Fairy Tail Ongoing Manga Discussions (spoilers included)

akina_blaze posted on Jun 07, 2011 at 07:29AM
are u guys reading the manga??? i can't believe Zeref's alive! i expected him to be the evil old man and all but i was shocked when i saw that the teenager was Zeref. i'm guessing that he bacame immortal at that age itself. at the looks of it he does'nt seem tooo evil now. i can't bear the suspense of Zeref's life in the past and about what will happen to him in the future. i don't want the magic council to arrest him,once everything is solved, for some reason. i was about to cry out when i say the way those creepy frogs were torturing Gerard/Jellal/Siegrain :( it's good that Erza defeated Azuma but the fight i wanna see is between Bluenote and Gildartz (i still can't believe the fact that he is Cana's father) any guesses who the boy (the one dressed in Natsu's clothes) at the end of chapter 234 was?? he too had a fairy tail stamp on his left shoulder.
are u guys reading the manga??? i can't believe Zeref's alive! i expected him to be the evil old man

Fairy Tail 367 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 367

over a year ago Takuya said…
Well about the boy, I have to guess that it is Zeref because he seems to have some connectio to Natsu and this seems to confirm it.

But I wonder about Ultear being an "ally" to Grey I just don't buy that even thou I usually belive that villains change sides.
over a year ago akina_blaze said…
So if the boy is Zeref, it means that that scene of him staring at the sea is from the past of Zeref's life??? I don't think Fairy Tail was even formed that long time back(since he is like over 400yrs old) I'm guessing that he is not Zeref because i strongly believe that scene is shown now in the present; while battle between Fairy Tail and Grimoire Heart is going on.

Yeah...i think the way Ultear reacted when she found Zeref and calling Gray her ally is totally strange
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago wolfmaster3000 said…
okay I got a Ligit question for you guy's ... so if Master hades Taught the seven Kin of purgatorey there Lost Magic's wouldn't Hades himself know how to use Godslayer, Arcembodiment, explosion magic Etc.
That's a question i've been thinking about too. I know that Hades has personally trained and raised the Seven Kin of Purgatory, who had the knowledge of lost magic. But it does not necessarily mean that Hades himself actually knows those magics. We still do not know the true extent of his magic. I guess we need to still read the manga further after it releases to know if Hades posses those magics.
see what first lead me to this is when Zancrow sais he his godslayer magic was taught to him by Hades ..the other's I can see hades not knowing but just haveing the Knowledge and teaching it to his Student's but not godslayer ..I persnally think you'd have to be trained by a god to know about it
I agree. But i personally hate Hades and doing some research on him is quite annoying. Who'd have guessed he was the previous master of Fairy Tail???

over a year ago BakaOnibi said…
surprise
You think there's any point trying to revive this thread?
Everyone who likes the manga lets get a discussion going, share your opinions, predictions whatever.

Ok, time for me to sound like an over-excited 13 year old fan girl. "Omg omg omg, chapter 307 was so amazing. I mean, yeah like, Gray was shown with Rufus' hat again, sooo hawt!"
Now back to serious: yeah, it was a good chapter. I never though Minerva could be so cruel. But in all seriousness, does anyone think Lecter may not be alive as Minerva she says. I don't want to bum you guys out, but I think Minerva didn't save Lecter and is just using Sting's emotions to make him win.
Also what do you think of the Garou knights? Too many new characters this arc? I bet Mashima is going to show us some new lost magics soon, although does it not seem as though lost magics were meant to be "lost" and yet so many people in the modern era know some kind of lost magic.

