Norse mythology The Time Game

Emily_is_COOl posted on Feb 21, 2011 at 03:53PM
Hi! I am Emily, I have written (started to write) a story that includes Norse Mythology. I hope you people check it out!

Title: The Time Game

Rating: YC, nothing bad really happens, I guess like maybe 9+?

Type: Friendship, Adventure, Mythology (The unbelievable)

Characters: Jenna Czary, Jane Hewitt, Sam Roy, and Josh Matthews. There will be characters added on, like the bad guys and Keke, but they won't be here until WAY later.

Synopsis: Jenna is a 13 year old who is traveling with her new friends, Josh, Jane, and Sam, who are special like her. Josh and her are some really powerful kids though. They race the clock to try to search for the gods before they agree to rid the world of humans and start a new era. These kids try to persuade the gods and goddess to see what god humans can do, one god and goddess at time.

Disclaimer: I am not taking anything from other books, though the theme magic can be from the PJO and Harry Potter, Avatar and et cetera. I didn't come up with this theme, but I came up with this story.

A/N: I don't mind spam (Ex. BUTTERFLY!) but try to refrain from using comments that are rude (x. You suck! or Go die in a hole!) without saying what I should change.

Thanks for reading! Enjoy!

Link:
link

That is my FanFic about the HoO series. If you are interested in that you can read it.

Skadi - goddess of winter and the hunt
|
V
Hi! I am Emily, I have written (started to write) a story that includes Norse Mythology. I hope you p
last edited on Feb 21, 2011 at 04:27PM

Norse mythology 55 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 55

over a year ago Emily_is_COOl said…
heart
I will most likely post every 2 weeks or 1 week because it takes a while to write a chapter because they are long.

Chapter 1
I’m Jenna Czary; it means “magic.” When I was younger I didn’t know how true that would be. Okay, let me start at the beginning. I want to let you know that this could happen to you, you could be like me, and to tell you the truth. That would be bad. My life had brought unimaginable hardships and troubles. But I shouldn’t frighten you too much, should I?
Let me begin. I was born in Alexandria, Egypt; I am not even 2% Egyptian. I’ll explain. My mom and dad were avid travelers. They went everywhere, and they were very secretive. Even when I was no more than 14 months I was traveling with them. As I became older I began to wonder why we were leaving so suddenly, without saying goodbye, and always being cautious.
My parents even used fake names. We were the Smiths. No one would suspect that I heard them saying to each other one August evening. I was getting worried, I was only eight, I wish I had been smarter, because then I wouldn’t be half-dead by the time I was eleven.
Back to the story, we finally went to Vienna, Austria. My family history was there. I was 97% Austrian. I had been there over ten times, but that time was my last. My mom, Jessica Czary and Dad, Malcolm Czary were especially nervous that day. I didn’t know why at that time but I eventually found out someone was following us.
Their deaths were my fault. The person wanted me, not them, but my parents wouldn’t let them take me away. I was ten when that happened. I ran away, I ran and ran… and then collapsed. I woke up and was in a hospital, I don’t remember which. I was adopted by a woman, she was a nice and caring woman, and she always looked after me, never caring if I had a detention in school or a bad grade. I loved her, but that changed when she married him.
Him is Joe Narcas. He never cared for me. I have no clue why my “mother”, Joanna Lee, loved him. I choose to believe that it was to protect me from learning my identity. I had got amnesia after my parents died so I didn’t know what really happened, yet. She said his doubtfulness would make me second think myself and not believe I was special, I believe because she told me that right before she vanished.
Yeah, she didn’t die, I had to believe that, she just disappeared, I left the room for about ten minutes and she was gone, and in my two years since I ran away I haven’t heard or seen anything about her. I wish I had, she was my best friend. No one had understood me, if was because my “mom” was really my Aunt and she knew who I was. Believe me; I don’t even know who I am.
People I have trained with tell I should’ve never been born and others have tried to kill me. I flick my wrist and they fly against the wall. I am magic. I just wish I wasn’t.

