Fanpop Ads

benji posted on Apr 12, 2007 at 08:26PM
Do you get paid per click on those or do you just get paid? I'll click them more often if it helps you build the moolah ^_^

Fanpop 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago dave said…
Haha...wow Benji, you might very well be one of my favorite users of all time! :) That's very thoughtful of you. We're just trying to pay the bills around here so we can keep Fanpop going for all of you wonderful users and work on making it better. But don't feel obligated to click on the ads, just tell more friends to come and join the site so you and PkmnTrainerJ aren't always just talking to one another. :)
over a year ago PkmnTrainerJ said…
How many users are you up to now? And are you considering an end date for the beta stage?

And you didn't technically answer the question. I mean, it's not much to click, and then close the window once it's loaded, and I'm sure people will be glad when you can have better adverts than the 'Hellooo' smilies.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Nav said…
I'm not sure one can answer such a question without the advertisers getting mad (or checking the viewing time for their pages)...
Surely it can be answered via messaging one of us, and then we pass the information on, I mean, surely we all want Fanpop around. 'Tis the greatest place on the web.
over a year ago papa said…
Hey guys, there are two kinds of ads that we run: cpc and cpm. For "cpc" ads (cost per click) we get paid for each click. For "cpm" ads, we get paid regardless of whether or not you click. The cpm and cpc ads run in a lot of the same spots on the site (they alternate).

I believe many advertisers have stipulations in their contracts that you cannot encourage active user ad clicking. And in fact, many ad networks track click behavior and may toss out clicks that they deem fraudulent.

I can't share the usage numbers, suffice it to say that the growth has been good. You can get a sense for some of the stats from the various public metric/tracking services:

link

link

But don't worry, we'll be around for a bit longer (we hope). We've got some sweet new features coming up that we hope will really boost site interaction/usage.
Thanks for the information papa. I will click occasionally then, on the off chance that it is a cpc one, and it won't look like strange behaviour if it is only occasionally.

Blinkin' minkin'!

Projected Monthly Unique Visitors for Fanpop
Global - 794,886
USA - 329,200