Come on guys, don't limit the discussion to the FT wall. Let's get everyone talking.
Well To be honest I really fucking hate how Fairy Tail is now easily winning OVER EVERYTHING. it's reall pissing me off because in my Opinion 1 Rufus had the better magic & was so much stronger than Gray could ever Imagine to be. 2 Sabertooth is currently number 1 you don't get that title just by lazing around all day. it's really annoying like there's no point to Sabertooth if FT is just gonna wipe the floor with them pretty much blind folded. I think Rufus got hit once. I doubt one hit would of K.O'd him. Anywho I am enjoying the arc
tongue
True true. Sometimes its ridiculous how Fairy Tail wins fights. Judging from what we had seen of both Gray and Rufus, that fight should not have been over so quickly. I will admit that fair enough, the protagonists should put up a good fight and win in the final event, but seriously? Gray comes out with some overpowering move that seems to be copying Erza (infinite weapons made of ice/requip). It's just "need a new way for character to defeat skilled opponent... new powerful attack". Anyway, if Rufus used the same tactic he used against Nullpuding in the first event, it would have been better. I thought that was one of Rufus' best moves, afterimage, unless you can predict his movements, which I doubt Gray would, you wouldn't be able to hit him. Let's hope the other members of Sabertooth put up a better fight, and Jura and Leon too.
Rufuses Magic in general had the upper hand. Sting & Rouge I don't mind so much there just Dragon slayers and honestly they fucking deserved it XD. But I'm looking forward to seeing some Rouge vs Gajeel
Yeah, Sting and Rogue were really arrogant and annoying, its just hilarious how easily Natsu beat them down, especially after they were seemingly winning the fight at first. To be honest I'm not really that interested in Rogue and Gajeel, I'm more interested in seeing Laxus vs Orga, hoping for a Lightning God Slayer reveal.
over a year ago starprincess7 said…
smile
that would be awesome !!! :)
I already know Orga's the lighting God slayer his Lighting was black. like the Sheilia's Wind. I also want to know who is going to deal with Jura. He seems to be the obstacle to beat here.
big smile
Well, I'm being weary of calling Orga a God Slayer before there is an actual confirmation, because if you think about his only confirmed attack name "120mm Black Lightning Cannon", it doesn't fit in with the God Slayer naming conventions:
Flame God's Bellow
Sky God's Bellow
Sky God's Dance
Flame God's Scythe
etc.
So he may not be a God Slayer and just know some Lightning magic variant which is black.

As for Jura, I want to see a three-sided battle: Jura vs Erza vs Minerva. That would be the battle of the tournament.
over a year ago pjwoww said…
smile
I do not how you think but i am also waiting for the fight Juvia vs. Minerva or Kagura .....Because I want Juvia show her true powers :)
big smile
and BakaOnibi I know that Fairy Tail wins fights easily but Hiro is making something big about Grand Magic Games so he is not very concentrated on Gray fight (this is my opinion)
Okay if your going by that Logic Laxus doesn't fit in wit the Dragon slayers ^_^ "Raging Bolt" , "Thunder God Palace" & a few other unamed Lighting like moves. He's keeping his Slayer arts a secert also Wendy to "MIlky way" & "ArmorXArmsXVeinier" & Healing not Slayer like. ^_^ but they both turned out to be Dragon slayers. Just because your a Dragon Slayer or a God slayer doesn't mean you have to use the Magic in that form. his nickname is also "LIghting God Orga" & "Ogra of the Black Lighting" I think Minerva & kagura are going after Erza.
OK, from what I can find out, it seems Laxus can use both Lightning magic and Lightning Dragon Slayer magic. Those attacks that you named are not Dragon Slayer magic. "Raging Bolt" being lightning magic, and "Thunder Palace" being a combination of lightning and organic link. Laxus didn't limit himself to just Dragon Slayer magic, and it is likely that he had already started learning magic before he had his lacrima implanted. Also if you think about Dragon Slayer magic, many of Laxus' attacks such as "Raging Bolt" and "Lightning Eruption" just don't seems like Dragon Slayer attacks, they don't envelop his body in lightning, he is not breathing it, eating it, he doesn't take on the properties of a dragon other than his attacks specifically named "Lightning Dragon's XXX".

As for Wendy, I acknowledge that she's an exception. Though it seems to be only her non-draconic attacks that do not begin "Sky Dragon's". The attacks that are entirely unique to a Sky Dragon are the only ones that she does not use the prefix.

By the way, I wasn't saying that Orga is not a Dragon Slayer, I'm just saying there is a chance that he is not, so you shouldn't jump to conclusions. Also where have you gotten these nicknames from? These nicknames have never been used, especially not "Lightning God Orga". "Orga of the Black Lightning" was a chapter title, and has never actually been said by any characters.

