Kingdom Hearts Why do most fans protray Sora as being super dumb?

A7spider posted on Feb 10, 2011 at 05:30AM
I see it done in fanfics, fan videos and fan art, my poor little Sora is always shown being really stupid. Where are fans getting that? I always viewed him as a sunshine innocent character. PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!

Kingdom Hearts 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago sugarcane15 said…
angry
he is so not dume, he's cute and just trying to get his friends back
over a year ago CapuMonkey said…
smile
Sora is not dumb, his just being funny
over a year ago KeeperSeeker said…
Those who say that are trying the fact their lame and boaring
over a year ago Roxas1314 said…
1.) HE IS STUPID SOMETIMES.
2.) He's not the best choice for hero, mindlessly bashing anything that is even remotely suspicious...even his friends and the good guys.
3.) He's ovverrated.
4.) People might be annoyed at the fact that they can't leave him out of ANYTHING in the story...if someone were to poop, he'd have to be mentioned at least 12 times.
5.) HE'S TOO DAMN HARD TO DRAW!(KH2 version anyway, btw, he sucks in that game...-_-)
6.) Usually they portray KH2 Sora as being retarded as hell...this is because he sucked balls in the second game, and people miss the good kid who actually cared about his friends and not destroying EVERYONE.
7.) Sephiroth doesn't approve of him.
8.) He's forgetful and redundant...
XD
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago colouredhazel said…
I don't think Sora is super dumb but he is a bit of an airhead, you know? he just doesn't really stop and think. it's "kill first ask questions later" with him
over a year ago NineTails said…
angry
Sora is not dumb! HE IS JUST TRYING TO FIND HIS FRIENDS AND HE WILL DO ANYTHING TO SAVE THEM!!!!
@ninetails Anything including killing people who themselves have just as important friends and goals. Yeah, kind of defeats the purpose of 'helping', doesn't it?
over a year ago MasterRed said…
He's really not. He's smart when it comes down to it but they are just trying to make him funny XD.
big smile
^Riku doesn't think so, lol. They're all naive, not really 'stupid'.
over a year ago MasterRed said…
Yea XD.
over a year ago VenQuRa said…
sad
he's not dumb at all! don't judge a book from its cover, that proverb really suits sora.

well, in some scenes he does act like a dumb kid, but i'm sure it's because he's trying to be funny. =.=
over a year ago Riku_Rocks_XD said…
I think Sora just doesn't think about some things before he does them. He can be a little bit out of it but i wouldn't call him dumb though. He's just typical Sora and its impossible not to love him i mean unless you like roxas or ventus better but they are all sora in a way so everyone loves some kind of Sora!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Riarku said…
I dunno if Sora is supposed to be dumb, however:

His keyblade is said of being capable of undoing any lock, as seen by him unlocking the Underdrome, a lock placed by Zeus. Hades and Pete also refer to this.

at several points in the games, even when he knows that his keyblade can do this, something along the following will come up:

"It seems to be locked"

Even if we take for granted that he doesn't know this, or keeps forgetting:

It's a GIANT KEYHOLE

your weapon is a GIANT KEY

it doesn't take much to figure this one out, Sora!
over a year ago X-Blade_Wielder said…
They put him dumb becuz he looks cuter like that but I aint sayin he's smart or anything on the game, like Riarku said how could he keep forgetting that he has the keyblade and there is like a giant keyhole like right there though. But all in all he's funny like that