Dragons The Alliance: Falling Shadows (based on the roleplay)

dragonsmemory posted on Mar 08, 2012 at 03:52AM
In modern-day Earth, not many people believe in dragons. Humans build cities and move on, leavingg the ruins to crumble. Yet their are still dragons in the skies.

A deadly enemy has been released, tanks to a careless experiment. It's up to a group of mismatched dragons to muster their powers and fight back.
Twera: pregnant and nearly blind, she uses her mind to fight and solve problems.
Thunderhawk: Twera's brother. He's a warrior. Sitting around and relaxing never appeal to him.
Nemesis: among the oldest, she follows her own plans. Most of them are for the good of all.
Nimi: another of the elders, she's more motherly, especially to Twera.
Follow these dragons, and their friends, on the adventure that leads to te end of everything they've ever known as they strive to restore Balance to the world.

Dragons 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago dragonsmemory said…
The Characters

THE ALLIANCE
Nemesis
Gymish
Nimi
Thunderhawk
Twera
Clat
Mini
Subnova
Nlaa
Darkco
THE HUMANS
Glid
Clat's rider
Hawk
Puma
Shark
Dog
Rabbit
Helen
Brody
Hare
Mossy
Boxer
Tiger
Bigfoot
Whip
Ferret
Tom Tomcat
Fox
Skunk
Bag Gab
Mr. Thief
Cece
Drew
Sammy
THE GREAT ONES
Fire
Death
Draco
Water
Life
Earth
Air
Light
Dark
Balance
MISC. CHARACTERS
Gri
Kira
Blackhawk
Rheona
Rockpeke
Vortexsa

These are the characters. They are listed by type, ten in te order in which they appear in the story. Nlaa is listed with the Alliance as he is Twera's True Love.
OUTLINE OF CHAPTERS

Book 1: Earthlife
Part 1: Gathering Shadows
Part 2: Song of Hope
Part 3: Dragon's Sorrow
Book 2: Windows and Doorss
Part 1: Beginnings
Part 2: Adventures in a New Land
Part 3: Endings of Many Kinds
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Dear Reader,
The story you are about to read would not have been possible without the roleplayers of Fight Back. This one's for you, guys.
Also, the arrangement of chapters may change. I'll edit the list if that does happen.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago greekgirlA said…
i like how you described Nemesis. but after....don't want to spoil it but after some dragon dies she is the eldest.
when's the first chap?
smile
soon i hope
Soon. This wekend, I hope
it is this weekend
Maybe sometime during the week
BOOK 1: EARTHLIFE

PART 1: GATHERING SHADOWS

Chapter 1: Two in a Cave
Down in the town, humans lived their comfortable lives, untouched by most of the world. Tonight, the weather is particularly bad. A blizzard moved into the area. It isn't fit weather for man or beast. Yet, fighting her way through the swirling snow is something that is neither one nor the other.
Nemesis, a healthy dragon of five centuries, fought to keep her course in the storm. She may have gotten a bit stout in her later years, but that won't keep her from her travels. The winds changed direction every few seconds. At some points, they threatened to dash her against the mountains, invisible in the snow. At others, they forced her far off course.
Just as she reached the limits of her endurance, which is no easy feat, she saw the cave. It would be a dry place to rest before moving on. She forced herself down for a landing.
As she landed onthe broad ledge, another dragon stepped out. His name was Gymish. At ten centuries of age, he was twice as large as Nemesis. His bulky frame nearly filled the cave entrance.
"Enter and be welcome," he said.
"Thank you, Gymish," Nemesis replied, walkin inside. "The storm is getting fairly bad. I did not want to hit any planes, curse the humans."
"Well, at least we can make some friends with them if they don't run in fear." Gymish laid on the cave floor. He wsinced only slightly when he put pressure on his injured foot.
Nemesis laid down as well. "How did you hurt your foot?"
"Stepping on a broken metal pole." He settled into a more comfortable position.
"That must be horrible! Human?"
Gymish yawned. "No. Ruins. Was walking through some old abandoned town."
"So human, they leave their useless, on-living towns to get others hurt by them"
"What's caused you to be so bitter about the humaans?" Now that he was finally comfortable, Gymish laid his head on the cave floor.
Nemesis tossed her head. "The death of my friend," she said, laying her head down as well. "And the attempted murder of me."
"Not all humans are bad, you know. One of my best friends is human…sort of. I'm meeting him and his secret lover here in two days' time. You are free to join me if you want." As he spoke, the older dragon looked outside, watching the storm.
"Ok." It was impossible for Nemesis to form a more coherent answer, as she had fallen asleep.
Gymish looked at her sadly and shook his head. "I guess I'll take the first watch then."
wink
nice,but i thought i put that nemi is 3,000 years? 5 centuries is 500.also, plz put that she lay as far as possible from the fire. but i liked it.
I'm writing based entirely off the posts. I only found 500 in the forum
hmmm
realy? i need to change that
post soon!
.....dm? .....are you there?