“Whaaat?” I woke up with a gigantic headache. I felt like I had been microwaved for five minutes too long. “Oww.” I tried to stand up. Well that was a fail.
“Back away!!” I heard a female voice say, it sounded scared, even though obviously I was no threat.
“What? Where am I?” I asked.
“Who are you?” The girl’s voice replied, now cold and stiff.
“I’m Jenna Czary.” I said. “Now please tell me where we are and who you are?” The room was pitch black. I couldn’t see anything.
“Fine, I am Jane Hewitt. You are at my safe house on the coast of Jersey City. Happy?”
“Very.” I said sarcastically. And then she did something that surprised me, she laughed.
“Sorry, about that. Sam wanted to make sure you were one of us.” She said, truly sorry.
“Sam?” I asked. Then a guy came out of the shadows.
“That’s me.”
“What do you mean one of us?”
“We are special, we use magic.”
“Great joke. Now are you escapee from a mental institute?” I joked.
“Been there, done that.” Replied Sam, deadly serious, but with a sly grin that made me wanted to back away.
“Your scaring her Sam!” she playfully punched him arm. At that point I was getting weirded out, big time.
“Okay,” the girl, Jane said. “We can use magic,” she paused. “but you have to believe us; we need everyone we can find. We need you.” I was actually believing her, I knew when people were lying. And the scary thing was, she wasn’t lying, not one bit.
“I, I believe you.” I sighed. What was happening with my life?
“Well then,” Sam said trying to break the awkward pause.
That night I felt the most at home. “Let’s eat.”
It might’ve not been much but I hadn’t ate for a day. We made a fire, courtesy of Sam, who apparently can bend fire to his will. After we finished eating we just sat there. I know it sounds really stupid but I needed to absorb what I had just experienced.
“Okay? So what now?” I asked.
“We sleep.” Jane said casually.
After a few days I started to get used to everything weird. Jane and Sam become sort of second family to me. Well, at least I thought I could get used to everything.
“Wait? You said we were magic? What can you or me do?” I asked, wondering if I was actually magic.
“Me? Okay then. My specialty is water, snow, sea, ocean, blah, blah, blah.” Jane said as she reached into the air and extracted water molecules and formed them into a ‘snowball’. “Cool, huh?”
I nodded. “What can I do?”
They shrugged, “It’s whatever you do, try what we did and others and we’ll find out.”
I tried both and I had no luck. Then I did something that startled them. I waved my hand in front of my face like I always did when I was sweaty, a gust of wind brushed against my face softly. Ah, relaxing.
“What did you do?!” asked Sam.
“I am cooling myself off, duh.” Sam and Jane moved to back and whispered quietly. I heard little bits and pieces of it. “Wind? How…didn’t know…no one told me…dangerous…more?” That was all I heard, I figured out I was dangerous and they didn’t know about me. Oh and there may be more like us, and that sums it up.
“Jenna your—your extraordinary, we didn’t know, there, there could be more.” Said Jane excitedly.
“Okay?” I said, “Let’s train?”
“Oh… yeah. We need to train. Let’s pair up; the winner will move on, it’s predictable that I and Sam will never beat each other, since water/fire, so we’ll take turns going against you.” Jane replied.
“Okay, Jenna, me and you now.” Sam said.
We started; I had no clue what to do. He threw a fire ball at me, I dodged and ran back. Stop, I commanded myself, I had to fight. With all my power I imagined an intense circle of wind, and when I looked in my hand, there it was! I lashed it at Sam, who didn’t expect it, he stumbled backwards. I laughed, “I win!”
“One outta…five?” he asked warily.
“No comment.” I joked back. “Bring it on Jane. I love the feel of winning.” I smiled and she nodded evilly, I could tell she was clever.
She stepped forward quickly, thrust her hand out and shot water at me, I dodged and shot wind back. The cycle repeated for several minutes, finally we became too tired and just sat, breathing heavily.
“Wow, what a workout.” I said, exhausted.
“Yeah, but that’s not the worst of it,” she said, I could tell she’d seen the evils of the world, and loathed it immensely.
“You see there are these ‘people’.” She made air quote on the word people, “They want to kill, injure, maim, and etc. because they believe that we shouldn’t be the way we are, to them we are evil. And the worst thing is…” she gulped, “they ‘brainwash’ children, our age and younger, into thinking that we are evil, so we have to hurt, or kill, people we don’t know, people that could’ve been our friends, because they could kill us first, and would, if they had the chance.” Then she smiled, “But they almost never do.”
I nodded; Jane was seriously freaking me out. She was nice, don’t get me wrong, but sometimes, I saw her warrior side, and boy, she was ruthless.
“We have to go tomorrow,” Sam interrupted. “we can’t stay here forever. They’ll find us.”
“Yeah,” Jane said sadly, “I know, especially with her.” She looked at me.
“So, where to?” I asked.
“Okay, here’s the thing--we don’t know.” Sam said.
know.” Sam said.

