Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Twilight Is Better Than Harry Potter

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:32PM

i'll go first

1. The main character is much much easier to relate to.

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 2632 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1401-1450 of 2632

over a year ago ThePrincesTale said…
Yeah, it's alright to like the writing style of Twilight better, everyone's different. I was just seeing if you agreed with me that in some aspects the writing style of Harry Potter is better.
Besides, at least you aren't biast. I have to admit, I am, a little...hehe
over a year ago haleylynnr1 said…
big smile
This is the best post ever! Entertains me sooooooooooooooo much!
over a year ago youknowit101 said…
Are you here to participate?
over a year ago lovemarauders said…
I seriously made a fanpop just to post on this...It has me scratching my head on why someone wrote the word smartiest. That person has go to be three to think that is a word. If that person knows that isn't a word then they are just embarassing themselves. Harry Potter is much better than Twilight. It is much more real (excluding the magic part)and it actually has a plot.And how are vampires better than wizards? I think that somebody who can make something cool happen by a flick of the wrist is much better than someone who wants to suck your blood. Then again, that is just my opinion. The argument that Twilight is better than Harry Potter is non-existent in my mind. Harry Potter is better hands down. And the pure fact that Twilight is a love story is not a reason why Twilight is better! When somebody writes this I just want to scream! Some people don't want a love story.
The argument that Harry Potter is better than Twilight doesn't exist in my head. let's be friends
But can you give me a reason to why you think Twilight is better? I used to be a Twilight fan, but then I realized how bad it really is and got into Harry Potter. I can't think why I used to like it.
go back a page or two. there are 88 reasons right there
And the way I see it in Twilight, Bella fails miserably in everything she does. She tries to sacrifice herself for people she loves, yet she fails. She can't even do that right. At least characters in Harry Potter (like Lily and Harry) know how to be selfless.
Okay, The teaches never hit the students in Harry Potter. I am very sure of it. I've read the series 3 times. Bella is a horrible friend. When Edward comes back in New Moon, she drops Jacob like a tissue. They don't expose the animals to any type of harm.They never experiment on them! So Hedwig is killed. I was dissapointed, but Voldemort is evil! What do you expect? So Meyer took a monster, made a few changes and wa la. OMG SHES SOOO CREATIVE! No. JKR invented a whole new world. She came up with a new sport. She is brilliant! And I say again, "twilight is a love story" is not a reason to why it is better! There was much better and healthier love in HP. There was a huge letdown with the "battle" that took place in Breaking Dawn. At least in the deathly Hallow, JKR didn't lead her readers on! I understand that people don't like fighting, and thats just fine with me, but you shouldn't imply there is going to be a battle when there really won't be. Half of those 88 reasons aren't even reasons.
over a year ago cassie-1-2-3 said…
It wasn't implied there was going to be a battle. It was clear that they did not want a battle and they were doing what they could to make sure it did not happen. They lost hope when Alice left, but they never wanted to fight.
Also, i would suggest you look over at the opposing forum and notice how half those reasons don't count as well.

Testing is the same as experimenting.
They tested out their spells on the aniimals. That's the only reason they have them.
And what girl would want to be friends with Bella? I would rather watch paint dry than carry on a conversation with Bella. The villains are more realistic? Please! At least Voldemort and his Death eaters accomplished something! And Twilight has no plot. What is it, "Ohhh Edward save me from James!!" Thats pretty much it. And don't get me started with the lack of logic in twilight. If Edward is dead (technically), then how the hell did he manage to get Bella pregnant? Then they name the poor kid the most disgusting name I have ever heard. don't even say its original because putting two names together is far from creative or original. the names from the Outsiders are original, like Ponyboy. It may be an odd name, but its original all right!
They did imply there would be a battle. They were training and everything. I thought there would be a battle. And they never ever tested the spells on the animals. Besides, your vampires drank their blood! I'm guessing you didn't read the entire Harry potter series. And Ron only tried to turn his rat yellow for practice!There was no harm inflicted on him. If you've read past the first book, then maybe you would see what that rat turns out to be. And I did look at the other forum, lots of those reason are better than these. Theres also way more than 88 even when you take away half.
They might have been doing what they could to prevent the battle, but that didn't mean they didn't think it wouldn't happen. What they could do was very little.
I read the books, don't worry.

