Harry Potter Cursed Child Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

ThePrincesTale posted on Aug 01, 2016 at 05:38AM
For those that have read the book or seen the play. Thoughts? Problems? Points of interest? Reviews?
For those that have read the book or seen the play. Thoughts? Problems? Points of interest? Reviews?
last edited on Aug 01, 2016 at 05:44AM

Harry Potter 16 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ThePrincesTale said…
I realise most people wouldn't have finished the book yet, as it came out yesterday. There's a shed-load to discuss though, would be nice to get this going when people do finish!
over a year ago Persephone713 said…
wink
I am only on page 47 but I peeked ahead as I did with HBP, cause I had a hunch that Snape was the Half-blood Prince, and again this time I was right..the cursed child is what alot of us have been waiting for and thought was missing from the epilogue- Delphini Lestrange-Riddle, the Daughter of Bellatrix and Voldemort. So many other things I like, but I am eager to see how she is revealed. But once again I knew it.
Haha it was a good reveal. Didn't see it coming at all tbh. Thought she was just a bit of a Tonks-like side character.

Peeps finished the book yet? I'm dying here, there's new Potter to discuss xD
A lot of people on the internet have questioned with disbelief why Voldemort would ever want a child, however, I think there's a few possible reasons.

In that crazy fascistic parrallel-universe we saw where Voldemort wins... it makes sense that "the Augurey" should be in a position of authority (from what I gleaned, she was sort of like the Minister for Magic or other political leader). Voldemort doesn't like to share power. It wouldn't be just anyone that he puts in such a high position. But because he must do so to keep the regime running, who better than his progeny, who is basically half him?

It might also be a back-up plan as well as Horcruxes. As we saw, she did everything in her power to bring him back. Just another thing to ensure his immortality and victory.
zanhar1 commented…
I like the idea of Voldy keeping Dolphin as a horcrux. over a year ago
Persephone713 commented…
Agree like a big nuclear backup button except its his blood with his most trusted and purest blood royalty follower who he thought was as evil as him. Bellatrix 💘 him and her death was the only one he cried out in anger suffering over a year ago
over a year ago zanhar1 said…
Just gonna drop my Dolphin statement again; I just have two questions; who looks at their kid and says 'yup that's dolphin I'm naming her dolphin *makes dolphin noises*' ?Apparently Bellatrix.

Also gonna add that after Delphi's first scene I just started reading her name as dolphin and it made the entire story much funnier. Dolphin is my favorite character in Cursed Child.
over a year ago zanhar1 said…
And how the hell did no one realize Bella was pregnant!? Like my friend so kindly pointed out; Bella was literally on top of Hermione for the torture and Hermione didn't notice a baby bump? How did Cissy not notice, I mean Bella gave birth on her house??? Draco??? Lucius??? You guys are about as observant as my left sock! I mean I can't imagine Bella was quiet giving birth. And what about the mood changes? Like even if she hid the bump there are the mood changes!
Idk you do you Bella.
Y'all ignore what you ignore Malfoys.
last edited over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
Oh and how did Bella not hurt Dolphin in the process of going bat shit at the manor? Idk again you do you Bellatrix. over a year ago
Persephone713 commented…
She took witch lamas class for her 👶 over a year ago
^^Hahahaha "Dolphin". Was gonna respond to that on the wall but didn't wanna give the game away. Had a good chuckle though. More seriously, I actually quite like the name, though you may disagree xD Apparently it has some significance behind its etymology, in true Potter style :')
- The Oracle of Delphi was called Pythia, the name of a Greek snake goddess.
- Sacred serpents played an important role in the "cult of Apollo" at Delphi, with the Oracle apparently receiving prophetic insights by allowing herself to be bitten by poisonous snakes. The venom created a heightened psychological state from which she gave her prophecies.
- Gamma Delphini ("Delphini" being Delphi's long name and IMO is pretty cool) is a star in the constellation Delphinus, following Black family tradition of naming their children after stars and constellation (Bellatrix herself was named for Gamma Orionis)

