Fanpop Spoilers!

ali22 posted on Apr 24, 2008 at 09:35PM
Can someone please clear something up for me? If i post a pick about something that has happened in a show that has aired in one country but not in another do i class that as a spoiler?
last edited on Apr 24, 2008 at 09:39PM

Fanpop 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago germany123 said…
i think its fair to those who browse the spot..and are subcribers to it.
clearly the internet is a dangerous place spoilerwise..but if its in your updates and you see the question about e.g. a couple you dont know about yet..thats pretty unfair. if i havent seen an episode yet and see a pick or link with a revealing title.. it gets me mad.
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
I wasn't going to read this forum until I realised that you can't really get a spoiler on fanpop. It would have to be like:
Spoiler alert-Next week the fanpop four unite to rid fanpop of trolls but one of them doesn't survive =O Dum dum dummmm. Ok sorry. Ignore that part.
To answer your question, I'm obviously not high up in the fanpoppy world but as I live outside of the US I dont get to watch the episodes until a day later so if it is a big spoiler then I prefer it when it is labeled as such.
over a year ago inespinto said…
I agree with Germany, when I haven't seen an episode I usually stay clear of the said spot but I can't escape my update box so it annoys me a lot when people don't mark as a spoiler and I end up finding something out I didn't want to
over a year ago Snerkie said…
Yeah, well i think put it under a spoiler for a few days so everyone has the chance to watch (veoh video links are no good for a lot of people i've seen, and myself so if it's a good video upload)
over a year ago ali22 said…
Thanx guys for clearing that up for me.

I hate when some-one posts a pick that reveals what happened in a show before i get the chance to watch it.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
I was gonna to ask about this too! Great minds think alike! Ha ha!

Yeah, I'm not sure about this either because I have seen heaps of things that I just stumble upon, even when I am avoiding a spot! So it seesm like you either have to stay away from Fanpop, or risk getting bombarded with spoilers!
So one time I said to someone who made pick that had a HUGE spoiler in it, that could they next time please mark questions like that as a spoiler. The person told me that it wasn't a spoiler because the episode had aired in their country. I didn't think that was particularly fair, as many people from many different countries are on Fanpop. So, out of respect for other Fanpoppers like myself who are months behind American airings, if I think I'm posting something that could be a spoiler to someone somewhere in the world, then I will mark it a spoiler.

I would love to know what the offical policy is on spoilers, if there is one.
over a year ago Snerkie said…
I don't think there is an "official policy" maybe people can make in tv show spots a forum topic or soapbox on when the show is aired in different countries :) so people have an understanding of these things.
EXACTLY the same thing happened to me misanthrope.

I think thats the whole point in having the spoiler option on picks.....i wish more people would use it.

over a year ago amazondebs said…
wow put spoilers on anything that could be a spoiler even in the buffy spot which the show finished years ago but i know a couple of users who haven't seen all the seasons yet because they have just started watching them form fanpop, you have to remember that picks also appear on the front page of fanpop too
over a year ago PkmnTrainerJ said…
ali, I use the spoiler choice the way I do spoiler tags on the net?

- Is this information about a future episode? SPOILER

- Is this information about an episode aired less than three days ago? SPOILER

- Is this thread marked *SPOILER*? If so, post episode details here.

If I know an episode has recently aired, I steer clear of the spot until I see it. For example, Lost airs at 2AM GMT in USA on Thursday, but I don't usually see it until around seven hours later, but still see spoiler picks come up in my profile, so know in my heart I shouldn't click them.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago amazondebs said…
the trouble with only waiting three days after a episode has been aired is the uk in months behind from american and it's all very well saying they should watch it on the internet but what if they can't or what if they want to watch it on tv with their friends?

personally i say if it could spoil something for someone mark it, and those that are certain (or those that like spoilers) they are all up to date can look at them
I dont mind if someone doesnt mark something as a spoiler a week or so after its been posted on Fanpop. Its when they post stuff that has happened in a show that was only aired the day before. I dont always have the time to watch videos straight away so i think as we have the spoiler option there, we should use it not spoil it for others.