How I Met Your Mother S4 E3 I heart NJ Episode discussion *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

germany123 posted on Oct 07, 2008 at 12:58PM
okay..me again :D

and again: meh! the episode was okay storywise..only i didnt find it funny :S

things i liked:
*lily saying : you will have had your reasons to kill me in a kind of..."oy vey" style

*ted and lucy= awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

things i didnt like:
*the gang would have been more supportive of ted in NJ methinks..the whole "we can not bear to spend 1 (!) evening here" was a bit too much

* barney and his fist bump thing...pointless!? not funny!

*marshalls weird speech aboot being too small for the city..and then going : just kidding..erm not funny either!?

*robin being sooooo insecure. i would see how she has that side to her..but robin is funniest imo when she is all bad ass...and barney reassuring her all the time!? isnt he actually trying to hide his feelings?

and stella is gonna be..deputy mayor!?wtf!?
last edited on Oct 07, 2008 at 01:11PM

How I Met Your Mother 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago chel1395 said…
Compared to the first two episodes, I found this one quite enjoyable. I loved the interaction between Ted and Lucy. However, I still don't see his relationship with Stella lasting long and it's going to be the hardest on Lucy. :(

My favorite part was the Marshall freak-out. I just knew it was going to happen after seeing him in the Costco (or whatever it was). Marshall is a small-town boy at heart. Him in the store deciding between puppy t-shirts...too funny!

On the downside, I'm totally liking Robin less and less. Putting the phone down to do a victory dance (a BAD victory dance too) so she didn't hear it was only an audition was odd, plus her complete 180 on deciding to get her old job back was so spineless.
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
Well... I have nothing nice to say aboot this epi, except for Barney's lesiban landing ootfit and Robin's bike stunt. That was hilarious : D

Again too much. Too much of I hate New Jersey and again too much of Barney. In this terms I mean his knuckle bumper thingy. It was funny for two minutes... But the whole time?! Please! And what happened to Stella not beating him up? I was so looking forward to this : (

As for Ted/Stella it was great to see some progress in this relationship (but I hope they'll break up soon).

That's everything I have to say for the moment. I might be coming back later after I've watched it a second time.
over a year ago chehamstera said…
barney's look at the end was almost heartbreaking... aside from that though, the first three episodes have been fairly mediocre, I'm hoping that means they have some awesome stuff saved up as the season progresses, otherwise it'll be quite disappointing really.
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
I'm back. Having watched the episode twice now I can say for sure it's definitely not as bad as the one from last week.

However some more disturbing things:
• Robin - I agree with chel1395 and germany.
It's so not Robin begging to get her old job back... and then quitting again. Why is she so indecisive?
• The dance - I thought for her it was a bit childish to dance around. That'd be more Lily. Anyway, she wasn't as excited about it before Barney told her to apply...
over a year ago jighooligan101 said…
Im so disapointed with how sarah chalke has been used this season because i love her as an actress but her and josh radnor just have no chemistry. Not liking Barney or Robin this season there characters are completely different then usual get Barney back to his old ways not making lame jokes and get Robin back to the gun loving bad-ass we know and love
over a year ago ari12 said…
I really liked the relationship Ted has with Lucy, it was so cute seeing ted telling a story to her. But as chel said, Ted/Stella won't last very long and Lucy is not going to be very happy about that.

I don't like that Robin is being very undecisive about her career and I'm not really sure what is going to happen with that job offer in Japan.

I thought the only funny thing was Barney at the beginning dressed up as a woman so that he can pick up a lesbian.
over a year ago ari12 said…
I forgot to say that there's a promo pic where Stella punches Barney and it looked like it was a good joke. And there was nothing like that in the entire episode! WTH?
over a year ago TerriShue said…
I was really confused about that picture too. But you can see in the back that they've got equipment out to set up the scene, so i think that was just sarah and neil goofing off. idk why they made it into a promo pic though :\
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
Nah, it wasnt them goofing around on the set. It was a promo pic for when Sarah CHalke and NPH hosted the Creative Arts Emmys and for some reason, they released it as a HIMYM promo pic. I think maybe because they knew it would stir up some questions about Barney & Stella fighting but still, nothing to do with HIMYM at all.