Fanpop Broken Videos

Bubbly131 posted on Sep 01, 2008 at 06:35PM
A lot of the time when i go to watch a video, it doesn't work. Why? And isn't there some way you can remove it from the site completely? It'll save time when you're looking for a video and it's stops people from getting extremely annoyed.

Fanpop 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago hooch-is-crazy said…
if you report it it's often deleted quickly, but, to stop people taking perfectly good videos from the site just to be mean it's not done automaticaly.

As for the reason it doesn't work, that can be things like it not being available in your country or the origional poster of the video on another site disabling embedding.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago germany123 said…
yes you have to report them...they are just linked here..fanpop doesnt put them here- users put up the links and the videos are hosted somewhere else.
its not a service provided by someone...this site is a community so everyone has to contribute..when finding a broken video or link dont post a comment complaining.(not saying you do.. i just see it a lot) instead be grateful someone put it up in the first place....
snerkie wrote a brilliant article aboot it
link

this should be quite helpful

P.S.ha i stalked you..do dooo put comments like that. so read snerkies article carefully!!! :)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago hooch-is-crazy said…
I do it to attract more attention from the poster, I find if I comment, they're more likely to rerport it themself and then it's been reported twice, making it more likely to be taken off. But don't report a video if it's only unavailable in a certain area (like how hulu videos only work in America)
over a year ago germany123 said…
:O but if i see my OWN vid is broken..i delete it, i dont flag it...what would be the point of flagging if i can delete it!?
and btw hoochy..i dont mind "just letting you know i reported this because..." comments- i just dont like: booohooo why isnt it working/so slow yatta yatta comments :)
somtimes i stumble across my stuff and see its broken..and i just delete it.