MacTaylor Clan ClanFan of the Month!

CSIAly posted on May 29, 2009 at 12:15AM
This forum is all about the most over the top, awesome, CSI:NY fan related extravaganza of the 21st century…or at least the month XD.

Q. What does being ClanFan of the Month mean?
A. Accepting the Title:
Being awarded the title of ClanFan means that you’ve been a totally exceptional fan that has changed the spot in a positive way. These ways are included in the list below…

Q. What qualifies me to become the ClanFan of the Month?
A. The 6 Attributes of a ClanFan:
·Good Nature (being a good sport in games)
·Hard Work / Dedication (i.e. posting/updating on the spot)
·Support / Encouragement (i.e. commenting on fans things)
·Entertainment (i.e. hilarious comments/conversations)
·Prop Happiness (fan distributing the most props)
·Overall Fanpop Involvement (i.e. getting a medal in another spot)

Q. How do I become the ClanFan of the Month?
A. Nominations:
To achieve the role of ClanFan of the Month, also known as FotM, your fellow fans will have the chance to nominate you from the 13th final day of the month up to the 6th final day of the month as the 5th final day of the month will be the day the award is presented. If you would like to nominate/vote freely—meaning that the rest of the spot will know who you plan to nominate/vote for—you may do so through the making of a Pick or comment on this thread. If you would like to nominate/vote in private you may contact the ClanFan presenter through a private message. The final survery will be posted on the fifth final day of the month. Reminder: This gives you 9 days to nominate/vote for the FotM.

Q. What is a ClanFan Presenter?
A. Award Presenter:
This honorable title is bestowed upon the ClanFan of the previous month as to allow other fans the opportunity to be awarded the title of FotM. If you have won FotM in June you would be the presenter in July. The responsibilities of this job include being regularly active on the MacTaylor Clan spot for the month that you are presenter since people will be contacting you with their nominations and/or votes. Other responsibilities of the presenter are that you cannot tell anyone who voted/nominated for whom for the sake of privacy and that you must be honest and fair when you finalize the results.

Q. Can you decline the role of Presenter?
A. Declining the offer:
If you have prior commitments to someone or something that makes it so you cannot be presenter for the month such as you are going on vacation for the days of nomination or someone in your family is ill or your computer has crashed down you may request other fans the position via a Pick or through a private message to someone to offer them the position. In the case that you choose not the be presenter for whatever reason you still cannot join the nominations for the month that you would have been presenter, the alternate presenter will also be taken out of the running for the FotM for that month.

Q. Why do I want to be the ClanFan of the Month?
A. The Reward:
Seriously, you’re really asking?? The better question is why wouldn’t you want to be? Of course this not all about winning, even though that’s a great part of it too, there is a prize involved in your triumph. Not only will the FotM receive kudos for their effort on the MacTaylor Clan spot, they will also be showered with heart warming props from their fellow fans and will receive an honorary Fanpoppy called a Clanpoppy awarded by the presenter of that round. This great honor will be celebrated over the final five days of the month giving everyone the time to congraulate and party with the winner and fellow fans.

Q. Why is the FotM award presented on the fifth final day of the month?
A. The final five days.
As we are all aware many of the months do not have the same number of days in it— ranging anywhere from 28 to 31—this makes it hassle to choose one day, like the last day of the month since it screws with the nominations and voting timeline. The fact that there are always five final days in a month also gives us lots of time to celebrate the FotM’s success for their achievement for more than just one day which would most likely be spent getting drunk on cyber-champagne anyway. This also gives the fans time to prepare and present a roast to the winner. If you do not know what a roast is follow this link—link.

Q. How will the roasts work?
A. Roasting the ClanFan:
Possibly the best part of the entire awarding, accept for the actual award cermony, obviously. The roasts will begin on the fourth final day of the month and continue to the final day of the month with everyone having the chance to write/preform/make a roast to the winner through any creative outlet they choose (i.e. article, image, soapbox, video, etc). These roasts will be good hearted and teasing, so come prepared to have it dished out in a comical, sardonic, and Fanpopic fashion. You may refer to quirks the FotM has, things they do for the spot, character traits, fond memories, and other such features.

Q. What about the award ceremony?
A. The Big Day:
What about it?? Just pulling your leg! This day is the festival o’ fun, with all our fans glitzed and glammed for the camera, an open bar for Chandlerfan, eager nominees, a hilarious award presenter and maybe even guest apperances from other fans! Come dressed up for fun and don’t forget to empty the camera’s memory to take lots of photos since the event lasts from the fifth final day right into the fourth final day’s morning. And don’t forget the winner will have to give an acceptance speech after they’ve received their Clanpoppy!

Q. How many times can I be nomiated and/or receive this award?
A. Award Achievement.
Actually there is no limitations on how many times you can be nominated or win this award, with the exception of being the presenter or turning down the role of presenter for the month, but than the rest of the monthes are your’s for the taking. But since this is all about our fellow fans we all must remember that we should try to nominate someone different who has been making an effort on the spot, which should be pretty easy to do anyway, right?

Q. When will we begin this event?
A. The first ClanFan of the Month award.
For our first ever FotM award we will begin in the month of June with CSIAly as our hostess/presenter. The opening day for nominations and votes will be June 17 2009 and will close the day of June 25 2009, so get busy posting, rating, commenting, and Clanpopping! And good luck to everyone!

Q. Can I nominate/vote for myself, coz’ personally I think I’m pretty darn terrific!
A. Fellow Fans.
Firstly: no you cannot nominate/vote for yourself. Secondly: the second part of that question was a statement. And thirdly: why so conceited when you could be nominated on your own merit? Have faith in your fellow Fanpoppers, we’re surpringly nice, that is until that is you bash our ships ;).
last edited on May 29, 2009 at 12:49AM

MacTaylor Clan 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Chandlerfan said…
big smile
Great idea Cloney! =D
And LOL I do love the last question/answer X'DD
*gets thinking*
over a year ago House34 said…
smile
Love it ! Good luck everyone !