Not everyone is so hateful. I don't mind conversation with anyone.

Practice/testing/experimenting, it's all the same.
They drank the animal blood for energy. They had to do it, they had no other choice. It was either animals or people. They chose the lesser of thw two evils. (the vampires aren't mine)

The plot has alreeady been explained, as well as how Edward got Bella pregnant. You'll find them if you look around. (look up "how Edward got Bella pregnant")

You don't like the name Renesmee, so what. That says something about you, not the story.

Their training was a precaution. That doesn't mean they want to or have to fight. Militaries are active at all times. That doesn't mean every country wants war all the time.

The only reason the other forum has so many more reasons (which more than half are invalad) is because Harry Potter has more supporters on this particular website.
I'm kinda over this argument, and it's obvious you're not giving in anytime soon, but it's fun so what the heck.
Nah, even if you had more supporters Harry Potter would still have more reasons. Quality not quantity. And yes, I accept that some reasons aren't really reasons at all, but the majority are. There are simply more reasons why Harry Potter is better, it's written better, the characters are much more complex, the plot is brilliant, there is humour, joy, sadness, anger, a lot of love, great morals, better rolemodels, a better conveyance of feeling & emotion, all the little intricities and sub-plots, and so many more reasons besides. It's just a better book. Also, look at the statistics. They've sold a lot more HP books, and I know this isn't really an indication of a good book (take Twilight for example, it's crap but it's a bestseller) but it's at least a pointer. Harry Potter is also timeless, if you know what I mean, it will be a classic and people will be reading it 50 years from now. But with Twilight...I don't know, it will fade out, vampires will age, you know, they are the 'in' thing but people will get sick of them....HP has magic but it's not the central theme, without vampires twilight is nothing while take away magic in HP and it's completely realistic.
ThePrincessTale, I agree with you completlety! And for the last time THEY. DID. NOT. EXPERIMENT. ON. THE. ANIMALS. Can someone please back me up here? And even if the plot was explained, it is a horrible one that would only interest teenage girls. Harry Potter applys to all age groups. My brother read the first one in third grade. He grew up with Harry and Ron and Hermione. So don't even try to prove HP is confusing, because it isn't. The onlt problem with Harry Potter is that there are so many names to remember. Maybe some reasons on the other forum don't count, such as "Severus Snape" and "Albus Dumledore". But Harry Potter will always have more. At least nobody in Harry Potter got pregnant at 18.
And those vampires aren't even vampires! They're little fairies! What kind of vampire sparkles and doesn't drink human blood? A vampire lost its meaning because of Meyer. She completley ruined the concept of vampires. I really don't see how its easy to relate to Twilight. Bella is pretty much a Mary-Sue (She has a couple of flaws, such as being WAY to selfless. Its almost as if she does it to draw attention to her.)and nobody is perfect. Is nothing her fault? Oh, and when Harry was 12, he was battling a dark wizard. When Bella was 12, she was falling over a railing. (Its true. First book, remember?)
"There are simply more reasons why Harry Potter is better, it's written better, the characters are much more complex, the plot is brilliant, there is humour, joy, sadness, anger, a lot of love, great morals, better rolemodels, a better conveyance of feeling & emotion, all the little intricities and sub-plots, and so many more reasons besides."
I just have to say, these aren't facts. They are the preferences of people who prefer Harry Potter.
Neither series is EVER going to be proved better.

Harry Potter has sold more books because Harry Potter books have been around longer.
More CD players have been sold than MP3 players, not becuase they're better or more people preer them, but becuase MP3 players are a lot newer.

That's a pretty bold prediction, to claim that nobody will read Twilight in 50 years. It would be odd for people to just stop. Especially since the books will still exist.

Withoug vampires, Twilight would be a series about people.
Without magic, Harry Potter would be a series about people.

I was not confused by Harry Potter... At all. I don't know where that came from.
Having an issue about pregnancy at 18 is a moral issue. not everyone feels the same about it. I think it's perfectly fine if you have the proper home and financing.

Fairies are born fairies, not infected and changed by other fairies, so that's rules out.

