Fanpop Question

aholic posted on Mar 02, 2008 at 05:33PM
Hello there!

I have seen spots with moving icons, but when I try to add a moving icon myself, then it does'nt work. Do you know why?

Fanpop 16 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
The same with me! I also tryed to add a moving picture to the gallery (Like the one in the Hilarie Burton photos) but it also didn't move?
over a year ago aholic said…
It's weird, because it works in the Leyton and Chlark spot.
over a year ago PkmnTrainerJ said…
If the .gifs are interlaced it usually works. Fanpop generally flattens (unanimates) .gifs, but you should be able to find one that is okay for it.
over a year ago HannaK said…
I can't even see moving pictures
Thanks PTJ! I will try to find one ;)
I'm blonde. Interlaced .gif? Hmm must go visit google to find out.
over a year ago Snerkie said…
D: just don't do it!!! i want to stab all of those moving icons for the spots, seriously...it's okay to have in the gallery but out of it...>_< no no no
I like them, if they are not confusing or wild.
I want to add them into the gallery though! I now know what a Interlaced gif is but I don't quite understand how it works :S Anyway I wasnt sure hwo to tell if a gif was interlaced or not so now I am trying to see if there is a way to somehow convert normal gifs into interlaced ones......far too confusing for me but i am trying =D
Will you tell me how, when you find out? :D
over a year ago harold said…
As so often, I agree with Snerkie. Using animation for the spot logos is a problem, and becoming more of one, any time a page is displayed that shows multiple spot logos (update pages, lists of your spots, browsing a channel, etc). That much conflicting motion just looks terrible.
last edited over a year ago
yeah it does in leyton, but not in the chlark spot.
So my laptop broke. I am having some severe Fanpop withdrawal issues. However I have found a few programmes that convert gifs into interlaced gifs and now I am just looking for one that is free and not full of crap. Might take me a while because I don't think my laptop will be fixed until Saturday/Sunday however I will report back with results ASAP :D
I just confused myself even more. I saved the picture that is animated int he Hilarie Burton spot and added it again to another spot as a test and it didn't move. Can only certain users add moving images or maybe if you have a medal in it or something because even interlaced images are still when i add them.
over a year ago amazondebs said…
agree with snerkie and harold just don't!
plus a lot of them don't work on my comp and i heard other people saying they don't work on there's so for us it just appears as a red cross in the corner
Yeah but what I was thinking of adding was just a bubble moving inside another bubble than stands still, so it was'nt like the others.