And yeah, I forgot about Kagura. Need Erza vs Kagura, the two swordswomen.

pjwoww, yeah fair point, but still Gray vs Rufus was a fight I was waiting to see and it was just disappointing.
when he steps into the ring the annoying accouner himself said "It's Orag of the black lighting from Sabertooth" All of the God slayers thus far have had BLACK ELEMENTS. Sheila had Black wind, Zancrow had Black Flames. Unless he's fusing his Magic with Darkness or has it under some kind of effect. Everything is pointing out to him being a God slayer. If you go re-read Clash of tiny fists when Shelia reveals her magic Orga sais "That brat" now that just seems oddly spefic for him to randomly hate on Shelia. I think he's a God slayer. All of the facts & Evidence of what we know of God slayers is pointing up to it. & Laxus does have Dragon slayer magic he just doesn't use it Oftein because it was his dads Idea & as we saw Laxus hated his father. On that note I wonder what Raven tail is really up to seemed odd that they went down so easily.
I went back and checked when Orga steps into the ring, and no they do not say "of the black lightning". They say "Sabertooth, Orga Nanagear".

And I'm going to make myself very clear this time. I agree with you I THINK that Orga is a God Slayer. But I hate it when people going around saying things that have yet to be proven, like they are facts. So please wait until there is an actual confirmation before saying "Orga IS a God Slayer" and please stick with "I think" or "He is probably". My whole argument has been trying to show you that there is the slightest chance that Orga may not be a God Slayer, that there is still a way out for Mashima if he suddenly decides "you know what, I don't want Orga to be a God Slayer". So stop trying to argue with me because it's getting you nowhere.

As for Orga saying "That brat...", well done you've found something that is actually in the manga. Yes this points towards him being a God Slayer, but again it is not concrete proof.

And yes I know Laxus has dragon slayer magic, I was just proving that he does not only use dragon slayer magic to support my argument. As for Raven Tail, I think Ivan just has a grudge against Makarov. They'll probably show up again some other time.

So in summary:
Theory - Orga the God Slayer: I think he is, you think he is; but there is a chance he is not.
I think there in League with Tarterus. Well what Iwan said to Laxus only makes me curouis & the dude with that blue Imp thing sent his Imp thing away. & in conjuction It'd be stupid if 1. Orgra had some grudge against Shelia for no reason 2. , unlike Dragon Slayers, no matter what element the God Slayer uses, it is black in color. Like that'd be like having sting & Rouge hate on Natsu & Gajeel than just be regular mages who use Light magic & Darkness Magic. I'm also wondering why Mashima is starting to have God Slayers appear some what out of nowhere. it's Curious. But Ignoring the Grand Magic games I want them to get back on topic with the hooded chick who i'm postive is Lucy or Levy from the Future gonna have some DBZ like shit go down.
Well I personally doubt they have anything to do with Tartaros, but it's not like I can disprove it. Well, whatever Ivan/Raven Tail's problem is, it's some long lasting grudge they've got going on. I mean, back in Ch128 Fantasia, Ivan said that he wants Laxus' lacrima to sell for money to fund a war against Fairy Tail. They disappear for 7 years and Ivan still hates Fairy Tail, it just makes you wonder why. It is probably something to do with why Ivan was excommunicated, possibly something to do with Lumen Histoire.
"Blue imp"? Looks brown to me. But yeah, it escaped so it's likely that Raven Tail are going to escape and cause some more trouble for Fairy Tail at some point.