What does Bella not being 12 have to do with anything?
I didn't say Bella wasn't 12, I said what she was doing at 12. And yes, those vampires are fairies. I doesn't matter that they were changed. I'm saying they sparkle, drink animal blood (though pixies probably do that), live in the woods, and their eyes are gold. Sounds like a fairy to me...

And it is a fact that Harry Potter has humor, joy, sadness, anger, love, and better role models. That is like saying Twilight is a love story. It can also be proven fact that HP has better role models.

About your satement without vampires and magic those books would be about people...I gathered that, thanks. I didn't think Twilight would be about rainbows and butterflies or HP about the planets and distant solar systems. Maybe they would both be interesting, we are just saying that HP is more relatable.

I was saying "don't tell me that HP was confusing", because many people tend to say that HP is very confusing to them. I didn't want you to say that too. (It annoys me, don't ask why)

In 2007, the last HP book came out. So did Eclipse. The Deathly Hallows sold 400 million in its first year. Eclipse sold 58 million in its first year. Those books came out at the same time, did they not? I thin we can tell which is more popular.
Does it matter what Bella was doing at 12? She was a human, not a wizard. Of course she wasn't defeating wizards. You weren't defeating wizards at 12 either.

Only the animal drinking vampires have yellow eyes. The human drinking vampires have red eyes. Only the vampires that live in the forest live in the forest. They can survive just as well anywhere else. Would living somewhere else, and drinking from a different specimen of kingdom animalia make them into a different species? That does not make much sense.

It is a fact that Twilight has humor, joy, sadness, anger, love, and better role models (still debatable) as well.
Nothing can be proven as "better" when it comes to entertainment becuase "better" is an opinion word. Different peole prefer different things.
Harry Potter is relateable to only some people. That's great if you relate to it. I don't. I relate far more to the events in Twilight. It doesn't mean there's something wrong with me because I relate to something you deem unrelateable.

The last Harry Potter book sold more that the last Twilight book because the series as a whole was out a lot longer and has had more time to accumulate more readers. It would be more fair to comparing the fourh Harry Potter book to the fourth Twilight book (first year sales only).
I was just saying that Harry accomplished more in life. And I obviously wasn't defeating a dark wizard, I was learning how Harry defeated a dark wizard.

Twilight has no humor whatsoever. Thats another reason I don't like it. I like to laugh. What did you find funny in Twilight?

When I say "better", I was referring to role models, and I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with entertainment. I cannot prove that HP is better, and you cannot prove that Twilight is better. We can debate all we want, but all we will come to is the pure fact of which is more popular.

Hermione is a better role model because she is intelligent, has flaws, is a great friend, is strong, and shows that women can be anything without a boyfriend. Bella is a Mary Sue and nobody is perfect (as I said before). She fell apart when Edward left. I understand she loved him, but really, get a hold of yourself! Its pretty much saying women can't live without men. That is not true, and I'm hoping you agree with that. She blocked out all her friends and pushed away anyone trying to help her. I find Hermione a much better role model.

And by the way: The Goblet of Fire sold 66 million. Breaking dawn sold 69 million. Not much of a difference.
And before you say "how were you learning how HP defeated a dark wizard", I meant I was reading the series.
I found the irony in Twilight to be humorous.
Edward loves Bella, even though he wants to kill her.
Bella is safest in the company of the creatures who want to kill her the most, but at the same time, being with these dangerously safe creatures causes different, unrelated dangers.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..." -Situational irony.
Bella being in love with Edward, even though she's sickened by blood.
"
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was a part of him- and I did not know how potent that part may be- that thirsted for my blood.
And third, i was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him." -Verbal irony
A bunch of jokes isn't the only thing that can be humorous.

I can say that Bella is a better role model because she is intelligent, has flaws, is a great friend, is strong, and shows that women can be anything, even with a boyfriend.
(wouldn't Bella falling apart be considered a flaw?)
I agree that a woman as an individual can live without a man, but that woman is not contributing to the future existance of the human population. Male and female relations are required to keep the world going.
Nobody tried to help Bella, except for Jacob in a way. They all pretty much told her, or just wanted her to get over it. it's not that simple. you can't just tell a person with a broken heart to be better and all is well. That's not helping at all.
I admire Bella for being able to go through such an ordeal, yet still grow in the process.

