Kingdom Hearts Ven *spoilers*

PkmnTrainerJ posted on Feb 21, 2008 at 09:10PM
Ven is a new character from Birth By Sleep whom bears an uncanny to Sora's Nobody, Roxas. I think they are the same person although Birth By Sleep occurs ten years prior to the first Kingdom Hearts game. Here are my reasons for thinking this. I'd like a good debate about this and will start a topic about XIV in Organization XIII too. Remember it's a debate, not an argument.

- In a video of the game, Ven asks Terra to erase him from this world.

This makes me think that Roxas has been taken out of his timeline with the Organization prior to being put in the fake Twilight Town by DiZ. He is given a new name in order to hide him from Master Xehanort in case he somehow learns that Roxas & Sora play a part in his Heartless' and Nobody's downfall. He has been taken to Birth By Sleep timeline because he is another Keyblade wielder, and needs to choose a third to wield his Keyblade, much like Terra and Aqua have to.

In this instance, I think Terra chose Riku to use the Kingdom Key, but as he accepted the darkness, Sora recieved it instead hence Terra's line in Final Mix of "I didn't choose you". Aqua chooses Kairi to use her keyblade. Ven chooses Roxas (i.e. himself) to use his keyblade, granting Roxas (and eventually Sora) the ability to use two keyblades (already being a Nobody of a person who can use a keyblade and being a chosen Keyblade bearer). Master Xehanort whom also has a Keyblade, chooses Sora to hold his keyblade after observing Terra's choice between the two boys he sees on Destiny Islands, but as Sora recieves Riku's keyblade instead, Riku's recieves Sora's intended keyblade.

- This screenshot
link

Matches the official biography face for Roxas, which can be seen here.

link

Your thoughts please. :-)

Kingdom Hearts 19 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
Woah, nice theory, but im a wee bit confused :S
over a year ago member13fan said…
This is very nice. I don't think I could connect dots like that. Good job!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago movygirl said…
Have you seen/played 358/2 Days?
over a year ago MegaNerd said…
Well, this may ruin your theory but this makes a bit more sence. Sora never was intended to weild the keyblade but does because of Ventus, who has also lived a few lives before (spoiled on 1up.com as "Ventus' birth sequence").But Terra did choose Riku as a keyblade warrior which is why Riku could use his dark keyblade. Xion and Sora (when Roxas is not with him) use fake keyblades, or in other words can't change the keyblade in any way. Thus explaining why Xion's keyblade was a 'sham' (as Riku called it) because it was a copy off of Roxas's, as well as Sora's keyblade.

If you have seen the scene "Keyblade Wars", Ven uses the Kingdom Key in the fight a.k.a. 'Sora's' keyblade. Meaning that he was intended to get it from the beginning and that your 'switch theory' is not possable. Riku heard about the keyblade when he was young from Terra. Ven asked to be erased because he lived far past his death date and wanted the cycle to end at the life he had then. Insted he got amnesia, made a boy a puppet and ended up re-doing the cycle again anyway(which is partialy Riku and Terra's fault).

The reson (by my best guess) why Roxas fainted when he arrived at C.O is because one of his past life memories where trying to come back but couldn't because of his amnesia. Ventus and Roxas are the same person but his fate has always been to save the worlds from darkness making him the master of light. His life reset every time he accomplished his goal, making him eternal and causing him to be young over and over again until he fused with Sora. Making Sora the new body for Ven and causing many problems and complications but still always accomplishes the job.
Almost forgot to point this out too, did you know that Roxas is just Sora with an x? As well as all other organization xiii members. Kairi never was an inteded Keyblade bearer but had a connection to one in Radiant Garden (Aqua) before she escaped with her life (unlike Siax, Axel, Vexen, Xigbar, Zexion, Xaldin and Lexeaus who became 'Nobodies').
over a year ago Roxas1314 said…
mischievous
So... does this mean Roxas is NOT a Nobody? if so i TOLD YA SO SORA FANS!!!!hehehe...im not trying to be mean or anything but if this ends up to be right im sooooo happy! This means Sora has actually always been a fricken nobody(which explains why he can be cruel to Demyx without a second thought and how he can kill things because they are 'Dark'...lol) Roxas' name is an anagram just like Org. XIII's members...this is so they have a purpose(and dont commit suicide from the insanity of no hearts)
meh
It doen't mean Sora is a Nobody, he has his own heart, but because of Ven fusing with Sora is how Sora became a puppet. Though he is not informed about the matter and it is partialy Xeanort's and Terra's fault for that happening
If Riku never opened the door to darkness then Ven would have never awoken, so it is partially Riku's fault for Sora getting the keyblade, waking up Ven and all that other crazy stuff that happened to Sora. Did you also notice that all of Sora's memories that came to Roxas was the year that Sora got the Keyblade?
Meganerd, here are my questions: ;)
1) Why do you think Sora's and Kairi's Keyblades are fakes? Also, you said that Sora's keyblade cannot change while Roxas is not with him, but through the entire series, his keyblade changes, according its time to the bonds he has formed with the new friends he encountered.

