House M.D. ~Emancipation Discussion~ SPOILERS

oldmovie posted on Nov 19, 2008 at 05:50PM
So we get a slighty Kutner based storyline with a touch of 13 and a MASSIVE FOREMAN story. Interesting episode I thought, many were dissapointed and bored by it, but I found it nice to be focusing to other characters rather than the "mains". Wow, the title and patient could have never been more fitting to every character's problems in this episode.

The patient, I forget her name, was emacinpated and now lives on her own, supporting herself, facing all of her problems by herself. This applies in someway to all of the characters involved in this episode (well had a major part): House, Foreman, 13 and Kutner.

Wilson was forcing House to for once try to figure his feelings out on his own. He wasn't going to intrude on House's thinking, and rather than give his opinion about the whole Cuddy matter, he was going to let House wrap his own head around it and figure out what he wanted to do by himself. Like the patient, House has to discover this path by himself.

Foreman wants to become more independent from House and prove he's more than House's lackey who couldn't get away. He desperatly wants to be "emancipated" from House so that he can have a different label and perhaps be more respected as a doctor.

Kutner wanted to connect with a patient who he thought had similar problems to him, but the patient lied about everything. Therefore leaving Kutner on his own, having to deal with his issues alone.

13's problem this week was that she wouldn't get involved personally with her patients. She wouldn't share information about herself and wished to remain "emancipated" or independent from her patients. TAUB OWNS MY SOUL!!!

So episode discussion time, what did you think? Did you like it? What scenes did you like, its a discussion people!
save

House M.D. 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Fabouluz said…
I like this episode, surprisingly since I am an obsessive Huddy fanatic. I loved what House did with Foreman and this episode made me like Foreman more. The Wilson thing completley knocked me back, I didn't realise how involved Wilson has been these past couple of episodes because I MISSED HIM!! But the end bit just made my heart break even more. The way he stared at her, and Wilson said at the end- "You're going to be okay House." I nearly died, but I'll have to wait until next epsiode to die, because that promo blew my mind. KJ ROX!!

xoxo
over a year ago babybell said…
i died at the look house gave cuddy at the end.
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
I loved this episode. I loved that we got some more Kutner goodness. I also always love Taub/Thirteen scenes and this episode provided some great moments.

Also, Wilson's role in the episode was just perfect. So damn funny. Plus, I agree with babybell: that look at the end was perfect. I am loving this Huddy arc!

And the Foreman storyline was brilliant. I agree about the "emanicaption from House" thing. I think this episode really shows that Foreman and House, while similar, are very different as well. Firstly, Foreman was very willing to admit that he needed help, and secondly, his interaction with the patient and his family was way better than House's.
But the episode also showed that Foreman is a lot like House (ie the part with Chase and Cameron where he had an idea and just walked off without saying anything! Hilarious!).

And if I may be a fangirl from one moment, the desperation to do the clinical trials that Foreman demonstrated is a testiment to how badly he wants to help Thirteen, and that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!
over a year ago midnyte007 said…
My favorite two lines from this episode was the last scene with Wilson and House in the elevator.

House: He talks.
Wilson: He deflects.

Maybe it's probably because these two lines sums up the character interactions in this episode so beautifully. Foreman and House (Foreman trying to talk to House and House deflecting), the entire team and the POTW( with the team trying to reach out to the POTW, but she was always trying to hide the truth from them hence deflecting), and Wilson and House (ironically it was a role reversal. For most of the episode House was trying to talk to Wilson and Wilson was deflecting).
last edited over a year ago