There you go!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago greenstergirl said…
heart
OMG OMG I LOVE IT U SHOULD KEEP POSTING EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago pjfan1 said…
big smile
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Post more!!!!!!!
@greenstergirl - Thanks! :)
@pjfan1 - Yeah, I already have #2 done and am 1/4 done with #3. It's going pretty slowly, believe me, I am 100% frustrated with myself!
over a year ago tracytracy2000 said…
heart
That was your best work Yet. I loved it. Plz post one soon.
over a year ago Idunn said…
heart
Loved it!
crying
@tracytracy2000 - Thanks! And yeah, I think I might try to work a teeny bit harder on this because it's my own work!
@Idunn - Thanks! I will post like next week or maybe even Thursday, but it takes a while to make each chapter, but I won't abandon this story!

I am happy people are reading this! You rock!
over a year ago PJhero02 said…
big smile
it was amazing!! but i'm working to constructive critizism so.....

it was a TINY bit fast paced
and also i find it troubling that i can't picture any of the characters yet cuz i dont' know what any of them look like.

but it was TRULY AMAZING!!!! and i luved it!
blush
@PJhero02 - I'll post pictures soon, don't worry, I am looking. I just didn't want them to become Mary Sue's or her cousins. And yeah, it is a little fast paced, I don't know what else to do. Tell me what to fix and I'm your man!

Here is my people. I can't draw so here's the best I could find.

Jane - light brown hair, has electrifying blue eyes, and pink-ish lips (wears outgoing fashions, kind of cool/crazy)

Here is my people. I can't draw so here's the best I could find.

Jane - light brown hair, has el

Jenna - Auburn hair, blue/purple eyes, light pink lips (usually wears dark blues and blacks)

Jenna - Auburn hair, blue/purple eyes, light pink lips (usually wears dark blues and blacks)

Josh - green eyes, brown/blonde hair, pale skin

Josh - green eyes, brown/blonde hair, pale skin

Sam - brown/orangey eyes, blondish hair, tanner skin (but still pale-ish)

Sam - brown/orangey eyes, blondish hair, tanner skin (but still pale-ish)
mischievous
If you find any better pictures send me PM with the picture or the link! Thanks!
over a year ago Percyistheman said…
smile
Nice Chapter
big smile
@Percyistheman - Thanks. I will have Chapter 2 up by Friday.
mischievous
Cool pics! And Sam looks like Jason :)
mischievous
@pjfan1 - You know what? I never thought of that. I guess so, but you guys can picture them anyway you want.
over a year ago theonlyexeption said…
smile
i love this one. It is better than your other work, WHICH WAS AMAZING!. so that says a lot! I just have one thing, which i think someone else already said. I think you write a little too fast paced. For example:
“I, I believe you.” I sighed. What was happening with my life?
“Well then,” Sam said trying to break the awkward pause. “Let’s train.”

I think you should try and develop the characters a bit, before they say 'let's train'. Because the she just woke up, so she would feel a bit shocked that there are others. I hope you understand what i mean O_o

Other that that, I LOVE IT! keep writing!
heart
@theonlyexeption - Yeah, I know it;s REALLY fast paced, that's my problem, I am just really eager to get into the REAL plot, and yeah, if you have any ways I can help develope them, like make a article about each of them I am your girl! COntinue the critique!
mischievous
Chapter 1 is new and improved in some parts! Chapter 2 is coming probably tomorrow or Saturday! (Probably)
big smile
yay!
big smile
How you improved it was GRRRRRRRRREAT! (im starting to sound like tony the tiger now O_o).
I can't wait till saturday! (if you post it by then=))
@theonlyexeption - Thanks! And don't worry, Tony the Tiger is a GREEEAAT role model! Follow you heart, you could be Tina the Tiger...AWWWEEEESSOME! And no need to wait, I am posting NOW!
@tracytracy2000 - Thanks, every reader counts, especially when they read every chapter! You people rule! Thank you all!!!

Here you go! I hope you think it's AWWWWEESSOME!!!