Yes it would be stupid for him to randomly hate Chelia, but still, there may be some explanation other than him being a God Slayer. He have met her before, and only just recognised her when she used her magic.
I have no idea what you're trying to say about the Dragon Slayers there but you got me thinking. What would the Shadow God's magic be like?
Well maybe Mashima is trying to start up some new plot threads, with the God Slayers appearing. Since it seems like the biggest plot thread, the dragons' disappearance will be solved soon; Mashima probably wants to keep Fairy Tail going, but needs some new stuff which will keep people interested.
As for the hooded girl, Lucy seems to be the most popular theory, I personally can't see it being Levy. I think it she is Layla; it would tie in with the indications of the dragons returning seeing as she "died" on the same day that they disappeared.
Wouldn't make sense for Layla to cry when she Natsu & Gajeel fighting she doesn't know who they are. It would of made more sense for that cyring scene than to be placed when Lucy was fighting flare. I just hope they stay away from that time travel thing they want to do with sending Natsu & what not back in time. that would ruin fairy tail for alot of people. But on the Note of Natsu going back in time I think if they go that route we'd find out that Natsu is actually Igneel and trains himself.
Well, what that do you know about Layla other than her being Lucy's mother, a celestial spirit wizard, she once worked at a merchant's guild, married Judo Heartfilia, she became ill and gave away her celestial spirits and died at the age of 29.
There are a lot of gaps in her life that we don't know about. If you have seen my previous theories that I put up over this spot, I think that the Dragon Slayers came from the past but there was some kind of mistake and they lost their memories of what happened, hence when they woke up, dispersed across Fiore, they thought that their dragons had abandoned them.
We know that the Eclipse plan, time travel magic, requires all 12 Zodiac gates. What if Layla is somehow involved in all this (she is known to have had 3 zodiac keys) and is the one who brought the Dragon Slayers to the present? Maybe she got trapped in the past and has only just gotten back. There are too many variables to consider before you just denounce something.

Yes it is likely to be Lucy, but to me she seems too easy of an answer. I want Mashima to surprise us, make it someone no one would suspect; have Porlyusica find the fountain of youth and travel back in time.

Yes, time travel could ruin the series, and usually does. But the time travel arc was my favourite part of Rave Master, another of Mashima's mangas, so I have high hopes that if he does write a time travel arc for Fairy Tail, he can make it a success.

Ha, just the thought of Natsu actually being Igneel. Well it is possible as Acnologia was once human.
IF ANYTHING my Theory is it's going to be like DBZ Fture Lucy Levy or whoever the hooded person is shows us what happend in there time & you see the fall of fairy tail as that's what Levy was strongly hinting at along with the deaths of at least one person. The one she cared about most. After witch hooded person will show us how to stop the Given bad guy witch i'm surprised is Zeref as he really didn't want to kill or harm anyone. The theory of Dragon Slayers coming from the past to the future wouldn't make sense it'd end up being as bad as Naruto & Bleach at that point. That's the only Value this time travel would bring is I want to see 1. Acnologia's human form 2. what his element (likely Death or Unholy in my opinion) & some other cool dragon slayers. who knows maybe even a descendant of Natsu.
Your theory just seems a bit cliche for me. I don't know, I just think Mashima could come up with something a bit more original.

Doesn't make sense? You need to get inside my head.
The theory is that the Dragons were in trouble from Acnologia and Zeref. So they sent the young Dragon Slayers to the future where they would grow up get stronger to the point where they would be able to possibly travel back in time and defeat Zeref. Which is where my theory of Layla ties in, they couldn't possibly have known that Lucy (or any Celestial Spirit Wizard) would get involved in the future, so they must have had Layla help them so she could now send them back in time. There maybe a few holes in this theory but it does make sense.

I have never seen/read Naruto or Bleach, so can't comment on that.

Acnologia's element, well he is the "Black Dragon of the Apocalypse"; I assume the latter is just a title, but it could indicate Death. But the "Black Dragon", I would assume its element is related to Weisslogia the White Dragon somehow, so you're idea of Unholy makes sense since the White Dragon uses Holy Light; so maybe Darkness.
well Rouge's element is Darkness though he sais he's the "Shadow Dragon Slayer". But I'd perfer if Fairy tail just stayed away from time Travel. Again Layla wouldn't know anyone from fairy tail besides Lucy unless she once was a part of FT during Mavis or Pureheitos time. witch could make sense because FT wasn't popular at that time. IT seems it grew in populairty with Makarovs generation. as commented by Jose way back when XD. I also would like to see THE OTHER FUCKING WIZARD SAINTS they talk about them all the time. Jura also said "it's almost time for the meeting of the 10" or something along those lines. Excluing EX saints Jellal & Jose I wanna know who else is one T_T
monkey
Well, in reality shadows are areas of darkness. But in terms of Fairy Tail magic, I believe they are different things. Rogue's magic is Shadow not Darkness; he attacks with shadows in comparison to Darkness magic users, like Brain and Jose.

