Frozen Do you think Anna's underrated?

JadeTheKilljoy posted on Jan 11, 2014 at 08:03PM
In your opinion is she underrated?

Frozen 21 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago FlightofFantasy said…
Yes, I definitely do. Elsa's a fascinating character, but Anna is much more developed.
It's also very easy to relate to Elsa, but there's something so lovable and beautiful about Anna. Elsa's the kind of person you can identify with; Anna's the type of person you wish existed.
Anywho. So yes, I think Anna is extremely underrated.
Simmeh commented…
Yeah, I find more similarities with Elsa than I do Anna. over a year ago
WinterSpirit809 commented…
I am sure everyone feels lonely and doesn't know why... over a year ago
over a year ago 18wanda said…
Anna is my favorite. I don't like how Elsa always pushed her away. It wasn't fair to her!
winxoxoclub commented…
Ikr? over a year ago
Simmeh commented…
That's because her parents told her to! over a year ago
Elsafrost11 commented…
Yeah, it wasn't exactly Elsa's fault you know..... over a year ago
Actually she could have told Anna after her parents died, it would have saved a lot of trouble. So can you quit blaming the parents? Elsa had the choice after they died. over a year ago
over a year ago MitchTheP3ngu1n said…
Yeah, in a way she has more to her character than Elsa, its so sad how she couldn't even talk to her sister pretty much, for ages, and even though her parents died her sister still never talked to her. So yeah, shes really underrated.
emerald_32 commented…
Does Derp know how much time you spend here? xD over a year ago
DerpThatHerp commented…
^FUCKING OBVIOUSLY. HE'S A MASSIVE FANBOY!!!! over a year ago
emerald_32 commented…
^ xDDDD over a year ago
Elsafrost11 commented…
Well you guys gotta remember that it wasn't Elsa's fault. She really wanted to be with Elsa, but even if she wanted to she couldn't. Elsa was afraid she would hurt Anna, so in this case she was protecting her. It was what she had been told to do her entire life, you can't blame her for that! Although, yes, Anna is underrated and I think she should get more credit for her part in the movie. over a year ago
over a year ago emerald_32 said…
I think that she is definetely underrated (well, not as much as Sven in my opinion). Shes the protagonist yet Elsa has more fans. I still love Elsa though.
I can understand that people like Elsa more than Anna, but cant you leave some love for Anna?
(Funny, Im saying this even though Elsa is my favorite xD)
MitchTheP3ngu1n commented…
Anna is my favourite :) over a year ago
winxoxoclub commented…
Yeh ;) over a year ago
Twinkleninja commented…
yup sven, I dont underrate him, he is higher on my fave list than Olaf sooo. btw Anna is my fave!! over a year ago
over a year ago islandprincess said…
smile
Yes, because she's great
over a year ago winxoxoclub said…
I love Anna-I think she is fine.
over a year ago jennipop22 said…
I do agree that Anna's underrated, she's a beautiful character but the fans tend to shoot for Elsa. I like both equally, they're unique in their own ways.
Anna has her own power according to Jennifer Lee, and that is love. over a year ago
over a year ago misscindyspice said…
smile
Yes, definitely! She's actually a really interesting and deep character, she just gets overlooked because a lot of people relate more to Elsa. I like Elsa, but Anna has a lot more character and that's always a good thing :) So bring on the Anna love people! :D
over a year ago prinelsa said…
I love her to death,but everyone else seems to like her too so no.
over a year ago MissAngelPaws said…
Elsa is my favorite, but I do think Anna is very underrated. To be honest, I'm not crazy about her (But I really like her!) but I think she deserves more love.
over a year ago floraforeverr said…
yes i love Elsa shes my fave cause sges very insterting myserious unique charater rataLBE And awseome and very pretty also Anna is cyte sweet and nice shes needs more love though
over a year ago annafrost567 said…
Wait what me why ?
over a year ago Feistypantsanna said…
heart
Compared to Elsa, in my opinion, yes I think Anna is underrated. Anna is supposed to be the main character of Frozen, but Elsa gets way more attention than Anna if you ask me. Anna is my favorite character because she is just so nice and sweet and caring, I think people forgot that she literally sacrificed herself for her sister, who she was shut out by for more than 10 years. I love Anna so much, I wish she was real. I know, it sounds crazy, but that is how awesome she is :D
I LOVE YOU ANNA!!!!
Twinkleninja commented…
ahh finally another Anna fan, yooo hoo hello anna fan! :) over a year ago
over a year ago glelsey said…
She does seem to get a fair amount of love and attention, although I think certain qualities of hers are often overlooked. Personally, I love that she is a comical character, and can also be undignified at times. That makes her original amongst the other Disney Princesses. She also has the most personality and character development out of everyone in the film.