Bella was a "weak", typical, damsel in distress in the beginning, but she grew. In New Moon, Jacob tried to come to get rescue and save her from her heartache, but she did not want to be saved. she wanted to deal with it in her own ways. Later in New Moon, the roles reversed. She was the one who saved Edward. (My memory is a bit foggy when it comes to the last two books) In eclipse Bella agrees to use herself as bait. In Breaking Dawn, Bella protects everyone from Jane's mental power.
In the end, Bella is a hero.
I don't see whats so humrous about those examples. But, that is your opinion, and I respect that. What I find humorous is that Dumbledore said "Not much good comes from dreams" , yet Meyer got the idea for Twilight from a dream. The "verbal irony" up there is just Bella being stupid and vulnerable.

But why would Meyer slap that Edward is a vampire on the back of the book? Way to ruin the surprise, am I right? She could've written that Edward had a dark secret.

A lion will NEVER fall in love with a lamb. That had me scratching my head saying "What the hell? Is she trying to imply lions should be kept with lambs in the zoo or is this some sick form of verbal irony?" No, a good quote is "Never tickle a sleeping dragon." Its giving you advice :) That made me laugh.

Bella falling apart is not a flaw. It is not considered her fault. I realize that someone can't get over a broken heart that fast. Bella had how many months? I would never tell a person with a broken heart to get over it. That is another flaw in Twilight. Lots of those charcters are disgusting. How can they tell her to get over it? But Bella went to the extreme. Jumpimg off a cliff...I would never, nor would anybody else I know.

You also said, and I quote: "I can say that Bella is a better role model because she is intelligent, has flaws, is a great friend, is strong, and shows that women can be anything, even WITH a boyfriend." The key word there is with. You said you agree that a women as an individual without a man, yet you write this.

You also write that the single women is not contributing tot he future. I was talking about teenage girls, not 40 year olds. No teenage girl should fall apart if her boyfriend goes away.

Bella is a terrible friend, she drops Jacob like a tissue in New Moon. I understand she went to save Edward, but she could have been a bit better to him. I felt bad for Jacob, even if he does creepily imprint on Bella's baby. He kissed Bella. And is in love with her daughter. Is that not creepy?

You also state she is intelligent. She is booksmart. Otherwise, she is particularly stupid with her choice making.

Bella has no flaws. Being clumsy is not a flaw if Edward always catches her.

This is why Hermione is a better role model. Ginny is also a good one. Whe Harry breaks up with her for her protection (Hm, sound familiar?) she takes it much better than Bella. This shows that Ginny is stronger.

"Not much good comes from dreams"
I've never agreed with that quote. Plenty can come from dreams. i'm one who believe that your dreams tell you something. From my own experience, my dreams have helped me sort through confusing and out-of-ordered emotions. They've helped me realize what paths I should take and how to understand what's going on around me.
I don't think all that shows Bella as stupid and vulnerable, but as determined and willing to take risks.

Meyes said edward was a vampire becuase the series is not about finding out Edward's secret. It's the sam as knowing Harry was a wizard by simply reading the title of the book, looking at the cover, or reading the book. The Harry Potter series was not about Harry learning he is a wizard. It's the same thing.

It is possible for a lion and a lamb to not hate each other, just as it's possible for a dog and a cat to get along, just as it's possible for a cat and a mouse to get along, just as it's possible for a fox and a rabbit to coexist in the same area. Exceptions are always possible.

Bella jumped off a cliff becuase she saw other people doing so. I don't really know where you're comming from, but Bella was not trying to kill herself. It was clearly stated that she was not suicidal.

I learned something in my psycology class a while ago that there is a hormone released as a tennager that chemically makes you want to start seeking out a life partner. It's a survival instinct thing. It's stronger in some than it is in others, so it's perfectly normal for a teenager to want to settle down with their boyfriend.

I don't think that Bella was bad to Jacob at all. She made it clear to Jacob that she wanted to be with Edward. She made it clear that she was not looking for a romantic relationship with him, yet he still pressed the subject. I think he deserved whatever heartache he felt. She tried to be friends with him, but he couldn't seem to handle a just-friends relationship.

Bella had no daughter when Jacob kissed her.

Bella is slightly clumsy, but her main flaw is her wreckless, which has hindered her and gotten her into various ordeals. Her emotions tend to overrule reality. She's a bit headstrong.