Chapter 2
“Do you hear that?” Jane asked suspiciously.
“Yeah,” Sam answered, slightly surprised, I could tell because his eyebrows were slightly arched.
I listened, “It sounds like a boy, maybe our age. Tall, because he has loud footsteps.” I smiled because my new powers were becoming stronger.
“How did you know?” Jane asked.
“Sound comes through the wind. Duh.” I said, like it was obvious. Actually, it was, to me.
“Stop.” I heard that rustling again, it was in the bushes.
I walked quietly to the bush that was moving a second ago. “Ahhhhhhhhhh!” I screamed as I attacked the bush.
“WHOA! Jeez!” said the boy as he darted out of his former hiding spot into the open. “Can’t a guy get some sleep around here?” He stretched, looking alarmed at us and grew the grass into a hammock and attached it to the trees and sat, then ushered for us to sit. We sat down on it, and Jane started blinking rapidly.
“But, but you…can’t be…any chance…?” she stuttered nervously.
Sam was a little more calm and collected but equally worried. “How are you? Earth? Oh… I see.”
“See what?” he asked, a little suspicious.
“See that you can do… Well, that.” Sam said as he motioned at the grass hammock.
“Can’t you? I can sense you guys can do something.” The boy said.
“You’re right,” I said, even though I knew I probably shouldn’t trust him. “We can.” And I didn’t something completely crazy; I rose into the air, with the winds. “You see me?” I laughed, I loved this new sensation, I had adrenalin coursing through my veins, and I felt GREAT!
“Come down!!!” shouted Jane, she smiled. “My turn!”
And the day went on; we had accepted the boy, who said his name was Josh. I felt so happy that day, but I had no clue what was to come.

“Jenna!” I heard someone familiar cry, out from my left, “Jenna? Where have you been?” It was my old friend from school, the only school I’d been to until my Aunt went missing. My first instinct: RUN. But I turned, and that was my big mistake. How did she remember me? It’d been two years. I thought everyone had forgotten, I mean I was the girl who was always depresses, had no friends and got bad grades. Oh, did I mention I had CAPD, Central Auditory Processing Disorder. That means I have trouble processing information, and apparently that is a BAD thing Jane has repeated over and over. She said that means I probably cannot follow rules, which will make it harder for me to learn, but I really didn’t care…yet. I was walking down the street, trying to hide my face in my warm jacket. I casually sped up a little bit, trying not to be notice, but it was to no avail.
“Jenna, where were you?” my old friend, June asked curiously. And then I knew this would end badly. So, naturally, I ran. I pushed and shoved people out of my way, when I reached Josh I started to relax, this was where I belonged. I had friends and a “family” here.
“Whoa! What happened?” Josh said, surprised.
“Someone…remembers…me.” I said with some pauses because I was out of breath.
“Ugh,” Jane said. “This is dangerous. We should leave…now.”
“I’ll pack.” Sam offered.
“Sure?” I shrugged it didn’t matter, I had a feeling that things would never be the same for a while, a long while.
“Jane?” I whispered. “Jane!?” I pushed her out of her bed that she had had Josh make.
“Listen.” I cocked my head to one side, my right. Far away I heard it: People whispering in the woods near us, hiding in bushes or behind trees.
“Not now!” Jane said miserably.
“Yes.” A man walked in and chuckled. He raised a knife, a steel, sharp, pointy knife that made my legs turn to Jell-O. And he threw it, it didn’t hit me but it grazed my arm just enough to make me fall down, I fainted. I heard distant yells and screams, cries and triumphant shouts from both sides, but I had no desire to go back to the painful world. I liked it in the Nothingness. Yes, that’s what I’d call in. I was in a room, or “world.” The wind was blowing softly and the grass was green, animals frolicked and played, it was care-free and relaxing. Then I saw mist shimmer and fade, in its place was her, without thinking I gasped.
“Mom?” I asked hesitantly. I saw another ‘person’, “Dad?” Then one last person came out, a toddler, about three, “Lily? Is that you? You are so pretty!” I ran up my sister who died when my parents were murdered, in tears. “I have missed you so much! I-I am so happy to see you!” I tried to hug them but they’d dissipate and then return somewhere near. “What?”
“We aren’t real. Just a memory.” My mother said softy.
“But?” I asked.
“Sleep.” My father echoed. “Sleep.”
And then mist swirled around me, and I slowly rose up and up until I suddenly woke up. “Oww!” I exclaimed. In reality my head really hurt.
I was in tears, my friends, Josh, Jane, Sam, were losing the fight. We were overpowered. And at that moment I didn’t hear anything. It was like slow motion, I ran to them and screamed a horrible screams; a battle cries. I channeled my powers, slamming wall of force into our enemies, they were blown away, literally. And then I passed out; totally heroic and stuff, I know.
“Jenna!” Jane cried, “She has to wake up!” She was obviously crying.
“She is waking up!” Josh said, clearly happy.
“Give her some space, people. She was asleep for almost 14 hours.” Sam said, coolly, he looked calm as ever.
“Your right,” Josh said sadly, “Are you okay?”
“Yeah, I think.” I tried to stand up, and I fell. “Okay, no I’m not.
“Yeah,” Josh said, “We have to go?”
“Uh,” Jane replied, “Yeah. Jenna, we know where to go, there is this place, people like us go, my mom told me, it isn’t really a place, but it’s somewhere.”
“What?” I asked, Jane was making no sense.
“Well,” Sam said, trying to explain. “While you were,” he made air quotes, “asleep. We checked out a guy that was knocked out and found something in his hand. A pamphlet, for people like us. He must’ve taken it from a kid!”
“So?” I asked groggily.
Josh took over. “There is a place for us, no more wondering around, we can be safe,” then he added a word on, “Well, safe-ish anyway.
“Okay,” I let it sink in. I hadn’t notice how different I’d become, two days ago I was Jenna Czary, orphan and pathetic loser. Now here I am, controller of wind and had friends who were like family. “Let’s go. Where to?”
“Isn’t it obvious?” Jane said with a smirk. “We are going to Scandinavia.”
"From New Jersey?" I asked disbelievingly.
She nodded and turned to go.
mischievous
I hoped you like it... If you didn't tell me what's wrong and I'd be GLAD to fix it... I know I am not an author, I need your help, just like PJhero02 and others help me!!!
So...
What'd you think?
over a year ago eyal10 said…
wink
i like it a lot and i have like a million ideas i thought i could tell you but i dont want to post here because maybe you already had them and i might ruin something so become my fan and ill become yours and well chat.

