MacTaylor Clan The MACs

CSIAly posted on May 30, 2009 at 12:19AM
Most Active ClanFan!

Q. What is the MAC Award?
A. More than just a clever play on words:
I love celebrations, so sue me. But this time I think I might actually have a legitimate reason for making this one other than the fact parties and a drunk CF. Now this fantastic gem of an idea came to me as a recognition to those who puts their passion to good use, making something for the rest of us. In this case it’s the forum. The MAC award reminds us of the dedication that our fans put into this spot and that they take time out of their days to make room in out own by posting, updating, and offering us all a place to go where there is always something to do or see or try and as a Clan we should make it a point to recognize their hard work.

Q. When and how will this be awarded?
A. Twice as much celebration:
This award is to be given bi-anually—every six months—once again through the process of nomination and voting, to recognize the spots most dedicated fan for the year based on the effort they put into developing our spot. This award will be receieved on the date of December 30th and the voting and nominations will be open on the date of December 23rd as to allow everyone the chance to decide who they want to win over the holidays. Again, if you would like to vote or nominate publicly feel free to create a pick or comment on this thread. If you choose to keep your decision private you may send a personal message to the presenter who will be the previous winner. In the first round CSIAly will play the role of hostess/presenter and then the winner of that round will be it for next June.

Q. Who is eligable to receive this award?
A. Qualifications:
If you are concerned about how one would decide if another fans deserves a MAC you must ask yourself these questions. Are they a regular member of the MacTaylor Clan spot? If so how do they contribute to the community? Does this person work hard to post, rate, or comment on a variety of the spot? Is the material they post original or interesting. Do you think they deserve a medal in this spot? If you have answered these questions honestly and believe that you know someone suitable for the award you are welcome to nominate/vote for them. Please remember there is a difference between the FotM award and this as well, if you have yet to see the outline for the FotM please follow this link link.

Q. How many times can someone win or be nominated.
A. You nominate. You vote. You decide:
The fabulous thing about awards on this spot are that any fan can be nominated or voted for any number of times, with the exception that after they have won a round they may not compete in the next round since they will hold the poisition as award presenter/host. So this means anyone is capable of winning or being nominated for at least once a year, that is of course if your fellow fans believe that you deserve the role as stated in the above question and answer.

Q. What kind of celebration will there be?
A. The Event:
Since this award is to be offered twice a year—every six months—there will be one given day (the day after the voting closes) that we will announce the winner on the forum and the fans will be able to bring the forum down partying in celebration! Fancy get ups, delicious cake and champagne, awesome congratulatory posts from your fellow fans, and props will be all the rage that day. The winner will be expected (but not forced to) preform an acceptance speech on via soapbox, video, whatever! And then the rest of us will let you take a break—lovely gift aint’ it?—from your zealous development of the spot to sit back and kick it while we post/comment/rate everything you post for us.

Q. Would it be shameful if I put this achievement on a resume?
A. Real Life:
Not only would I understand you, I would give you a standing ovation if you put this on a resume or job application in your “real life”. Although I don’t think many employers are regulars on Fanpop, much less the MacTaylor Clan spot. This sad fact upsets me but I do not oppose of you adding this on to your record. Especially if you’re embelishing (lying) about this admirable feat XD.
last edited on May 30, 2009 at 12:20AM

MacTaylor Clan 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Paramore-CSI said…
k chandlerfan
im nominating chandlerfan
over a year ago CSIAly said…
Hon, I'm super glad to your enthusiasm to vote but the actual voting/nominating process doesn't begin until December, sadly :D. However if you'd like to nominate sooner you could try nominating her (or any other fan you'd like) for the ClanFan of the Month Award, as cited here =D...

link
ok thanks