Fanpop Medal?

tinkerluvr posted on Jul 25, 2008 at 02:48PM
Ok, I haven't won any medals yet but I looked at my spot page and sorted them by highest medal. I had a hunch that wichever was sorted first was the spot that I was closest to getting a medal on. Fanpop appearred first. Am I right about this medal trick? I just wanted to know because I am curious....
last edited on Jul 25, 2008 at 05:37PM

Fanpop 29 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago germany123 said…
this is just so wrong..i cant even begin to tell you how wrong that attitude is!

sheesh..*shakes head*
over a year ago babybell said…
lol um i have no idea.
over a year ago amazondebs said…
well logically that makes sense

but i'm with gerley medals should be a reward for adding good content not a reason to add content...if that makes sense

oh i love it when you always edit your posts to make it sound different..

originally this user asked this question so she "could add a lot of content to the highest spot( the one she thought was closest to producing a medal) to quickly get a medal"

HA! try deleting or editing that!
last edited over a year ago
:O

tinkerluvr that's not fair of you to do that because it makes me and germany sound like jackasses
over a year ago aholic said…
Obviously she rather wants you to look stupid than herself. It's not the first time she does this...
over a year ago ay3 said…
ouch ya dont edit stuff like that... and i feel ur hunch is right so add GOOD content (not weird questions to forums) and then ull get a well deserved medal!
over a year ago Sophiii said…
It really is quite annoying. She's made me look like a total idiot aswell.

But to the point. I have been wondering that aswell. It would make sense.
over a year ago tinkerluvr said…
I'm sorry, I deleted that to say I'm sorry and I truly, did want to add more content so people could rate it and then I could get a medal.
Why are you so obsessed with getting a medal? It's just dots.
Well, everybody else has medals, and they are shiny, and would look good on me profile.
treu;they are shiny
false;everyone else has them
Well, almost everyone.
over a year ago harold said…
It may also be that the sort is done by the most fans, or the spot with the most activity, when you don't have a medal in any of them. Nobody knows but the Fanpop staff, and maybe not even all of them.
over a year ago Immunity said…
I think fanpop god doesn´t like me :[ I worked so hard on a spot by now and...taadaa.... nothing ^^°
Wasn´t meant to be I guess..
Fanpop has a scoring system, they don't just give medals to those they like. Maybe people in the spot haven't rated yet?
I don´t know how many ratings are needed....problem is that there are not many visitors at this spot, but I added about 170 images and almost all of them are rated by two persons :/ and the picks, and links and comments and videos and forum posts...?
Lol
i am not sure but i would think the clever f4 included in the secret medal formula that you dont need as much ratings on a "smaller" spot to get a medal- but i dont know..

apart from that i have two thoughts about this subject
1) if you add content that not a huge amount of fans look at because not a lot of people care about the subject so much..isnt it fair that the stuff thats gets a lot of attention gets more ratings? and that you get a medal more quickly?
i dont mean anyone specifically i mean this just in general...if i have a passion for an unknown underground indie/punk rock band that sings in swahili and i make a spot for them..dont i kinda expect that not a lot of people will join and rate because its well...a fairly special thing to be interested in?
you can add all sorts of content to fanpop..ANYTHING...twice even..sometimes more than that..but you cant force people to take interest. (you can ask them to go rate your stuff but thats just meh! (not meg..meh!) in my opinion

you might think thats unfair..that you put so much work in your spot..well lemme tell you: thats life!
quit complaining..no one asked anyone to create a spot and i think fanpop would be a lot more fun if people just acknowledged the fact that not everyone has a huge crush on so-and-so and not everyone is a fan of your high school basketballs team mascot.

2) why does everyone desperately want a medal?
again..a general inquiry! no one in particular...
if you so desperately want one: go to the gg vs spn vs usa vs you vs me vs oth spot- add a sh!? load of content, picks, quizzes whatever bulk upload images with no keywords and presto couple of weeks later: medals galore!

now:i offer a prop to anyone who will quit complaining and delete all their "why dont i have a medal how do i get one posts "on gets on with fanpooping er fanpopping!

its a pop POOPING on a fan!

rant over :)
*feels hateful energy from fanpoppers*
ahhhhhhh :D

you're right germany! More people enjoy the content in the bigger spots.
I´m not needy for props...
(just for medals *gg*)
No seriously, I can´t see why you have a problem with people wanting medals. Some of us like them, and some of us don´t care, no need to complain about that.
he he someone feels defensive :D
over a year ago ineedcoffee said…
I don't have a medal and likely never will and thats alright by me, because as I have stated before somewhere else I am here to enjoy this site. I love my props and treasure them, but don't understand the fascination with medals as long as you contribute good quality stuff people will give you a prop to appreciate what you have added, unless you think that the medals mean popularity then you are so wrong....
lol gerley my darling friend

i do care about medals not my own medals as such but the medal system, i have ranted on this on a seperate forum, just because i think it's a little screwed and the reason for bad content when good content should be awarded but annnyways
medals are a part of fanpop but i do think some people focus too much on them, and getting back to the original point i think looking up which medal you should have next and completley focusing on that just to have one in a bad attitude to the reward system oh and i agree with ineedcoffee some of the "highest contributers" i have never heard of so tru that coffee, popularity only comes with personality on here, tis not high school :D
er of COURSE fanpop is high school!!
ha! but its true medals mean nothing when it comes to liking a user or feeling they have contributed much.
take me for example..i only have two medals and everyone on here..ok BAD example :D

no seriously i have neverEVER checked anyones profile to see what medals they have on which spot. and ineedcoffee is a good example of a fan who contributes so much to this site in many ways..and she is well known and liked as far as i know ( i know i like her :))
and yep the medal system..oh my..the system is...
Lol, of course! You are right... but...it´s just that..almost everyone in the House MD spot knows me as one of the biggest Fans of one of the characters and I contributed so much to this character spot (I also have ratings)(I made about 160 images all by myself, was a lot of work) and I just wondered why I wouldn´t get a medal.
It would have just been the icing on the cake, but I´m accepting now that I won´t get one.
oh immunity the fanpop thingy that distrobutes medals errr i'm not sure how it works but it seems to go round people and check their medals status e.g. i once got like 15 medals at once like there's some sort of delay or something :S

oh i'm not explaning this very well errrr it can sometimes take time...hopfully that made sence

sounds like if you have a rep for loving this character though you havn't earnt more than a medal :)
Yes.. so it isn´t an automatic system? Or is it?
I don´t know much about it, but I keep contributing a lot of stuff to this spot and everyone is like :What?? You don´t have a medal yet? How can that be?
Kinda funny lol
Well you have a medal in the house MD spot.
yes it is a automated system