You could say that ginny is stronger becuase she didn't get too upset when Harry broke up with her, but to me, that just seems like she cares more about herself than for Harry.
Lots of those things are opinions and untrue to me. Just as lots of what I said are opinions and untrue to you. This will be my last post on this, because I'm tired of hearing how amazing you think Bella is. After this post, evertone in my world will love Harry Potter, and everyone in your world will love Twilight. Okay?

Not much comes from my dreams. They are usually ridiculous. Lots of the time, I realize I'm dreaming, so I control it. I make it funny, because as I said, I love humour. That quoute will mean more to different people. My dreams obviously don't say much to me.

I really have no idea what you're talking about here. How is the book not about finding out Edwards secret? That has to be a big part of it at least. The other part is them falling in love. It is not in the slightest the same thing.

I did not say that Bella was stupid and vulnerable becaue of her dreams, I said that because Edward was stalking her, yet she still loved him. When a boy tells you he's been watching you sleep, you scream and run away.

The only time it is possible that a lion can get along with a lamb is when a lion is bred in captivity, and I am highly against that. Animals should be able to run free.

I never, ever said that Bella was suicidal. I was just saying I think she is crazy.

I've never had a phsycology class, so I can't regard that.

You did prove the point about Jacob, but i still don't think Bella is a good friend.

Even if Bella didn't have a daughter when Jacob kissed her, it is still ridiculously creepy. I would be disgusted if my sole mate made out with my mother.

Ginny does not barely get upset as you're putting it. I meant she didn't go into a depression and she didn't make everyone within a 10 foot radius of her depressed. I guess Ginny had better friends and family. She did care more about herself, either. In the seventh book, when the Battle of Hogwarts was starting, Ginny was begging to participate. She was risking her life. Does that seem selfish?

I guess Bella isn't a Mary Sue. That doesn't mean she is a horrible character. Half characters are as dimmensional as a sheet of loosleaf. Meyer doesn't even say what happens to Mike, Jessica, Angela, Ben, etc. She doesn't tell why James and Victoria went bad.

If Twilight was written by an author who can actually write a decent story, then maybe the series would be worth a glance. I would really like to know who Meyers editors are, because they seem like a bunch of seventh graders who failed their english/reading class.

Alright, from now on in the HP fans' world, Harry Potter beats Twilight.
In the Twilight fans' world, Twilight beats Harry Potter.

Kay? It was fun debating with you :)

*I meant that doesn't mean Bella ISN'T a Mary Sue, sorry
And I didn't put a reason as to why I think Bella is a bad friend. After her and Edward became a couple, Bella pushed away all of her human friends. Even her father said that. All Bella cared about was her precious vampire boyfriend, nothing else.

This is my last post :)
Since the June 30, 1997 release of the first novel Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, (retitled Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in the United States) the books have gained immense popularity, critical acclaim and commercial success worldwide. .... As of June 2008, the book series has sold more than 400 million copies and has been translated into 67 languages, and the last four books have consecutively set records as the fastest-selling books in history.
-wikipedia on the Harry Potter series.
Wow, even I didn't know that the last four books have been the fastest-selling books in history....
Hermione is a much better role model than Bella. She actually chose the GREATER GOOD over her own boyfriend (when she choose Harry over Ron) an extremely selfless thing to do. She chose to help other peoples' lives rather than her own love-life. Bella would never make this choice, because Edward is everything to her, she is obsessed to the point of unhealthiness. Even you have to admit that Bella's complete obsession and dependence on Edward is just....unhealthy. Bella is teaching girls this, that a boyfriend is everything, more important than friends, family, college. Do you think that is right? That she is a good rolemodel? While Hermione...she so admirable. Courageous, witty, kind, cheerful & optimistic, full of love, a steadfast and loyal friend. She never gives up, even when people call her a Mudblood. Crabbe even tried to kill her for it. She also set up S.P.E.W., the Society to Promote Elfish Welfare, because she recognised the horrible slavery in which House-Elves worked, and because they couldn't stand up for themselves, she stood up for them and promoted their rights. And with all those good attributes, she still has flaws, she is a know-it-all and a little bossy, but her friends know that and accept that. She promotes feminism and standing up for yourself and others that can't stand up for themselves. All in all, a great person, and a great rolemodel.
you like Hermione, who cares?
Where did you get that Bella"s not going to college?
Ok that wasn't my last post. I tend to change my mind alot. Especially with online debates. I love debating.

youknowit101, I don't see you telling cassie1-2-3 who cares if she likes Bella. I like Hermione and so does The PrincessTale. Is there a problem with that? Are we not entitled to our own opinions? And it was clearly stated in the Twilight series that Bella was not going to college. She was throwing her life out the window for a dead vampire. (Or should I say masculine fairy?)

