read vampire books so i guess i might as well read the books but i am n t middle of 1 book tat is really good so i dought i get 2 read tem.....oh well maybe my mom buy me some 4 christmas...an plus i dont more books i already hav like 1,000,000,000 books from no telling who or where...lol=)lol=)ive seen them but dont want tem that bad so i mite get tem wit my moving goin on....=...(
i used to read only vampire books too...then i tried this book about fairies that got recommended to me and now i look for all books about vampires & fairies.
the Morganville series, STILL hasn't come in from the library, but i have been reading the Night World, by L.J Smith.
idk if they've come up but they're quite good, although each book in the series is its own individual story. the main plot is basically there are two main rules of the Night World, 1.] you can't tell a human (well anyone) about the Night World and 2.] Never fall in love with a human. the books have vampires, werewolves, witches and shapeshifters and lovts of forbidden romance if you're interested :)
i would defz recommend them although i've only read three so far, Daughters of Darkness is my favourite so far :) (its the second one)
x
okaiexz. just finished jessica's guide to dating the dark side about a week ago...now reading fragile eternity. the Morganville series will probally be last on my list to read. awaiting the immortals series book shawdowland.
oooh, i was interested in reading the imortals series. have you read of them, if so are they good and what are they about?
also, read a GREAAT books yesterday :D called the City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Its the first book in the series, The Mortal Instruments. Its an urban fantasy novel, and has most elements of the supernatural world - demons, vampires, werewolves, faeries, warlocks etc. Hard to explain, but bascically its kind of like this invisible world, which the main character Clary can see. It begins at a club where she meets a boy Jace - that only she could see, and sees him killing a "demon". He claims to be a demon hunter. Clary tries to forget the events at the night club, only to run into Jace the next day who wants to take her to the "Institute" where he lives. However she receives a distressing call from her mother telling her not to come home and the line drops dead. Jace takes her home where her house is a mess and her mother is gone. They are then attacked be a demon which is the beginning of the link between Clary's world and Jace's. Not sure i explained it perfectly, but it goes on unfolding this "invisble paranormal world" and Clary and her mother's involvment in it. It also has frobidden love, as well as a love triangle between Clary, Jace and Clary's best friend Simon. Although i probably didn't give a great explanation, theres a lot more to the story and is a FANTASTIC read :D i loved it, and can't wait to get the next one :)
x
can't wait for you to all read Morganville :) They're wonderful! I read the whole series so quickly <3
@edwardsgirlxx: yup. the immortal series is amazing. is first book is my favorite. waiting to get the third from the library. am on a waiting list. its about a girl, ever who has just lost my family in a car accident and now lives with her aunt and then a new student comes to her school, damien and they end up dating or whatever and damien is an immortal not a vampire but he and his dad mad this thing where they can become an immortal and he has an ex-wife, drina who tries to kill ever everytime her reincarnation shows up. oh. and damien falls for every incarnation...its really good. well...the first book was, didnt like the second that much.

oh. yup. the mortal instruments is a good series. dying to c the movie when it comes out. i really wanna c who is playing who.
kay, thanks soudns good :) i've reserved them from the library! and omg so they actually are making the movie? i didn't know if it was a rumour or not! lmaao! omg, do you know when it would come out??

and HEA16, i FINAALLLY got glass houses from the library i'll read it soon, as soon as i finish the books that are due first ;)
i heard that its suppose to come out in 2012. which is what some articles r saying. but no real news about when filming begins and who r the actors. but i seriously am awaiting to hear that news.
over a year ago VampGirl151 said…
smile
If you liked the vampire diaries, morganvilles and house of nights novels you should try the night world books also by L.J.Smith which is totally awesome if you ask me but it is also a mix of other supernatural stuff such as werewolves, witches and other stuff!
over a year ago Babygirl92 said…
I say anyone who likes vampire books should really check out Vampire Academy. It's great. It's has There's 4 books out and 2 more coming out this year. People do say more are coming out, like alot more, but I'm not sure.
You wouldn't be let down, and honestly? I really do perfer it to The Twilight Saga, and Vampire Diaries really. Though Vampire Diaries comes very close to VA, at my second favorite book series. =]]
i really wanna read VA. i heard so many great things about it. i wish i had the time. but will definetely read them after the 3 or 4 books i have on reserve at the library.
i finally read the first Morganville book! lvoed it, it was great!! :D
isn't it awesome, edwardsgirlxx ?! I LOVE them!
heart
Yay, we're getting some more Morganville lovers :)
God, I FINALLY have some of them now as real books. Before that I read them all online :)
But now I have Glass Houses, Feast of Fools, Lord of Misrule and Carpe Corpus :)
haha, yes it's verrry awesomeee :D
i borrowed the Dead Girls Dance too, so hopefully i'll get round to reading that soon too :D thanks for the recomendation!
x
they're all so good :) Hope you guys are enjoying them!
over a year ago JasAlice said…
smile
i just got done reading the first one a few days ago and i loved it but the ending made me cry & now im in the middle of the second book and so far i like it but i think the first one was better :)
they get better as the series goes on :)
i just read the first book from the chicagoland vampire series. into chapter 2 i was addicted. i couldnt put it down. if it wasnt for school i wouldve devoured that book in one sitting. i cant wait to read the second book. so guys the first book is called, some girls bite by chloe neill...okaiexz..
Have you guys ever read "The Immortals" first book is called "Evermore"
It's not about vampires..but very good, you should check it you! :)
over a year ago allyxox379 said…
heart
all those books are amazing<333
@HEA16: yup. evermore series is great. the first book in the series is my fav so far.