Fanpop Greetings Friends! Just a brief piece to enquire whether the image servers are wonky?

Cammie posted on Nov 20, 2008 at 04:35PM
Okay guys, I have NOT been able to upload images for half hour or so. I did submit a image recently after attempting about 5 times. Now this is what's happening everytime I try to submit:

link

The images areobviously not uploading and it just directs me to the Fanpop homepage.
I've also noticed that there seems to be very little image content by other users at the moment.
Is anyone else experiencing difficulties?
last edited on Nov 21, 2008 at 01:54AM

Fanpop 18 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Cammie said…
Just to add... image submitted by me to the Bewitched spot 35mins ago is still being displayed as a recent image on the fanpop homepage so something's a miss ...
over a year ago germany123 said…
id love to help but..i have no idea and i havent tried uploading anything..hmmmm
*hugs*
*hands her cookie*
soory :)
Well, I've been able to upload some images in the last couple of hours but at times it still requires several attempts SO not too sure what's happening at the pop!
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
Well it worked fine for me..
over a year ago ineedcoffee said…
also the featured fans isn't showing up on the home page, I always look at it and stalk profiles but it isn't there...
Yeah, I just noticed that too, coffee.
The featured fans have disappeared, the turkey's disappeared ... what's going on at the pop?!
over a year ago papa said…
We're getting slammed by Twilight traffic this weekend so we had to disable a few features (like the featured fans module on the frontpage) to make the rest of the site still hum under the crush.
see we do get to blame twilight...lol
Thanks papa! Is that the reason you removed the cute little turkey too?
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
yeah.. where's the turkey? I am on my way to reading Breaking Dawn now and that means I am a Twilight fan so that means.. *hides from Cammie and ineed*
At the risk of having a stampede of Twilight fans run amok and abuse me, I'm still gonna say that if the turkey's removal has anything to do with the Twilight spot I'm not too impressed.
I got nothing against Twilight fans I just figured because it was opening weekend of the Movie.
wow! my pages also take aboot twice as much time to load- i may thank the twilighters for that too??
ha ha ha...
*puts on vampire costume*
*goes to twilight spot*
*kicks innocent fangirl*
*realizes there are probably just as many "clubs" as for OTH*
*hides on the HIMYM spot till its all over*
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago papa said…
No the turkey was probably an oversight (probably got removed inadvertently when we rolled back some recent changes to boost the site performance). We're looking into the performance issues.

And the turkey will be back too :-)
*yay*
*hugs papa cause he is awesome**
*throws a prop at him*
lol, I second that I only saw the turkey for a second but he was cute.
Aww, thanks papa, you rock.
I'll be 'throwing' a prop at you too when that little turkey is sitting up on the Fanpop logo again. Mwahahaha!
Just to let know that I don't seem to be able to upload any images when making quizzes. I've tried on four different spots with different sized images and nothing uploads. There also seems to be users having same problem with uploading images onto picks.
However, so far I haven't experienced a problem with uploading images as such. Although several times whilst trying to upload 5 at a time a message came up that something went wrong but Fanpop had been notified ... well, at least that's what the message on the screen said,lol.