Law and Order SVU Season 10 Reflection

livi_wells posted on Jun 10, 2009 at 08:51AM
Ok, so now season 10's done and done 'BingBangBoom' (God I hate that saying!!) let's just reflect a bit and compare it to other seasons.

Generally were episodes better or worse?
Favourite episode?
Least favourite?
Best quotes?
Favourite storylines?
Greylek: what's the verdict?

Law and Order SVU 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago livi_wells said…
rainy
Personally, I was disappointed with this season. Usually a season of SVU has 1 or 2 purely amazing episodes of sheer brilliance and 5-10 of excellent and the rest pretty much just above average filler. This season was 21/22 crap and 1/22 pure brilliance that was simply amazing. That 1/22 was Swing.

Why Swing? Well, Swing was one of the episodes that we could empathize with the characters even if, in reality we had never known what it would be like in their shoes. The brilliance of the writing, the storyline and the amazing performance by Ellen Burstyn (who most definitely deserves some kind of major award for that performance). The beach scene, where we learn so much about Elliot's past and his relationship with his mother was I believe the best scene of all season 10.

I must say, many of the episodes I was just kinda 'meh' about, I couldn't find a worst one because they were all disappointing but I think the most disappointing of all was Wildlife. I really don't care about the e/o scene because I would much rather see El and Liv walking down the street fully clothed with some witty banter than half naked in a scene where there was absolutely nothing romantic about it.

And did anyone else read the press releases before the episodes and then was completely let down after the episode had almost nothing to do with it?
For example Hot House:
"WHEN A CHILD PRODIGY WITH A DOUBLE LIFE IS FOUND MURDERED, DETECTIVE OLIVIA BENSON (MARISKA HARGITAY) POSES AS A MADAME TO UNCOVER THE TRUTH.
When the body of a fourteen year-old girl is found floating in the Hudson River, Detectives Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay) and Elliot Stabler (Chris Meloni) think she was smuggled into the country by sex traffickers. In an effort to identify the body, Detective Benson goes undercover as a Madame and busts sex trafficker Alik (Guest Star Misha Kuznetsov)..."

Now it might be just me, but I thought the episode might contain a little more of Liv as a madame than 2 minutes of 'undercover'.

or Wildlife
[i]"DETECTIVE ELLIOT STABLER (CHRIS MELONI) JEOPARDIZES HIS MARRIAGE WHEN HE GOES UNDERCOVER TO INFILTRATE AN ANIMAL SMUGGLING RING WITH DETECTIVE OLIVIA BENSON (MARISKA HARGITAY) GOING UNDERCOVER AS A PROSTITUTE..."[i/]

Well, I would hardly call her spur of the moment change 'undercover'.

And finally, I'm still 'meh' about Greylek she has barely been in enough episodes and from what I hear she ain't coming back in season 11. I think she only ended up appearing in like 10 episodes, and most of them were only for like a scene.

To be honest, this season was a let down for me. Let's hope season 11 is a pick up, but somehow I don't think so...
over a year ago svu_luver said…
This season was okay but I have to say its probably the worst season of SVU.

I honestly cant say that i dont have a favorite eppie from this season while I liked bits and peices of certain eppies there wasnt one single eppie which i just enjoyed the whole thing which is seriously dissipointing.

Lease favorite eppie well im not even gonna answer that or id be writing all day.

Well I mean i love SVU its my favorite show EVERR! but this season is so dissipointing i expected such more for a show that has a record of unbeleivable seasons. And not to mention all the focuse on liv and el i mean they are great actors and charactors but when did the show become Law and order: the el and liv unit!! I mean come on!!

The season finaly....well lets just say other sshow had breath-taking finalies and SVU's well....words cant descibe...

But we can only hope that season 11 is much better but at this point no one knows...
last edited over a year ago