Fanpop Problems earning medals

Temptasia posted on Dec 11, 2007 at 09:41PM
I am just wondering if anyone else noticed this. I have added a ton of stuff to two different sites and it all looks to be rated, but I still haven't gotten a medal in them and I can't figure out why.
Here is what I have contributed:
Amy Adams
Videos: 26
Picks: 6
Links: 188

Knocked Up
Videos: 46
Picks:21
Links:223

I am not trying to make a big deal of it just wondering :) I don't know a whole lot about how the medal system actually works, so if someone could shed some light that would be awesome!!!!
last edited on Dec 11, 2007 at 09:42PM

Fanpop 16 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago dazl said…
Yeah. I added a fair amount of stuff to the Lord of the Rings, along with the other stuff I had added ages ago. Maybe its a question of ratings, Temptasia?
over a year ago dave said…
Hey Tarah and Dara (omg...Tarah and Dara :),

The medal system takes some time to earn new medals and doesn't always have to do with quantity of content. You guys both add a ton of great content, but we want to make sure that there are enough fans in those areas to confirm the quality before a user can earn the reputation and a medal. But by having a variety of content, it definitely helps! Amy Adams and Knocked Up are relatively knew spots and I'm sure you will get your medals in no time Tarah! You too dazl. :)
Thanks for clearing that up, Dave.

Actually this is my own fault. I thought I'd uploaded loads of images, turns out my internet wasn't connected. *blushes*
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago DrDevience said…
;) I was wondering this myself about a few spots. Thanks Dave.
over a year ago Temptasia said…
Ok, that makes sence. Thanks Dave! I actually just got my green medal for both!!! Yeah!
over a year ago Cinders said…
Tarah and Dara should be the names of a crime fighting duo.
over a year ago slytherin360 said…
lol im trying to earn a medal in the Sweeney Todd spot and even though ive like uploaded a zillion pictures on the Helena Bonham Carter spot.. i cant get a die-hard medal. Lol ill just be patient and add more stuff :)
over a year ago aholic said…
Just keep adding then. It's the same thing with me, I added over 400 pictures to smallville and 20 videos, and I'm still not dedicated. It's all about adding and being patient :)
Yay I got my LOTR medal. Proof that whining to Dave and the others works!
I got a die-hard medal in smallville. Maybe you're right, dazl :D...Ah I just think it's about being patient.
over a year ago ilovehinder said…
i was actually wondering the same thing about the pan's labyrinth spot, but i just got a medal for that spot so im fine. except i have another question regarding medals, but it has nothing to do with this
You just have to wait. My "highest medal site" does'nt match, because there am I closer to get a medal in a spot, where I haven't contributed something in, than in a spot I have. You have to wait untill it's updated and then you might get a medal, I think.
over a year ago kathiria82 said…
Temptasia, why do you just add content to earn medals? Why don't you wait patiently like everyone else until the fans decide to rate your stuff? Also FYI medals are not solely based on how people rate, that is just one factor to the equation.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago ilovehinder said…
ditto, kathiria82. but tarah, i am not being mean in saying this, ur my friend, but i think u should just be patient and add a lot just like everyone else does.
over a year ago luv2dants1 said…
i've submitted almost 100 videos to old school nickelodeon and they have all been rated above 4.0 and i still dont have a medal, but there are some people who have submitted less that have one ?
over a year ago amazondebs said…
luv2dants, they might have had a lot of higher ratings, or posted other picks and images and links too,
like kathiria said just add content that you think is good and you will get your medal eventually :)