The "love" in Twilight is and obsession. There is only obsession. In Harry Potter, there is a much healthier love. Believe it or not, that is what the book is about. Voldemort didn't understand what love is. He couldn't understand it. Nobody ever loved him. There is friendship love, family love, a mothers love, and so much more. It was Narcissa Malfoy's love for her son(Draco) that pretty much saved Harry in the seventh book.

It was killing me, I had to point that out.
This is a forum to support Twilight, that's why. Go praise Harry Potter in a Harry Potter forum.

Bella has a better chance to get into college now. She can go to collage as many times as she wants. Carlisle went to college multiple times, Bella can do it too
Excuse me, but I don't like being told what to do. Especially by people I don't know. And I am defending Harry Potter. This forum is why Twilight is better than HP, so I have the right to defend the books and so does any other HP fan.

Just because Bella is able to go to college now doesn't change the fact she threw her human life out the window. The only character who made sense in Twilight was Rosalie. She was the only one who pretty much told Bella she was crazy for not wanting a family. I think Rosalie is right. As I said before, Bella threw everything away. Yet she still had a child, which doesn't make sense at all. Rosalie deserved that. Bella deserves a cup of dirt.
Twilight was not about finding out Edward's secret. It was about the development of Edward's and Bella's relationship. It was about learning how the Cullens chose to live their lives. The whole book was not about wondering what Edward was. It was revealed fairly early on the the book.

You could say that Edward (the lion) was bred in captivity. I was taught by Carlisle how to not be a savage beast. He was taught to live a certain way, just like animals in captivity.

I don't think Meyer had to say what happened with Mike, Jessica, Angela, Ben, etc., becuase it wasn't important and it contributed nothing to the overall story. she didn't tell how James went bad becuase he didn't go bad. He was a vampire who hunts humans, so he hunted Bella. He did mention his vandetta against Edward concerning Alice. There's nothing more to explain. Victoria's wrath was explained. She was seeking revenge on Edward for killing her mate by killing his mate. "Mate for a mate" I believe is how it was put.
How Edward got Bella pregnant
link
Bella is still living, even if she's not human. Being human doesn't give her too many advantages. She can still go to college as a vampire. She can still have a career as a vampire. She can still develope as a parson as a vampire.
As I said before, Bella still threw her life out the window for a boy. She cannot live without a man. Even when she falls in New Moon, Jacob helps her up again. Jacob is a man, right? I think Meyer is anti- feminist or something.

And it still could've been a surprise to readers that Edward is a vampire. Why did Meyer spoil it? It doesn't matter if the book wasn't about that. More people would rather be surprised.

An animal bred in captivity is completley different than Edward. Thay were doing that for the better. An animal should be able to run free. I believe the only time an animal should be bred in captivity is when the animal is close to extinction.

Meyer should have developed her story better. Some people would have liked a backround story on James. He would have made a better villain if there was a reason he was bad, besides him being a "normal" vampire. Some people would have liked to know what happened to Bella's human "friends".

Meyer didn't think while she was writing this story. She was also too scared to kill off other people than the bad guys. JKR killed off both. I was very surprised when she killed Dumbledore. I was not surprised when Meyer killed James, though. I just couldn't believe Meyer killed James off in the first book. Why would she do that? It took Rowling seven books to kill Voldemort. Twilight would have made a much better story if Stephen King or someone else wrote it.
It was categorized as a vampire novel. There's no surprise there's a vampire in it
over a year ago ImBooOK said…
^^ your opinions are all very critizing some of you guys are. All i got to say who cares?
arnt you happy enough just loving the book you like instead of getting all worked over with something so pointless? HP and Twilight BOTH have faults but no one i think is better. maybe HP might be higher because it had more action but Twilight was still a good read. there really isnt going to be an end to this cycle so why make it worse? I know this is a VS. spot its just my opinion.
Animals are bred in captivity so they can be studied and we can learn how they live, it's not to stop them from living their lives
^^ you make no sense to me at all.
James was not the main enemy. James was a pawn Meyer used to get Victoria against the Cullens.
James was not the Twilight equal of Voldemort.

