Scrubs JD and Elliot. Meant for each other or not?

snoznoodle posted on Oct 27, 2007 at 07:28AM
Plead your case here.

There are a lot of varying opinions on whether JD and Elliot should end up together or not. I have a pretty strong opinion that they should not be together.

Here's my reason:
They started off being attracted to each other but their first dating experience to me tells us that they wouldn't work out. For those of you who don't know, when they were dating in the first season, it started out perfect like we all expected but it turned out that they couldn't get along properly.

I think that they're both confused about who they should end up with and being such close friends, they've mixed up their feelings. I think it was really decided in the season finale of season 3. JD had a chance to live happily ever after with Elliot and he realised he didn't love her.

That's my opinion. What's yours? Please no 'they should be together cos they're cool'. Try make a good argument if you want to reply.

Scrubs 15 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ThinkPink20 said…
Wow, snoz. I think we're totally right. No, just kidding, there are some good arguments out there.

Anyways, for the people who haven't already seen my soapbox and don't know my opinion yet:
I don't think they belong together. It would just seem forced after all the on-and-offness they've had. I know a ton of people are holding on to the last bit of hope that they'll end up together, but Elliot is confused, and JD is going to be a dad, so they should just remain really good friends, because that's when their chemistry is best.
over a year ago scrubs-maniac said…
I'm not too sure - on the onehand, it would be good to see them together as we all thought that from My First Day - however, I would feel sorry for Kim and even, when he's born, JD's son. All in all, I don't know what will happen. Some people say they shouldn't be together because it would be too like Ross and Rachel - though that may be true, it shouldn't limit the finale,as scrubs is a show in its own right, and has to end somehow [ not that I'm saying that they should be together]. I think it could work out any way.
over a year ago alicelattey said…
I personally think they should be together but i can't be bothered to write out my argument if you want to see it go on the soapbox on the jd and elliot spot
over a year ago tyleroffice4 said…
ok J.D. and Elliot are like Jim and Pam both relationships are a big part of the show it will not be a good ending if both of these couples dont get together. this is what i think will happen J.D. and Elliot wil start dating at the ned then they will show 10 years later on the show and what happened to all the workers at Sacred Heart and J.D. and Elliot will be together i hope :)
over a year ago scrubs-maniac said…
that could be good - it's so sad to think about the ending!!!
over a year ago Doctor_Jan_Itor said…
I would love to see them together and see the series end on a good note. I'm going to be very upset when it's all over. The DVD's will get me through lol but I really wish this wasn't the end. I'm going to miss this show.
over a year ago snoznoodle said…
I don't think JD and Elliot are like Jim and Pam. I have no doubt Jim and Pam are meant to end up together, JD and Elliot I've always had doubts.

Now that I've seen the first episodes of this season and they've both broken up with their perfect spouses, I get the feeling that they're leaning towards them ending up together, but I'm still not convinced they should be. But I did have a weird moment in the second episode when Elliot said something JD was thinking and he said 'She knows me too well'. For some weird reason I thought that was kind of sweet. So I don't know but it wouldn't be the worst thing if they ended up together.
over a year ago The_Mixed_Tape said…
I think they will end up getting back together, if season 7 doesnt end with JD and Elliot getting back together then it will obviously end dramatically.
over a year ago Quachett said…
Guys I think that the reason they have to keep breaking up is that for a series to go for a long run and especially if it is based on the lead characters personality, giving him a life partner early will limit exploring his character deeper because he will be already surrounded by the people he loves and has to act accordingly. He already has turk as a best friend thats why the show hasn't introduced any new male characters in JD's life but making him single gives them a chance to introduce new female characters and thus explore his character by interacting with them.

In the end i think they JD and elliot will end up together because when you look at it both always screw up a great relationship because of fearing to loose the other for good. they have both had relationships that would have made great marrieges but still they screwed them up. I think they will finally confront thier insecurities about the other and finally start a more mature relationship, remember both Carla and turk even Cox and Jordan and I think the whole hospital thinks both of them are ment for each other but they just dont see it yet. Remember what turk said at the end of season 6, "non of them were good for you any way, ohh except for molebutt..." which indicates that the rest of the people see it but due to JDs insecurities he always screws it up.

Now that the wedding is off and JD and elliot are again back to the same point i dont see there being yet another good guy for elliot or a good girl for JD we are just left with the two of them since as can be seen both have ended very good relationships and i dont think thier are any more paople who can give more in love than what has already been given. They are perfect for each other.
over a year ago ilovejdforevver said…
Quachett, I don't think you could've said it any better, :)
I completley agree.
oh, and i lovve the song the mixed tape :D
over a year ago ilovejdforevver said…
AND OMG, THERES GONNA BE A SEASON 8
cuz of the writers strike!
yayyyyyyyyyyy
over a year ago tushtush said…
JD and Elliot will end up together. It's inevitable. They're so perfect for each other in every way and over the past seven years we've seen them mature together and grow into two people who need one another. If JD and Elliot had had their first date planned at the end of My First Day, I reckon they would still be together. However, by waiting a while they had time to grow doubtful and they saw sides of each other they didn't like that much, which they would've still seen if they'd been dating, only they would have been seen through loving eyes.

Still, I'm glad they didn't get together at the beginning as it benefited both the show and the characters. They were given space to grow over the years and that they have grown together just shows that they're meant to be. The season 3 incident was annoying, of course, as JD's insecurities and commitment issues took ever. Now those issues are no longer apparent, as seen with Kim and JD, though it may not be the same with Elliot.

They're perfect for each other, end of. :D
over a year ago oorosco said…
Depends... If zach doesn't return to his saftey nest in Scrubs than no they will not be together, thus the alternate ending Bill was talking about... if he comes back then yes they will be- at least for a little bit. One thing i know for sure is that we're going to see at least one fling between the two before the end of the show! I'm really upset that there's been no closure on the 2 because even though i hate to admit it Elliot's personality and J.d.'s inability to "love" her is what makes the show great and now that the two can be together after the ep "cold shower"... so ya.
over a year ago snoznoodle said…
Ok I've changed my mind after season 7. They both had the chance to be with their perfect spouses - Keith and Kim and now it's over all they're left with is each other.

They're more like Ross and Rachel than I thought they were. Elliot should get a job in France so JD can fall in love with her and chase her to the airport. It was a great ending for Friends!

But really, if they don't get married by the end of the series I'll be very disappointed lol.
over a year ago hooch-is-crazy said…
MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!!!! BEWARE!!!!

The season 8 finale will be about JD and Elliot rekindling., I'll like it with them together but I'm worried that it might be too much like Ross and Rachel from Friends.

Remember, if you're replying to this comment put spoiler alert above that aswell.
last edited over a year ago