The Office NOT OFFICIAL SPOILER INFO: Read this only if you are desperate for spoiler info

chel1395 posted on Aug 12, 2007 at 11:10PM
This is taken from a Television Without Pity post. It claims to be an eyewitness report from someone who hung out at the location shoot for the season premiere. I don't know how accurate it is...take it with a grain of salt.

-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­

Here is what I saw:

1. Michael is struggling heavily with the run as Phyllis and Bob Vance jog by. They talk to him for a second but he waves them on.

2. Michael is now sitting on the ground looking completely miserable as most of the rest of the cast runs by.

3. One of the people running by is Andy, who as mentioned earlier is in full yellow running gear. What I couldn't find mentioned was the fact that wardrobe painted blood on his nipples so that it would show through. He is noticeably struggling in pain from some hardcore nipple chaffing as he passes Michael. LOTS of blood!

4. The next scene they shot was with Jim and Pam approaching Michael's spot on the grass. They were just standing there but when action was called they immediately started holding hands and laughing and talking to each other. They're holding a lamp with a red price tag on it and it appears to be bought from a garage sale (spec - side adventure during run?). They see Michael and stop holding hands, but not like they're hiding it (I don't think). They encourage him to finish the race. He says no. They show him the lamp like it is something he might want. He appears intrigued by this and finally gets up, but refuses help from Jim while doing so (insert Steve Carell physical comedy gold as he struggles to his feet), and the look on his face made me bite my tongue so I wouldn't laugh out loud and ruin the take. FYI also, this was the only scene where it looked like the actors had trouble keeping it together. John in particular.

5. The winner of the Fun Run is......................TOBY!

6. Kelly doesn't appear to take part in the run and is on her phone the whole time.

7. Creed, Stanley, and Oscar take a taxi (or just a car ride) to the finish line.

8. Michael finishes last with Jim and Pam accompanying him. The whole cast cheers him on at the finish line. When he finishes, he starts crying and Jim hands him the Lamp-Trophy.

It was a ton of fun to watch and looks like a great episode. Other fun facts from the set:

1. Steve Carell was attempting to climb a nearby tree in between takes and got a piece of bark in his eye. He needed eyedrops before he could continue.

2. John and Jenna talked and laughed with each other nearly every second they weren't filming. It was easy to see where the on-screen chemistry comes from.

SOURCE: link
last edited on Aug 12, 2007 at 11:13PM

The Office 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago kathiria82 said…
Interesting and kind of convincing. These would be spoilers always make me believe. Why did I read this? ;P
over a year ago chel1395 said…
I KNOW!! I don't know why I read this. I didn't want to know this stuff. I need to be stopped!!!
over a year ago llerenaprincipe said…
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
whaaaaa
over a year ago jessica24 said…
gah !
why did I read this?
I always read spoilers.
I totally just ruined it for myself,
ughhh
oh welll

over a year ago doonis said…
If this is real, it actually looks like a pretty good episode.
I really shouldn't be reading this, but I decided that I'll let myself read spoilers for this episode, and only this episode
over a year ago bobaloo42 said…
hey i read the back of a guys shirt in that one picture with steve carrell and it said Meredith Palmer memorial fun run. is Meredith Dead?
over a year ago immisterkevin said…
Meredith probably isn't dead. You know Michael Scott...makes something a bigger deal than it really is. And no one took the run seriously, so probably nothing too bad happened.

And the spoilers are real, my best guess. They're filming on a public area. People are bound to watch.