Again stressing my point that if she is involved in time travel she could know Natsu and the other Dragon Slayers. I doubt she was once part of Fairy Tail.
Also, do you have information about the amount of members from Mavis' and Purehito's reigns; Jose was angry about Fairy Tail becoming popular and powerful in the past few years, because of new members like Mystogan, Erza and Mirajane. Most of them joining as children within the past 10 years (talking pre-timeskip). And during the time-skip Fairy Tail became unpopular, and now will probably be popular again. Powerful wizards come and go, so does popularity; who's to say that Mavis didn't make the guild popular but then loads of people left because they didn't like Purehito (this is all a huge speculation, but still).
I'm going to try to get off the Layla subject now, anything else you want to argue about? lol

Remember the Wizard Saints are the 10 "most powerful" wizards on the continent, not just in Fiore. It's understandable why we haven't seen them all yet. To be honest I'm surprised that at one point Fiore had 4 Saints. But yeah, all the Wizard Saints gathering would be awesome.
I know Jura mentioned something of the 10 gathering. & Makarov was Master when Mira, Erza, Natsu, Gray & Mystogan joined as childern he's shown as Master in Laxus childhood so Pureheito cut his rule short for reasons we've seen. BUT I do want to see some Mages from Mavises time. It seems again only speculation she has something to do with Zeref or knows him in some way. gaaa it's bugging me for the Life of me XD XD I can't rember the damn chapter where Jura sais the 10 saints are gathering soon.
Yeah, I've looked for the quote, "The traditional gathering is drawing near, Makarov" (Jura to Makarov). Well, it doesn't even say 10 in the manga, maybe it is slightly changed in the anime; can't be bothered to check it, and this is meant to be manga discussion. But I can't think of who else would be gathering at the moment, unless it's the regular Guild Master meeting, that would hardly be noteworthy though.
I would love to see Mavis' teammates; I remember it was mentioned she was part of a team.
In truth, I have seen any indication of them knowing each other (Mavis and Zeref), I think it's just fans getting excited that these two new outstanding characters have both shown up in a short amount of time.

So what do you think of the new chapter?
We get to see the Garou (Hungry Wolves) Order's magics(well most of them). And Mirajane using Sitri again, albeit not very much).
I'm very curious about the paper magic. "Red paper is the god of flames"? So she can make paper with different attributes?
And the girl who can summon huge man-eating plants. Freaky.
Do you think Fairy Tail can beat the Fiore Army's strongest knights?
in regards to the paper person when she said "the red paper is the God of flames" I was like paper God slayer ? XD. But I find them to b pretty cool so far i'm interested in the guy Natsu ended up with & the one whose fighting Panther lily seems to be interesting too. I also found the plant Magic girl had interesting power to an extent I wonder if it's like Lucy said I type of summoning magic or if she can just make plants grow rapidly.
Well, there wasn't much to talk about last week's chapter, but continuing the paper discussion into ch309. Now we have "green paper is the god of poison". How many colours of paper does she have?
Loki took his precious time. But now the 12 zodiacs, plus the supposed 13th are back, it's going to be an awesome fight.
I feel really sorry for Arcadios, I feel so bad that I used to think he was evil. But at least Horologium saved him.