well anyways i like it but you should make the fighting scenes more detailed and dont post the picture of someone who comes on the next chapter cause people might think you forgot to wright something in the last chapter and its also really confusin i dont want to be mean but im just trying to help
@eyal10 - Yeah sorry about the picture, I forgot that I didn't introduce them! Sorry!!! And yeah, I will try to make the fight scenes more detailed next time!! And sure, I accept all ideas!!! Send me a PM or something and I will see if your plans fit in!!
over a year ago eyal10 said…
first become a fan
big smile
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post more!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago Idunn said…
smile
Yay, Scandinavia! I live there!
I LOVED IT! great job. really. So, i just have one thing that you should change. I would strongly suggest developing joshes' character more. Giving him a personality
big smile
well I like it but when Jenna sees her old friend is it a vision or was she really like there I got confused. I still love it
@theonlyexeption - Thanks, and in future chapters I will certainly develpoe him more, but (just to let you know) he isn't a MAIN MAIN character, just a MAIN character... And yeah, I know I am confusing.
@tracytracy2000 - Thanks, again, I can be confusing (I am!) and it's real, Jenna was really there. I am a fast paced writer, Nonfastpacica isn't helping me out anymore (Grr...) so I will have to try my best.

(Nonfastpacica (I made her up) - Goddess of slow, steady writing and slowing down music, people and TV shows.)

Chapter 3 will be up soon, I need to have it "checked over".
over a year ago greenstergirl said…
worried
IS THERE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????­??!­!!!­!

I AM GETTING SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
surprise
Yes there is more! There better be, I just don't think she got the time to finish writing
I think I may delete this and edit the WHOLE story and work on SoN and then finish the whole story to make it good... YOU DESERVE IT! If you absolutely appall this idea then I am sorry... Tell me... I may reconsider but I am almost 99.9 to .1% sure of this... This story needs more... I CAN GIVE YOU# WHAT YOU DESERVE...
yup i've read it.... there is gunna be one soon i think
ffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
CAn anyone see me writing?
SORRY..
CAN ANYONE SEE
YES I CAN SEE U! :D

ps. this book is cancelled until further notice
OOPS, now I see... ANd yes, I ma now spamming..
It didn't show me sorry...
I WILL DELETE THIS IN 3 DAYS SO PPL CAN SEE IT
over a year ago ben10girl said…
smile
you are really talented i know you'll be famous someday with this work
Thanks, but I highly doubt it. Though it means so much that you said that to me.
over a year ago PercyJfan100 said…
big smile
I Love your story. u r really good @ writing !!! Plz post soon !!!
Thanks but I may write a new novel. This story is HORRIBLE, I can write better now. If you want check my fanfiction.net account where I currently write. I am Eleos there. Soory but the story is a fail. I need to find a way to delete it.
over a year ago Kittycat19 said…
sad
No! Keep writing!