Not sure if "underrated" is a word I would use to describe her, seeing as she does get a lot of love from fans and also the Disney company (there is a lot of Anna merchandise out there!) but when you consider that she is technically the protagonist of the film (and an interesting one at that), and Elsa gets far more attention and praise than her, I can see why people perhaps started to use that word. Personally, I think I'd go for the word "overshadowed" rather than "underrated".
over a year ago Twinkleninja said…
YES! Ok so being the 2nd most popular character in Frozen isnt fair on poor Anna, I mean 70 percent of most Frozen fans like Elsa more than Anna, but in my opinion that isnt fair, because Anna is the one who saves the day, goes through lots of trauma and everything else, of course im not hatin' on Elsa, I love Elsa too trust me! But I mean Anna is the Hero of the movie, she is the one who was origionally meant to be the main character but it turns out Elsa is when disney intended on making Anna the most popular. I mean if you go to say the Disney Store or Toys r us or somewhere like that you'll find that there is more Anna merch than elsa because she is more popular...Anna is sooo underrated I mean Sooooo underrated, but maybe I think that because anna is my fave character not elsa, elsa comes in a close second though! But hey it doesnt matter what others think about her if I dont underrate her. (Btw elsa's dress is more glam and that really attracts attention!) (Ps. I am Anna!!!)
over a year ago RomyMermaid said…
angry
Yes! I love Anna, and Elsa is WAY overrated, even though I still like her. I could seriously go into one of my rants about this.
over a year ago Emmalou13 said…
YES!!! She is always overshadowed by Elsa, who in fact, is not a great role-model. Anna is loyal, kind, funny, sweet, and believes in people, even though she can be a bit naive. Elsa, is a great role-model in the subject of selflessness, but for most of the movie she is scared/angry/sad/stressed, so I don't get why people love her so much!
I'm excited for Frozen 2, because we will get to see Elsa's good side.

But overall, I think Anna is the best Character, very underrated. And my 2nd fav Disney Princes!!
Elsafrost11 commented…
i dont agree with evrything you said.............elsa is only S.A.S.S (scared angry sad stressed) because she doesnt know what to do, her parents are dead, and the ONLY reason she is S.A..S.S, is because she DOESNT WANT TO HURT ANYONE!(i know you already knew that) you kinda have tto understand her situation!! i know she could have just tried to do things better, but hey fear can control you if you let it. (believe me, i know) over a year ago
I agree that Anna is a better role model than Elsa... over a year ago
over a year ago Elsafrost11 said…
Yes she is pretty underated, elsa is my favorite, but i like anna too, and i think she should get way more attention!! elsa aand olaf, are they the 2 top charcters on frozen? just wondering!:P
over a year ago glelsey said…
Yeah, Elsa and Olaf are extremely popular, at least among very young kids. My mum and I were talking about this a while back - she works in a pre-school, and apparently at that age all the girls love Elsa and all the boys love Olaf.

Interestingly though, I teach teenagers and last year I had a class of 14-year-olds. A few of them were Frozen fans (along with one or two haters) and something I noticed about them was that, whatever their opinion, Anna seemed to get the most attention from them, be it good or bad. She was the character they would quote and talk about the most.

Elsa and Olaf are definitely very loved, but Anna seems to be getting some attention from the older fans. She certainly seems to be a memorable character. I'm glad about that. :)
over a year ago WinterSpirit809 said…
Yes, considering she is the protagonist she does. It seem like everyone hates Anna because she's not Elsa. I'm sure if she had power, or if Elsa didn't have powers she would get a little more attention.
over a year ago author7 said…
Yes I think Anna is underrated. Anna is my favortie because she is brave , kind and storng. While Elsa is a bit bitter and cold. I do think that we get to know her that much in the movie. I think most kids just like Elsa because she has superpowers. Anna is the protagoast and I think she desvers more love!!