As for the guy Natsu is against, we still don't get to see his magic, disappointing. All he does is swing his weapon (scythe?) around.
Also do you think Wendy will win her fight? Doesn't look like she is going to last very long. Someone else will probably come and save her.
I'm looking forward to all 12 spirits fighting together, Yeah I was actually hoping Arcadios was dead some one in FT whose a main character needs to DIE and fast I'm loosing interest rather quickly. yeah paper chick is werid =/. Not liking how quickly Natsu looks to be over whelming his oppenet but I think Sycthre guy hasn't shown what he can really do yet. Panther Lily's opponet looks tuff to
True true, there isn't enough death in Fairy Tail. They do some of the most ridiculous things, like jumping into lava, and yet there is barely any death.
I don't think any of the Garou Knights have shown their full potential yet, but Lily does seem to have pulled the short straw on matchups. Sword vs Acid.
smile
Hi !! :) I'm going to join you all in this forum :) I liked the new chapter, the 2 new girls in the hell palace have powers which are quite interesting. I wonder what's happening at the arena right now...............
Welcome to the discussion.

Well, I'm curious about all of their magics' but Kamika (paper girl) and Uosuke (terrain guy) mostly. Their magics seem very rounded, leaving little openings. Kamika probably hasn't shown near all of of her paper variants, she likely has a paper variant to combat any kind of magic. Uosuke's magic seems very adaptable as well, so far he has used gravity and lava; and he can probably do a lot more than that. Yukino will probably use Libra to counteract the gravity manipulation, but who knows what else Uosuke has up his sleeves.

I'm starting to think that Cosmos (plant girl) is simply an expert in Caster-based Plant Magic, nothing new, nothing special. Summoning a large flytrap has also been used by Yaeger from Quatro Cerberus during the Hidden event in the Grand Magic Games. I think Cosmos is just a more powerful mage than him. (That or we never got to see Yaeger's true potential.) I also want to point out, not the same Plant magic as Droy, he is Holder-based.

As for the other two, Acid and who knows.

Back in the arena, Fairy Tail must be kicking butt.
Hey! I will join to.
Loki is back and he said all 12th keys are together but where is 13th key?In the order of the hungry wolfs all magic is weird but I really like paper magic.That male to which Natsu is fighting(i dont know his name) what is his magic ?Swords or what...
What everybody thinks about eclipse project? I dont really want that to happen because it will change everything....Grays parents wont be death,and he wont be in Fairy Tail guild probably and etc. :(((((
smile
The eclipse plan will change a lot of things, not only will Gray nor join Fairy Tail, Juvia won't meet him. :(
Moreover, even Lyon, Sherry, eyebrow-fellow(what's his name ?? ) and the other fellow (wouldnt have joined Lamia scale and wouldn't have become evil in the middle. I think even the Tower of Heaven wouldn't have been built then and Jellal and Erza wouldn't have met. :'( I think the dragons are also related to this project so maybe it would have an effect on Natsu's future too. :( I also wonder what will happen to Lucy and Yukino then............. Too much wondering ????? :)
The eclipse plan will change a lot of things, not only will Gray nor join Fairy Tail, Juvia won't mee
many chapters ago Carla saws mercurius collapse and Lucy singing what you guys think about that?What will happen?
many chapters ago Carla saws mercurius collapse and Lucy singing what you guys think about that?What
smile
I think the Lucy singing part is a part of the Eclpise project. Like when they conduct it, there will be so much magic power over there that the castle begins to collapse and Lucy is singing or casting a spell unconsciously or something. She even has some tears so something bad must have bad must have happened. :(
@pjwoww: Loki said the 12 keys because there are only 12 zodiacs, the 13th refers to something that resurfaces in the media every now and again. I will try to explain this simply, the 12 zodiacs are astrological signs used to represent times of the year. The names of these were taken from the 12 constellations of the ecliptic, the path of the sun. Back in 1930, the constellation boundaries were redefined so that a 13th constellation now lies on the ecliptic, Ophiuchus. But it is NOT a zodiac. Despite originally being named after the constellations, the zodiacs have nothing else to do with the constellations associated with them. The dates that make that zodiac your star sign are different than the dates that the sun passes through a constellation; the zodiac dates are equally divided for a year, where as the are different for constellations, for example Virgo takes 45 days, but Scorpius is just 7. A new constellation on the ecliptic does not change the zodiacs; many people misunderstand this and so the subject crops up every now and again. Mashima included Ophiuchus as the "rumoured" 13th zodiac, but has not said that it is actually a zodiac.

Well that was a long explanation.

