Fanpop Little Bit Of Help

amazondebs posted on Jul 11, 2008 at 04:27PM
okay i know this doesn't belong her what so ever but the photoshop forums are about as active as me in a gym aka not at all

does anyone know how to reset your photoshop setting because i appear to have lost my layers toolbar, all it says on the help thing is click alt and reset but i don't know where reset is, moronic computer... or maybe i'm the moron

anyways would anyone be kind enough to help me?

Fanpop 29 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago germany123 said…
as in you closed it and dont know how to get it back? or its gone..vanished from planet?
cause with the latter im no good
over a year ago amazondebs said…
yup tried closing even restarting my computer but it's gone *sob*
makes editing and creating 10 times harder having to copy bit abd bats from and too paint and i think my moue has nail marks in
so the arrow thing is checked next to the layer thing in the "windows" thing? and it doesnt appear?

well frankly...i dont know what to do then..
sorry babe..i know how frustrating things like this can get..
yup have checked it and rechecked it like 100 time :( i seem to be struggerling along okay but i will defo need it by the time i start college and arn't just making fan arts lol
you could always uninstall and then re-install...
yeah light probs with that, how do you find your serial number?
it should be on the cd or on the cover of the cd/packaging- is it the original i.e. licensed!?

if its burnt by someone the number should be on the cd as a file somewhere
hmmm i'm not sure about the license my dad got it....any ideas how to find it?

sorry lol i'm so dense
well what i meant that if you have the original-legal- version it should be on the cd somewhere or on the cover..usually there is a sticker or something. if its not on there..hmmm
have you tried
window-workspace- reset palette locations?
while we are troubleshooting...all my icons are gone :/

it just says user photo..thats kinda weird
over a year ago nosemuffin said…
Same here Ger! Except all (well most) images seem to be broken for me here on Fanpop. Not only can I only see about 10% of them, I'm also unable to upload any.
Oh Debs.. just to be sure, did you try going to the window bar at the top (somewhere near file, edit, image, etc) and scrolling down to the option "show layers"?
yeah...a lot of images as well. but Im glad i am not the only one..i think! its a bit strange..i will write a message to dave- maybe they are "tweaking" some more!?
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Snerkie said…
hopefully this will be in your photoshop...

Window>Workspace>Default Workspace

i don't know what version you use so it might not be the same as that but if not just maybe search in the PS search "default workspace"
ok i can see snerkies icon!!
snerkie is that the same as reset palette locations?

i have a very old version...
over a year ago claire-aka-bob said…
my images are gone too, i just thought it was my annoying computer. but obviously not? ♥
I can Snerkie's too, but yeah, that's the only image in the whole forum that's coming through.
same here..i sent dave a message..but what time is it in the states anyway?
westcoast..what like 6 hours difference? more?
anyway..they are probably at home with their families where they belong :)
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
Hey, what time is it in Germany? Are they different from the uk? I've always wondered......just not enough to bother my tooshy to google it.
I'm West Coast and it's 6:15 PM. And yeah, it's a Friday evening, good time to be out with your kids or having dinner. Maybe he'll check in before he goes to bed or something.
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
6.15 pm? Really? Woooow. Big time difference. Thats like ......a lot of hours after me. Like 8....I think.
over a year ago Snerkie said…
lmao...go me for being the icon to work :P lol

yeah, if you click "reset palette locations" it will bring them all back. That also just if you move your palettes around it'll snap back to where they usually are.
over a year ago papa said…
There seems to be a problem with one of our image servers. It's being looked into, but you will see some images not loading on the site until the problem is resolved :-(
ahhh you guys are genius!!!!

asked my dad about a license he doesn't have a clue what a license is but he he brought me the packaging it came and it's kosha lol to be honest i don't think my dad has the smarts to pull off a scam lol

anyways thank you so much your all little stars

oh and i can see images?
you what!? flag that....(new insult sualey came up with) i cant! its very irritating to be honest...or as lucas (from oth) would say...and then...life teaches you...that you never value..what you have...*dun dun dun dramatic music*...(almost whispering) until it's gone!!!
*fade to black*

seriously i digress but whats with the fortune-cookie-wisdom on that show? its like they are reading hallmark cards to one another all day!!
over a year ago aholic said…
I can only see some icons. I can't upload yet.