My Little Pony Friendship is Magic The Seventh Scroll RP

NocturnalMirage posted on Aug 20, 2013 at 10:59PM
Legend has it, in the ancient times, during the First Age of Equestria, the land was ruled by Princesses. The ponies proclaimed them Gods and believed they were immortal. Today, in the Third Age, we are much more enlightened and know more about our world, and the magical energies, therefore we do not believe in such nonsense. These superstitions were brought to life by fantasy, to fulfill the impossible desire of the individuum: the everlasting life. A pony may be gifted with a long life, but nopony can be eternal.

However ridiculous this concept may sound, according to my research, the Princesses did truly exist one time. I have spent thirteen years of my life proving my theory. I was ridiculed by many in the scientific circles, until I've discovered the tomb of a Princess named Luna in the hidden valley of Princesses, not far from the ruins of the ancient city known as Canterlot. Unfortunately the sanctuary was already violated by tomb-robbers countless centuries ago. The body of the Princess was gone and there weren't too much troves to rescue.

But, I've managed to retrieve twelve stone barrels in a hidden chamber, written by the legendary Twilight Sparkle herself. The carbon analysis confirmed they are 6300 years old. It took me four years to translate the scripts and I've found something very interesting on the seventh scroll. If I'm not mistaken, it is a description... A key to the whereabouts of the tomb of Princess Celestia.

If found, this could be the discovery of the millenia. A historical deed which would help us understand the age of our ancestors, not to mention the treasures buried with the Princess. Fame and fortune awaits on this journey, but there are many forces against our noble cause, one is the cunning Twilight Sparkle herself, who still intrigues me from beyond the grave.

My name is Silent Javelin, and I'm an archaeologist on a quest to find the final resting place of the legendary Princess Celestia.
Legend has it, in the ancient times, during the First Age of Equestria, the land was ruled by Princes
last edited on Aug 20, 2013 at 11:12PM

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 590 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 590

over a year ago NocturnalMirage said…
Javelin: *works on the translation of the stone scrolls on the camp near the ruins of Canterlot* Hmm... This is rather interesting... Hey,take a look! If I translated it correctly, this is another Twilight-riddle! We are close breaking her code!

Silent Javelin:
last edited over a year ago
Javelin: *works on the translation of the stone scrolls on the camp near the ruins of Canterlot* Hmm.
over a year ago Seanthehedgehog said…
I hope I can join, with Bartholomew Perfect the 55th.
I hope I can join, with Bartholomew Perfect the 55th.
(That goes without saying, bro, welcome! :)

A car arrives with Bartholomew

Javelin: Ah, Good morning! You've come to see how useful I'm spending your money?

(I thought Bart could be Javelin's sponsor, who finances his excavations)
Ok, sounds like a good idea.

Bartholomew: Yes, tis an interesting use your putting it to.
Javelin: I assure you, if my translations are correct and we find the tomb of Celestia, the treasure will exceed even our wildest dreams. In fact, I have translated another Twilight-riddle. It is really difficult to adapt this dead language to our modern dialect, especially because she used symbols that have never existed before. If you follow me I can show you the progress we've made since your last visit.
Bartholomew: Very well. *follows Javelin*
Javelin: *leads Bartholomew into a tent, filled with photographs and papers full of notes hanging from the sides* What you see here is my entire research, but the most interesting part is right here. *takes off the cover of a stone barrel* The Seventh Scroll.... *perks up the ear* Do you hear that? A car... four cylinder... four wheel drive... hole in the exhaust... Are we expecting somepony else?
Bartholomew: I hope not.

Mexicans. They have an army that is obsessed with nuclear weapons, and ancient artifacts. I hope you don't mind, but I think that could be our antagonists.
(Yeah that's cool, I was thinking of something like that too)

Javelin: Hmm... that's odd... nopony ever comes here...

