Television Saddest TV moments

dejadthisvu posted on Oct 09, 2010 at 08:36PM
I'm trying to compile a list of the top 20 saddest moments in TV shows, no reality shows or cartoons please! I would love to do my own personal favorites, but I can't put anything in order. The my first is definitely when Buffy comes home to find her mother dead on the couch, and pretty much that whole episode. A few of my others would include:
Fresh Prince: when Will's father leaves, his convo w/Phillip.
Ally McBeal: when Billy dies after his speech in court.
I have several Buffy moments, including: Anya's speech in The Body. When Buffy kills Angel, When Oz leaves (Willow asks him, "Oz, don't you love me?" Oz, "My whole life I've never loved anything else.") And then when Tara was shot.
BSG, when Kara's viper explodes/she kills herself; When Roslin dies at the end and he puts his ring on her finger.
Roswell: when Alex dies.
Charmed: both Prue's and Cole's deaths.
Lost: Juliet dies in Sawyer's arms.
Joan of Arcadia: Judith's death.
Monk: Mr. Monk and the Actor, the conversation between the two at the end about Trudy.
Grey's Anatomy (which I don't watch, but loved this clip): when Denny died and Izzy was lying with his body.
There are more, but I think you get the point. I would really appreciate any input, the more the better, so feel free to add as many as you want/can think of. I need a big one to tally all the answers. They will go in ascending order, from least to most votes.

Television 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago victoria7011 said…
Mines is when The bill was axed.It is the best and always will be!R.I.P THE BILL
over a year ago Vishee said…
LOST: Charlie's death.
Skins: Sid/Tony scene after Sid's father death (in the club), Chris's death, Cook's speech in his episode in season 4.
over a year ago alisonfaith297 said…
Criminal minds: the whole episode of "lauren" espically JJ telling the team the news of emily death and garcia message to emily
over a year ago housefrk said…
These are my top ten saddest moments, ordered by show, and, let me tell you, it was not easy narrowing it down to just ten. I originally had over twenty.

NCIS:
- Tony and McGee saying goodbye to Kate in the morgue at the end of Kill Ari (that whole episode, really)
- Vance recapping Jenny Shepherd's final moments in Judgment Day

Criminal Minds:
- Haley's death in 100
- Emily's death in Lauren

House:
- Amber's conversation with House on the bus in Wilson's Heart (and really that entire episode)
- Kutner's funeral in Simple Explanation

CSI:NY:
- When the Jane Doe is identified as Aiden in Heroes

Bones:
- When Brennan wonders if she could have done anything to prevent Zach's becoming a serial killer's apprentice at the end of The Pain in the Heart

Castle:
- Beckett breaking down when she can't revive Jack Coonan to get the information about her mother's murder in Sucker Punch

24:
- Jack and Chloe's last conversation in the series finale

over a year ago smms said…
Spoilers beware!

Supernatural: When Sammy dies and Dean doesn't know what to do.

Angel: When Fred becomes a shell and Illyria takes over.

Lost: Season 1, when Boone gets into yet another plane crash because "the island is sending us a sign."
over a year ago melandjim4eva said…
Here are my saddest TV moments. May contain spoilers.

BTVS: Buffy kills Angel (Season 3). Buffy sacrifices herself for Dawn (Season 5)

Charmed: Phoebe kills Cole and then when she is lying on the bed with her sisters (Season 4).

One Tree Hill: Lucas finds Peyton on the floor covered in blood.

Greys Anatomy: When Meredith finds out the unknown patient is George.

Glee: Sue's sisters funeral (season 2)

Sex And The City - Charlotte miscarries.