Islam Hi, I want to learn!

jennabug121 posted on Jan 16, 2011 at 03:52AM
I'm Christian Catholic but I wanted to know a bit about your beliefs and culter. But there is one thing that I must ask, do you believe in the same God as Christians? Because Allah (So sorry if I spelled that wrong!) is translated into God righ?

Islam 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago sahour95 said…
smile
Well, yeah basically we do believe th same "GOD", or at least that's what I know! I mean I'm not sure I fully understand Christianity. Generally the basic things are pretty much the same. What would you like to know?
over a year ago cty said…
hmmm
can i ask u 1 thing, what is ur god name just curious
angeeeeeeel commented…
allah has 99 names you can see it at here link over a year ago
over a year ago ThePrincesTale said…
^You mean in Christianity? Well, we just call him God. But he is the same as Jesus and the Holy Spirit, because they are three in one...it is confusing, I know.

over a year ago chanda2222 said…
ALLAH IS THE ETERNAL THE ALMIGHTY YES WE CALL HIM GOD ALSO, HOPE ANSWERED THE QUESTION
over a year ago minime23 said…
Islam and Cathlic Christianity are very alike, we both beleive in "ALLAH" and if you read the Bible and the Qur'an, they are very alike, including the stories and everything.
over a year ago jennabug121 said…
Thankyou guys :) Allah/God be with you :)
over a year ago Phoenix_Stone said…
big smile
One of the only differences is that we believe Jesus was God's messenger, rather than his son, and that the Holy Spirit (translated into arabic as "Ruh-al-Quddus") was just another name for the Archangel Gabriel. So we have no concept of Trinity. I hope this helped you understand Islam a bit better. ^-^
over a year ago SaraFenix said…
big smile
Yes we have the same god, Jesus is one of our many prophets and the Bible is one of the books we have to respect and acknowledge. I hope this was helpful ^-^
over a year ago xXxAngelessxXx said…
sunny
Hehe! Yes!!! Christians and Muslims believe in the same God!!! Also, Christianity and Islam are very close!!... Plus, you people were given the Bible, or Tawrah as we say it. ... Forget what I was going to say XD. I was gong off topic! XD So , just like @Sara said, "Jesus" was actually one of the Prophets! But Christians believe him to be "son of God", which in our teachings is wring, because God is only One ...
Uh.. Gggaaaaahh!! Sorry for going off-topic AGAIN!!!... And I'm SOOOOOO sorry if I offended you in any possible way!!
Hehe! Yes!!! Christians and Muslims believe in the same God!!! Also, Christianity and Islam are very
over a year ago angeeeeeeel said…
heart
we say allah instead of the word( god) just because jesus and allah not be alike i mean the christian say god according to their religion and the muslims say allah according to our religion because in islam allah(god) not jesus ..For this we say Allah instead of God so as not to be mixing for new Muslims because Allah and Christ do not look alike in moral character(creation) and greatness, nor by power nor pride Christ worship Allah because Allah who created Christ and made ​​him a prophet .. Allah is one does not have a similar in strength and greatness and pride

p.s
1. the christian worship jesus as the son of god(allah) and that is wrong cuz the jesus is only a prophet of god(allah)same as prophet mohammed & jacob & joseph ...ext and god(allah) has no sons or daughters he is the one and the only
2. islamic ppl are not praying for anyone but god(allah) and we love all his prophets and his angels and his books and we believe in them and the most important thing is to believe that there are no god but allah
3. Roman godsOr Greek gods Athena and the Ishtar Apollo and any god made ​​of clay or be in the form of fetish Islam does not believe in those gods, but believe in Allah and alone with no partner there is no god but allah the one who create the whole universe and all creature of earth including us

i hope u understand me ^_^
we say allah instead of the word( god)  just because jesus and allah not be alike i mean the christia
over a year ago princess989898 said…
big smile
Can I give answer too ^_^ Allah is One and Only God In This World :D He the creature of nature,the world and if you read al-quran or survey you will know it :)