Steve Carell Dan in Real Life

MJB posted on Sep 27, 2007 at 02:23PM
I saw early showing of Dan in Real Life last night and it was wonderful. It wasn't Carell's normal ridiculously funny movie. It had a real sadness and raw emotion and humor that made me cry and laugh. It is the best movie I've seen all year and I've seen almost every top movie that came out this year. It is my new favorite romantic comedy, beating out Love Actually, which is very hard to do. I loved the movie and I urge all of you to see it when it comes out in late October.

Steve Carell 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DarthVibbert said…
cool
over a year ago thetruth said…
Hey, I need details of the movie, like how's Steve's acting, Steve-Juliette as a pair, Steve's dramatic performance, soundtrack, etc...possibly a spoiler or two..!
over a year ago MJB said…
the soundtrack is great, Carell is an amazing actor
over a year ago chel1395 said…
Thanks to all the good reviews the movie has been getting, I went to see it on Friday and it is one of the best movies I've seen this year. Possibly the best. I laughed so hard during all those dancing scenes. Steve Carell was genius in this role. He was so good that I didn't even find myself associating him with his role on The Office (which I'm a huge fan of). While the other actors were superb in the movie, it was Steve that really made this film worthy. I don't think it would have been half as enjoyable with another actor. The plot actually could have been creepy (a guy falling for his brother's girlfriend), but Steve made it feel human and I actually cried at the end when he was talking to his daughters about Marie. I just can't say enough about this film. I'm sure you understand, MJB. I really hope someone posts it online soon so I can see it again.
over a year ago charleybrown said…
Steve Carell definitely does this film justice - he's lovable, funny, and believable as the single dad of 3 daughters. He and Juliette Binoche do Share a certain chemistry that makes you forget that he is Michael Scott (even though I LOVE Michael)

someone asked about the soundtrack and the songs they choose definitely add to the feel of the movie. Sondre Lerche wrote some songs for this and I especially liked the final song!
over a year ago nonames said…
it was a great film! though i did occasionally saw some of Michael's character, it was few and brief. so really it was steve begin steve. great touching movie. pretty funny too. definately worth seeing!
over a year ago llerenaprincipe said…
the music was awesome too
link
link
:)
gave a lot of ambience to the music
over a year ago sherry729 said…
This was a fantastic movie! Steve Carell is so adorable in it. I had never really noticed until this movie just how handsome he really is. WOW!!
over a year ago doonis said…
Can someone post this? I'm dying to see it.
over a year ago emzi said…
went to see it today in the cinema. its a good movie.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago tinydancer said…
Saw this film last week and I loved it! So sweet, I would highly recommend it!