Fanpop Wonky Medals?

amazondebs posted on Jul 06, 2008 at 10:27PM
okay this started from this pick
link

and i know the magic medal foruma is secret as it says in FAQ

"We have a magic scoring system that we like to keep secret so that we don’t promote abuse or gaming from users. Fanpop is about collaboration, not competition. All you need to know is that if you keep on contributing great stuff to the spot, you will be rewarded accordingly. Think of it like getting that bonus present under the Christmas tree that you weren’t expecting from Santa. It's that much sweeter when you get a surprise."

i am normally one of the first people to say to a new fan just keep on adding great stuff and enjoy it your medal will come and i generally go by this and accept that one day everyone will get their medals

however i keep noticing some people get medals for doing very little

e.g. i added about 10 videos to gossip girl and got a dedicated (i don't have it anymore because i unsubscribed)

and others add loads

e.g. a girl added loads of links keeping everyone up to date with writer strike in relation to gossip girl and the plans for carrying on the series and i don't think she still has a medal

and what about the bar of fans at the bottom, i always thought that showed the top contributers in that spot and yet on the dollhouse spot i'm on the far left followed by another user with a dedicated medal when i don't have one (a user who has added half as many images as me)

now i understand you also have to rate and comment and add different types of content and some spots get more attention that others ect ect
but these circumstances seem to be general flukes and i am only using my examples i see loads over fanpop where user who have added little and a lot of the time uncredited, unkeyworded content have medals and really dedicated users with loads have none

and i know it's blasphemous for me to question the almighty fanpop four but does anyone else think the medal system might be wonky?

Fanpop 77 replies

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...