Fanpop How Do U Become A Dedicated Fan And Have Those Dots??

cara-girl posted on Dec 28, 2007 at 01:42PM
i dont know how people can become dedicated fans and other medals????????????????

Fanpop 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DrDevience said…
Sit on Fanpop all day.
over a year ago tina_1989 said…
no really can anyone answer how? also i wanted to make aspot myself and i cannot find the way
That was an answer. It may have sounded flippant, but that is the way. Add tons and tons of good content: images (with photog credit and good keywords) links, picks, videos...

and then other people have to rate it all.

Tina - to make a spot, first do a search for every word you can think of that might have something to do with that spot to make sure there isn't one already covering your thing ;)

Then click up at the top of the page 'Fanpop beta' to go to the main page. Scroll down on the right to the bottom almost and click on 'Create a New Spot' which is right next to 'Browse Spots'
Here is an excellent article by Harold on how to create Spots:

link
over a year ago kathiria82 said…
I surely don't sit on Fanpop all day because I have a life. I earn medals because people rate what I add, it doesn't take adding tons to get a medal. This will help you cara-girl, link
over a year ago cara-girl said…
thx everyone!
over a year ago ceesau05 said…
do you get a medal by just rating things in a spot?
over a year ago germany123 said…
you dont get medals for rating- why is everyone so obsessed with medals!?like it says in the faqs:they are a bonus!
other than that rating helps other users...
over a year ago Nav said…
This isn't strictly related, but still:
I was a dedicated fan in a few spots that I wasn't actually a fan of (I just found a lot of videos) - and now I think they (the medals) are gone. Has that happened to anyone else?
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago aholic said…
I just think that videos that is gone is gone because someone have flagged the video, but you just haven't edited it, but I'm not an expert. You can still add things to spot you are not a fan of, so still deserve a medal there.
over a year ago Rockster said…
When i started fanpopping, it took me quite a while to get my first medal, then took me more time to get my deadication medal to the placebo spot. I mainly stay on a computer between 30 mins and an hour because of school and work now.

If you add a decent amount of good contents to a couple of spots, then your on your way there.