Twilight would be a completely different story if someone else wrote it. It wouldn't be Twilight.
I was talking to emar
^^ lolz so was i. sorry
^^ Actually yes, it is stopping them from living their lives. Animals don't WANT to be bred in captivity. We can observe how they live from their habitat.

And do you know what? ImBooOK, you're right. I can get very critizing sometimes. It really doesn't matter. I feel that Twilight could be better if it was written by someone else, and others think its perfect. Now I'm definitly going to stop debating.

But I just want to say one thing...Harry Potter has a theme park. :) Sorry! I had to say it :D Don't say "You're real mature" or "You're such a kid" or something like that because I am a kid. Kids say things like that.
^^ i know! i WENT TO IT! XD so fun! and im a kid too, but sense like i said it doesnt really matter. there is a twilight park being made into it as well in about one more year?
and thank you! Carlisle would have been better to Twilight then whiny Bella. he is more mature and caring and loving...plus, i have a thing for hot doctors. :D
Aw I'm jealous! I want to go to that park so bad! I saw a commercial and it looked amazing! What are they even going to put in the Twilight one? Trees? :D And I was pointing the kid stuff at the other two. Just so you know :)

I think Bella is extremley whiny and sometimes her thoughts make me depressed...Carlisle was one of my favorite characters when I liked Twilight. Then I stopped liking it and read HP. I never liked HP before then, but then I slapped myself for not reading it sooner :D
for twilight i dont know yet but it isnt just trees. -.-
and it was SO AMAZING i go back during the summer!
and i read HP before and i still love it. Twilight i like but i would love it if it was with carlisle. him and Esme have more love then Bella does because she just cares about how messily gorgeous his hair is. if i was a wizpire id avarda kadvara that stupid hair off.
over a year ago MyronPwnsBella said…
Really though, I can't relate to Bella. This is why.

1. Bella's a big whiny stupid bitch.
2. I don't plan to throw my whole life out the door for a stupid sparkly jackass who watches me sleep.
3. If my boyfriend tried to drag me into his vehicle, I would give him a black eye and broken wrists before he could even say, "car". Unlike Bella, who does Eddie-kins's will every single second of the day.
4. I'm a feisty girl who has a mind of her own. Bella is just like a dependent follower to Edward and treats him like he's God.
5. If my ex-boyfriend wanted me to come back to him after he hurt me, I'd say, "Hell no, you bitch!"
6. I actually give a damn about my family. I do not call my mom "hare-brained", I wouldn't leave my dad worried sick just to save my douchebag ex-bf.
7. I wouldn't sacrifice myself for some demon spawn like Bella would.
8. I wouldn't become engaged to a guy then go kiss another guy.
9. If I found Edward watching me sleep, I'd say, "GET THE F*CK AWAY FROM ME YOU CREEP!".
10. I'd rather be a scientist or something constructive, than be a housewife and mother.
11. If my boyfriend left me, I might be a little sad, but I wouldn't go into a catatonic state.
12. If I were a Meyerpire, I'd be devastated that I could no longer be with my parents, sister, or friends.
13. Unlike Bella, I don't take interest in just hot guys. In fact, I've known shit heads that are hot, like my ex for instance.
14. If I were Bella, after the break up, I would've taken a long break from boys.
15. I probably, unlike Bella, would've given Mike somewhat of a chance, instead of being with a guy who "looks at me like I'm something to eat." Haha

Please comment! I'd love to respond.
^^I can't relate to Bella either, but some people can I guess.

ImBooOK- I'm definitly visiting that park one day :D
Esme and Carlisle have a healthier and deeper love. I would love to read their story. But Meyer can't write it. I might rip my eyes out. The way she created Bella, I don't want to know what she would do with some other character...

I love HP so much now! And since I hate Twilight now but used to love it, it shows that "Once bitten, always smitten" is completley untrue! Whoever wrote that quote is out of their mind.