2)Let me get this straight: Your theory is that Ven's soul transfered to Sora's body and took the form of Roxas. I agree with you on this one. ;)
But you also think that it was the Roxas part that gave Sora the ability to wield a keyblade. I disagree on this one. :P
In Chain of Memories, Sora still wields a keyblade despite being apart from Roxas.
My theory is that Ven, while wanted to be erased, subconsciously chose Sora(not Roxas) as the new vessel of his heart. Terra lost his memory, forgot the promise he made to Ven, and Ven's heart passed on.

3)Sora was Xehanort's chosen puppet... My head is still spinning by this. My kudos for thinking it!

Roxas1314,
Sora is NOT a Nobody and Roxas IS his Nobody. BUT, i get what you're saying! When we first encountered Organization XIII and learned that their ultimate goal was to get a heart of their own in order for them to be "complete", I was sure(100% sure) that Sora would help them! But the game takes the black-and-white approach: "No matter how GOOD your intentions are, they do NOT justify your means". So instead of following a path to their redemption, they're portrayed as nothing more that cold-blooded murderers. Which is a pity actually... Imagine 2 groups of Org. Nobodies: a)one allied with Sora and b)one allied with Xemnas. Doesn't that sound awesome?
Answers to movygirl's questions

1-Have you ever played Re:Chain of Memories? If you have then you would have noticed Sora can't upgrade his Keyblade through the entire adventure (Which is also while Roxas was in Org. XIII/SEPARATED FROM SORA)

2-While Ven did use a different Keyblade IN TRAINING, the Keyblade he used in the 'Keyblade Wars' was the Kingdom Key (the Key that Sora STARTS WITH)Sora did keep a FAKE VERSION of Ven's Keyblade (EXACTLY LIKE XION) and did you notice that Roxas and not Sora could advance the Keyblade when separate from each other?

3-Sora DID have his own life until Ven woke up and lend him the ability to use HIS Keyblade. When that event occurred is when Sora's destiny was chosen to become the replacement Ven until Ven takes over or returns him to his body (Which will never happen).
over a year ago Roxas1314 said…
mischievous
ok Roxas ISNT a nobody hes Ven freed from Sora and the two groups WOULD be awesome! but...who would be the good guys and who would be the bad?so..im actually a Ven fan that goes by a different name.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­Y!
So...you didn't upgrade your deck throughout the entire game? Just because the game creators didn't let us have the visual, doesn't mean we weren't using all the upgraded versions of the kingdom key. How do you explain having the strength of the olympia, or the thrust of the oathkeeper, or even the combo finish of ultima?
It's a pity that the only visual confirmation we got was the amount of damage dealt to enemies.
On the other hand, i understand why the creators didn't let us see the rest of the keyblades in action. Can you imagine a three-hit combo with divine rose/olympia/one winged angel? No one can pull that off, and even if they did, the graphics would stuck all the time.

P.S.If my questions sounded too confrontational, i sincerely apologize to you, meganerd.
I'm saying you can't change the Keyblade whenever you want, sure cards have power but the Keyblade's basic potential is unusable
over a year ago LostKid said…
That is so true Mega, you can temporarily use the power of a keyblade, but only for one swipe
over a year ago EthernalPatroit said…
I think Mega and Movygirl have GREAT Thoeies about kh3!
I discovered something epic, Sora is Vanitus in the past (Like Cloud and Sepheroth) o.O
This is from BBS, not 3...
O.k, here is my theory for why Vanitas looks like Sora

When Sora was 4 or 5 years old, he accepted Ventus's heart to sleep in him until he was ready to come back. Sora forgot about it one year later. About 10 years after that, Ven was awoken, but not free, so he let Sora borrow his Keyblade. Sora stabbed himself and freed Ven in the wrong way, taking Sora's Nobody and making it his new one. So when Ven got close to his REAL body, he passed out because his spirit was slowly being torn from him. When Sora got Ven is what started the path to darkness, to Vanitas. Sora was the person destined to turn to the dark, not Riku, which is why Ventus's Keyblade was accessed by Riku until Sora showed more light in his heart than Riku. Vanitas is Ventus's dark side because Sora's darkness had taken over and Ven's heart was not put back where it belonged. So Sora kept the Keyblade while fusing with the dark. Vanitus realized that he must remove Ven's heart to repeat the cycle, so he told Xehanort all about Kingdom Hearts and became his 'apprentice' to spy on the others. The only thing to stop this is to, end Sora, remove Ven's heart from him or return to Castle Oblivion, if nothing is done, then the cycle repeats
over a year ago shadley said…
This is what I have found out. In the scene with the three warriors Terra, Aqua, and Ven fighting Xenhanort Xenhanort kills Ven but ven's heart is too strong and goes inside Sora. This is why sora can use the keyblade. When sora unlocks his heart in KH1 to give kairi her heart back he releases Ven's heart which forms as Roxas Sora's "nobody". Sora was never the hero of the story it was always Ven's fight. Xenhanort possesses Terra who then takes the name ansem.
over a year ago shadley said…
Sorry had some of that wrong, Xenhanort doesn't kill ven, Ven is in a coma from being defeated by Aqua when he was possessed by Vanitas. His heart was shattered and it went in Sora. Xenhanort possesses Terra and then there is an explosion Aqua throws herself and her armor into the realm of darkness to save Terra's body, but ends up trapped in the Realm. Terra is found at radiant garden by Ansem and made his apprentice Xenhanort, he has none of his memories.