More on this link if anyone's interested.
zanhar1 commented…
Nah she Dolphin lol. Voldemort probably thought of the prophetic insights but I am firmly convinced that with Bellatrix and her brain that it was simply *brain makes screeching dolphin noises*, whilst carrying out the Black family tradition and disappointing her mother. And probably Delphi who didn't go to Hogwarts because everyone nicknamed her dolphin in the 1st grade. And that's why she's evil because she was picked on. In all seriousness I really do like her name, Bella and Voldy picked a good one for her. over a year ago
Persephone713 commented…
🐬 dolphin your weird- -its the oracle of Delphi relayed to Apollo over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
*Babgs fists on table* *Makes dolphin noises* 🐬 Dolphin! over a year ago
Yeah can't imagine someone already as unhinged as Bellatrix would deal well with pregnancy hormones loool. Although as for actual physical evidence of the baby bump, there's probably magical methods of concealment. Also, theories postulate that the birth occurred before Malfoy Manor. Bellatrix was suspiciously "out-of-action" between the Dark Lord Ascending scene and the Malfoy Manor debacle... link is useful.
zanhar1 commented…
That would make sense. What makes it really interesting is that Bonham Carter was actually pregnant during HBP. over a year ago
ThePrincesTale commented…
Omg yeah xD over a year ago
Tumblr is a treasure-trove
Tumblr is a treasure-trove
nmdis commented…
Scorpious's gay? over a year ago
Spellbound_Rose commented…
it wasn't confirmed a lot of people out there ship albus and scorpius tho. also i love your profile pic i cant stop watching that movie over a year ago
over a year ago thuthanhvd91 said…
I really like
I'm not entirely sure about Scorpius, but Albus defs has something going on in the sexuality department xD

#Scorbus4eva
nmdis commented…
I know what you mean :P over a year ago
over a year ago nmdis said…
I read cursed child and I have mixed feelings about it, I expected some things better but never mind.
My favorite character was Scorpius, he is really amazing.
littlelytle0607 commented…
Are they possibly planning on making more movies...? over a year ago
nmdis commented…
I am not sure but I read somewhere the WB had copyrighted it or something. Which shows some sign that maybe in future we may see the movie. over a year ago
Scorpius is a beautiful little beam of sunshine and he is now without a doubt one of my favourite characters :') over a year ago
over a year ago owleyes1316 said…
It was entertaining, I guess. The only thing I dislike is that they made Ron out to be some idiot who tells stupid jokes. He seemed to be a lot like Fred and George, except for the fact that Fred and George's jokes were actually funny.
nmdis commented…
Yes and Rose kinda hard to deal with . Which is weird as I always imagined Ron and Hermione's child would be more mature. over a year ago
Haha aww come on, I can totes see Ron making insufferable dad jokes xD over a year ago
About Rose- she seems to have inherited the ambition and bossiness of her mother, but seemingly none of her insecurity – and perhaps some of Ron’s bluntness. She’s not that likeable, as she values popularity over genuine kindness, but it’s a pretty great portrait of a young woman who hasn’t ironed out some of the creases in her personality yet. over a year ago
over a year ago littlelytle0607 said…
Ron's got a soft heart....just what Hermione needs to balance her personality.
Agreed. Romione forever <3 over a year ago
I really love that we got to see the crazy fascistic parallel-universe of Voldemort winning. It was just a glimpse but a very informative one. The Battle of Hogwarts is derided as a "coup", the good side are "those Dumbledore terrorists". Fascistic-style flags hang in the Ministry, people end their conversations with a creepy "For Voldemort and Valour" flourish. Muggleborns are in death camps. On the whole, they illustrate the full horror of it quite neatly in the short amount of time they have.
One word about the "Voldemort and Valour” thing- people have complained that it’s a “plot hole” because they wouldn’t say it’s name. I disagree and think it was an excellent addition to the plot (freaked the hell out if me though *shivers*). What you have to appreciate is that there’s no need to create fear by not saying the name in this reality- sympathisers outnumber the resistance by quite a number. So the name now demands respect. over a year ago
I also think that AU is one of the reasons Voldemort may have wanted a child. It was interesting to see Delphi's, or "the Augurey's" (lol overt fascism is overt) role in that world. From what I gleaned, she was basically the Minister for Magic/high-level political authority while Voldemort was the "spiritual leader" or Head of State. Umbridge as Headmaster sends her "dispatches", as she did with Fudge. Probably because the regime controls Hogwarts tightly, like the 5th and 7th books but worse- no dissent allowed, just indoctrination into the new prevailing ideology. Polly Chapman quotes what sounds like a political speech from her ("Like the Augurey says, the future is ours to make"). Sounds like a political leader to me. Undoubtedly just a proxy for Voldemort's rule... he doesn't want day-to-day political power that being Minister would give him, and the burden of accompanying boring stuff like financial decisions and regulation-making. Nope, he wants power in the sense that he wants the world done "his way" (which he's certainly achieving) and to be revered (because he's a total narcissist). He's also working on subjugating the rest of the world. Having Delphi as Minister for Magic would seem like a very good option for him.