Yeah, I agree, time travel could change too much and could cause a paradox. They would need to travel back without changing the past so that they don't destroy the universe.
What if instead of going back to kill Zeref, they go back to find a way to kill Zeref in the present? Like they could go back in time and find out how he became immortal, so that they can reverse it in the present. That way everything stays the same and they can defeat Zeref, and possibly find out some more things while they are in the past.

As for Mercurius, I have no idea.

Do you think Mashima is putting in a lot of god references recently? A new God Slayer, and probably another. Minerva, named after a Roman Goddess. Mercurius named after a Greek God. A girl who refers to her paper as the "God of [xxx]".
I also want to point out that God in Japanese is kami-sama, where as paper is just kami; some significance there?
If you think of any more recent God references share them; don't say Loki, he's been around for ages.
smile
@BakaOnibi There was Hades too, God of the Underworld. I cant think of many but the paper and god thing is quite suspicious I never noticed it, thank you for sharing it ! :)
smile
@BakaOnibi thanks for very detailed explanation and for really its really weird but I didnt noticed those Gods too much them! :)
So since the Tenrou arc we've been getting Gods?
Although Hades did first appear (as a shadow/silhouette) in the Nirvana arc.(Not sure if his name was mentioned there, but they have his voice in the Tower of Heaven arc.)
Wonder if Mashima is planning something or just feels like naming things after Gods.
over a year ago wishey said…
I never notice the god thing before. Thanks for pointing that out.
Anyway, back tracking to Mercurius. Yeah starprincess7, it probably has something to do with Eclipse that is making Mercurius collapse. As for Lucy singing, the song may be an incantation used to activate Eclipse. This is all merely speculation, but I can't think of anything else to explain it at the moment, and Lucy doesn't seem the kind to stand there singing when a big, destructive, and likely not so happy event is happening right in front of her.
Bingo !!! I found another god reference. When Makarov and Hades battle for the first time in the Tenrou Island Arc, I think Hades uses this Amaterasu Spell thing. Amaterasu is the goddess of the sun or something in Japan so that could be another god reference. Anyways, remember that in Chapter 309, Loke says that all the 12 zodiac keys are united and now they can battle back very powerfully or something ? What do you think will happen when all the 12 Zodiac Keys are united ????? :)
Bingo !!! I found another god reference.  When Makarov and Hades battle for the first time in  the Te
My God you're right. Amaterasu, the goddess of the sun and of the universe, in the Shinto religion.
Too many God references!

The only reference to the 12 zodiacs coming together is what Yukino said to Lucy. "You'll have all the twelve keys. Then you will be able to open the gate to changing the world." Yukino only knows this ancient legend, nothing more of it. I believe it is a gate of time-travelling magic, hence the Eclipse project.
smile
@BakaOnibi I see, I hope the "one magic" is something like what Lucy said, Love or something good. :)
By the way, (( I hope its not annoying >_<)) I found another god reference, Bacchus-God of Harvest and Wine. God of wine,mmmmmmmmmm....., Cana, can you hear me ????? :D
I wonder how Zeref know Natsu................
I really don't hope that it is love. Not just in Fairy Tail, it annoys me about how many different series go on with Love will make you stronger. Having love be the one magic will be so frustrating, but it will probably end up that way now that Lucy has said it (,that or we will never find out).

Don't worry about annoying me, it's good to know all of the God references. And yeah, Bacchus the Roman version of Dionysus, the Greek God of the grape harvest, wine-making and wine, of ritual madness and ecstasy. Keep up the good work; I really can't be bothered myself to go through every noun mentioned and search for a God reference.

And you reminded me of my idea earlier; when I said what if they only go back to find a way to kill Zeref so that they can do so in the present; doing this would avoid the paradox situation and prevent any changes to the present. So now I'm thinking they go back to before Zeref became evil and immortal, but Zeref knows he will probably turn evil at some point. He gets friendly with Natsu, and tells him how to kill him in case such things would happen. Can't be bothered to find the exact quote but Zeref does say something like Natsu is not ready yet (when Natsu punches him); this could mean Zeref realised that Natsu has not travelled back in time yet, so he knows Natsu does not know how to kill him yet.