Fanpop If you look at it, then rate it!

DrDevience posted on Dec 17, 2007 at 05:26PM
Sorry, but I am becoming agitated. Rating is every bit as important to Fanpop as adding stuff.

If you know someone has been rating your stuff, then reciprocate on a few of theirs.

If you open a link or image or video... rate the damn thing. It takes fraction of a second.

You want to thank someone for that prop they just gave you? Go rate a few of their images.

And no, it doesn't have to be all 5 ratings. Rate honestly... but please do rate. When things don't get rated it makes it feel like wasted effort to have loaded the thing in...

Fanpop 17 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago aholic said…
I feel the same way. There is only two-four that have rated my videos in the smallville spot, where there is over 1500 fans! It's crazy. Some people are just lazy :P WE WANNA KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE THINGS WE ADD! I sometimes sees that with people just rates 5 stars or 1 star every time. It's annoying.
over a year ago maybeastarbucks said…
I wish you could rate forums, because if you could I'd give this a five!

People need to rate! Please... for crying out loud.
over a year ago DarkSarcasm said…
Well said, DrD.
over a year ago harold said…
Bravo! As I wrote in my [url]user's guide[/url]: "rate content whenever you have a reaction to it".

The only time that I don't rate material is when I can't tell what it is (usually images without tags or any description) and don't know whether to report it as miscategorized or rate it as lame content. I don't want to rate something that really belongs in a different spot.
over a year ago TheCountess said…
Sorry, guys! That's one of the things that my computer won't let me do. Whenever I try, it says its rating, but nothing ever appears. If I can open a link and take a look at it, I at least try to write to the person who posted it and/or put comments by the link. I know it's not the same, but I hope it hels a little.
over a year ago DrDevience said…
You I know about. You get a free pass ;)
over a year ago germany123 said…
i totally understand and try to rate links when i like them. I think what happenes it that because a lot of the links are external i automatically close the window- i always have many open when browsing fanpop- and forget to go back to rate it..cause you cant really rate it before you looked at the content. so its not really bad intention..i just look at the webpage that opened, maybe find sth else i like, click somewhere else..and in the end forget to go back all the way to fanpop where i saw it first.
but i will try to do it more from now on :)
over a year ago edennirvana said…
DrD I salute you!

I've even had those that write a comment "oh I love this" but don't rate it.. ¬ ¬
-
over a year ago kathiria82 said…
Some people can be so selfish too. They want you to rate all their stuff and they hardly rate anything! I love to rate so if anyone wants me to rate their contributions just let me know!
I rate pretty much everything that comes in to several Spots, mostly travel... Australia, London, UK, Sweden. Scandinavia, Travel, Europe, Castles... takes up about half of my day. but I enjoy doing it.
over a year ago dazl said…
Ok DrD, since you put it that way *cowering in fear*.

I agree though. I rate everything. If someone has taken the time to upload it, then I can take the time torate it.
I love to rate things too, especially pictures because it's easier to judge.
Some people are sleeping! I added 12 videos or so in the spain spot for 2 days ago, and none of them are rated yet. It's the same with the actors spot (not the spot), not many people rate things there.
over a year ago JoeLaveau said…
I've said "Oh I love this" and not rated it. No one has ever cared that much about my opinion before. Now I'm all inspired. I'm gonna go rate everything.
over a year ago JoeLaveau said…
Hey,cressida's Gap comercial with Laura Prepon says updating then goes back to 1 fan rated. But amazondeb's Buffy vid clicked over right away. So I don't think it's me.
over a year ago amazondebs said…
what do you mean joelaveau?
I think he means that sometimes he rates things and then the rating goes away. It doesn't stick.

I've suspected that was happening.