Fanpop Fanpodcast - A podcast by and for the fans of Fanpop

PkmnTrainerJ posted on Mar 10, 2008 at 12:36PM
So, I've had this in mind for quite some time to make a podcast for Fanpop (though having discussed it with the guys it will have to be unofficial).

I have all the software that I need now, and have tested it all and my test podcast was compatible with everything I was able to test it with.

Now, I just need:

- At least three more Fanpoppers to be included in the podcast regularly.
- The winner of Fan Of The Fortnight to be avaliable for an interview.

To participate in the podcast you require:

Skype www.skype.com
Microphone

That's all, I'll take care of the encoding and editing and everything else.

Everything else is set up. We have a feed site, an e-mail adress for any fan questions and much more.

If you want to participate, feel free to either discuss it here or chat to me via Skype (IM Chat) at j-sonofrageandlove.

Fanpop 27 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DrDevience said…
I don't have Skype ;(
over a year ago PkmnTrainerJ said…
Skype is free. link
over a year ago neeki said…
I would participate but i don't have a microphone :(
Great idea though!
I thought you had to buy a thingy... I was supposed to get one free from Epinions, but it never reached me. A headset for Skype I believe it was....

I'll go check your link.
over a year ago jighooligan101 said…
dont have a mic :(:( a great idea though will definatley download that
over a year ago miiamya said…
Sounds like a great idea! I have a mic but I'm not sure if I have enough free time to be a regular.
over a year ago tvman said…
I don't have a microphone or a webcam, so it wouldn't be possible for me. Maybe if I do get one in the far, far, far, far, faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr­rrr­rrr­r away future I will consider it.
over a year ago doonis said…
I'd do it sometime, but probably not the first time, and I wouldn't want to be a regular.
over a year ago Temptasia said…
I would love to... I can get skype and a microphone, but you are going to have to explain to me how this works. I am a little technology stupit :P
I'm ready for my close up
over a year ago dazl said…
Sure, just have to get skype, a microphone and someone to explain what to do.
over a year ago TheLostBrotha said…
I'm up for it! I'll get my stuff ready today and try it out tonight!
Cheers for all the response. I have four confirmed members for it now including myself, and will cap the number of at six. dazl is a semi-confirmed member, as I haven't heard back from her yet, so one more?

Also, the first podcast should be up later tonight, but it will be a podcast explaining what the purpose of the podcast is etc. with just me in.
Sorry, J, I got distracted. Yeah, as soon as I can get a mic I'm defuinitrly in. Which could be tomorrow. God I pity you lot, you'll have to listen to me!
Okay, dazl is confirmed too. :) As is harold.

That also gives us even male-female numbers as well, which I was hoping for.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Cinders said…
Sure, I could do it. All I need to do is download skype. Which both my brother and my friend have been demanding I download anyway so they can each talk to me for free from their separate corners of the globe.
Okay, after Cinders, we don't need any more members. Thanks for the quick response guys.
See my email to you. The download part of Skype for the Mac is being an asshole to me...
I can't get on today, because the mic I bought doesn't work. I will be present for next podcast, though.
Recording did not go ahead this week due to technical difficulties.

The next recording will take place on 30th March 2008 at 7PM GMT.
See... Weekends don't work for me. Those are spent with Lars, and not on the computer ;)

I could only do this on a weekday while he is at work.Sorry.

And I am STILL trying to get Skype for Mac downloaded...
Does that mean the doc is out? Sad! What if I need medical attention?
So how's this project going? You still gonna do it tomorrow?
over a year ago Temptasia said…
Hey I can't do it tommarrow. I am on vacation and have very limited internet access. I will be avalible to do it next time though.
I will also probably be unavailable to partake in the event. Most notably because I am not at home, but at this house my folks are house sitting and... well, no access to skype or microphones.
Sorry once again everyone, but I am going to have to delay this again. I'm having problems with my recording software and my microphones. Sorry again.
over a year ago harold said…
Well, just make sure to let us know when you are thinking of doing it again.