Fanpop Users Hopes, Dreams and Goals

Cinders posted on Oct 26, 2008 at 09:58AM
I'm curious to know what my fellow fanpoppers goals are in life. I don't mean goals on fanpop, but in general, in life. What do you hope to achieve? Of course, if you'd prefer to list fanpop goals ("My goal is to one day get a red medal in the _____ spot") you are completely free to do so.

The reason this is on my mind is because I have to start thinking about my life after I graduate. Do I go to grad school, get my Masters in Teaching? Do I join the Peace Corps and see where that takes me? Do I do Teach For America? I don't know. I'm a little timid, because the requirements to get into grad school are tight, and they only take sixty students a year... I'm really leaning towards the Peace Corps. But all of these options are related to my goal of building schools and improving education systems in nations that need it.

As far as short term goals, I wouldn't mind finding a boyfriend or something... That'd be pretty swell.

Fanpop Users 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
General Goals Of Life: -Find Happiness -Get a Job -Get Married With Someone I Find My True Love. Future Goals: Be a Palaeontologist, Discovering something in Palaeontology that No other Palaeontologist have discovered, Study and graduate university in Australia, to meet a real Palaeontologist, To see a real life dinosaur (which i know is totally impossible, but hey, i have high hopes.)
over a year ago Snerkie said…
Long term goals: No idea at the moment really of where i'm going career wise, i really don't know what there is for me in life and i don't know where exactly to go. Oh oh, but i do know that i want to go to Disneyland one day, nothing gonna stop me with that, even if i'm 80 when i can finally go...I'M GONNA GO TO DISNEYLAND GOD DAMMIT!! (see how lucky a lot of the world is to do that so easily and Australia has to Aussie Disney or nothing)

Short term: To actually do well in the job i just got (haha, checkout chick :)), not get fired...all of that nice stuff. Also get enough hours fortnightly so i no longer have to be bothered by the job network and look for a full time job when i just got a job, damn government.

I have other stuff but it's late to think lots :P
over a year ago Cinders said…
Snerkie, I fully support your goal of going to Disney Land. My cousin went for her honeymoon and they had a blast. I've been to Disney world, but not Disney Land in California. Maybe I'll see you there one day.
oh i will be there...i'll try and hide somewhere and stay for ages XD that's my plan :) yep, it'll happen, determined, lol
over a year ago amazondebs said…
fanpop goals- to ban all people who say "lyke" and make all fanpoppers love buffy (so far i have gotten saul and claire buffy hooked and i got clip to watch but he refuses to admit he loves it)

shorterm goals- pass my a levels and buy everyone kick ass gifts for Christmas, get in to a awesome drama school

longterm goals- i don't really have any, i just know i want to act :)
over a year ago funnyshawna said…
hmm...some longterm/possibly shortterm goals are:
to someday have my knees heal enough so that i can skate again (and maybe get my double axel...)
and for a carreer after i'm done with school i'd really like to do something art-related...graphic design or something?
also i'd really like to be able to send some of my portraits of celebrities to them...
and to get some good music concerts up where i live, or to at least go see one nearby...
i'd really like to paint somethings and sell them...cos i was in this art shop and there were paintings that weren't all that good (in my opinion) that were selling for like 200-1000 dollars....that'd be pretty cool:)

hmm...thats all i can think of at the moment:))

i'd also really like to meet william beckett...
funnyshawna, i believe with events and music and such...if it doesn't come to you, you must go to it! And when you do travel to go to something it's that much more exciting :D
over a year ago ineedcoffee said…
my goals for myself at the moment
long term set up some type of fund to save for retirement(I have never made enough money before to put aside untill this year)...really.

next would be to travel somewhere not within my continent, or maybe just travel no restrictions lol...
over a year ago love_not_war_75 said…
My goal for everyday is to make it to the next day
over a year ago punkymonkey said…
Become A Famous Actress
Or At Least Make It Through Beauty School