The car stops and Mexican ponies with AK-47 assault rifles jump out quickly, and start shooting at us

Javelin: Holy s***! GET DOWN! *the bullets turn the tent into swiss cheese*
(Yeah that's cool, I was thinking of something like that too)

Javelin: Hmm... that's odd... nopony
Bartholomew: We need to put your research somewhere safe. *grabs pistol* I'll cover you *shoots mexican pony*
Javelin: Yes, you're right! *quickly gathers up the material and tries to sneak out at the back of the tent, but gets struck in the face by a rifle butt, and loses consciousness, allowing the Mexicans to steal the Seventh Scroll and all the photographs and translation. Then the car storms out*
Bartholomew: Javelin, wake up!
Javelin: *gets up and shakes head* Where, who, what... Where's my stuff?! No, this can't be! They took my entire documentation! *walks around the tent* The translations, the photos, everything! Wait a minute! I have a backup copy on the computer at my place in Coltorado! We must get there, before they do! If they knew I was here, they must know where I live!
over a year ago kivamarie said…
(can I join?)

Kimmy: (walks around)
As long as you don't talk about sex 24/7, sure

Bartholomew: I can try using a teleportation spell.
(okay)
(Sure you can, kiva, just keep Sean's advice in mind. :)

Javelin: All right. then, do it! We have no time to lose!
Kimmy: (still walking around)
We arrive at Coltorado.

Bartholomew: I think we're here.
Javelin: My flat's over there in that building. *they walk up there and find the door open* Oh no... this can't be good...
Kimmy: what's going on?
Bartholomew: What are you doing in Javelin's house?!
Javelin: *enters his apartment and it's all messed up* We are too late! They have stolen everything! My computer's been destroyed! All is lost... 17 years of research...
Kimmy: first of all I didn't stole everything second I was looking for my diary
Bartholomew: Sir, we can try to get it back.
Javelin: What would your diary be doing in my flat? Anyways... my car parks down in the garage. Let's go!
Javelin: What would your diary be doing in my flat?  Anyways... my car parks down in the garage. Let'
Kimmy: (gets in the car)
Javelin: *drives* I still cannot believe this... All my work... without the Seventh Scroll, have am I going to prove my theory valid? Oh, great... a traffic jam, just what I needed! *we get stuck behind a bus and the traffic doesn't move. A pony on a motor cycle comes up from behind, moving between the cars. When he reaches our car, he throws something inside through the window* What the... GRENADE!!!
Bartholomew: *throws it at pony on bike*
Javelin: *the grenade explodes* Man, these guys are well organized! This is the second time they tried to kill us!
Kimmy: what's the Seventh Scroll and who's trying to kill you?
Bartholomew: Out of all the artifacts in the world, and they go after ours.
Javelin: That can't be a coincidence. The contents of the Seventh Scroll must be important to whoever is after us. We cannot let these common thieves reach Celestia's tomb first!
Bartholomew: The traffic is moving. So should we.
Kimmy: yeah
Javelin: Okay then. *drives then looks at the dashboard* What's this? Oh my goodness, look! The negatives from the series of photographs I've taken! I must have left them here! It's not much but it's better than nothing!
Bartholomew: How many are there?
Javelin: Hmm... only 72. Not much. I have to get these processed at once!
Bartholomew: Processed? I'm not sure what that means
Javelin: At the Museum of Antiques, they will digitalize and store the negatives, so they will be safe.
last edited over a year ago
Bartholomew: And where is the museum?
Javelin: In Baltimare.
Kimmy: sweet
Bartholomew: That's far. I suppose you want me to use a teleportation spell.
Javelin: It wouldn't hurt. But not right here in the middle of the road. *parks car*
Kimmy: yep
Bartholomew: *teleports the three of us to Baltimare*
Javelin: Thanks for the "ride". I'll get this done ASAP. Would you rent us a room in the mean time? I need a quiet place where I can work on the translations...
Bartholomew: I'll try to find the nearest hotel.
Javelin: Excellent! Hit me on the cell with the address. I can have no rest until these negatives are in the safety of the Museum's vault.