Disney Princess POTM Forum

dclairmont posted on Apr 07, 2014 at 04:05AM
Hello fellow Fanpoppers, this is dclairmont, your king, bow to me, for I am the POTM.

//uh hehe, anywaysssss. THis is a forum to celebrate the POTM! Basically you can discuss her movies, the princess, the princes, rate the movie, talk about what you like, dislike, what you'd change, favorite scenes, etc.

The POTM for this month is Cinderella!

Disney Princess 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago MacytheStrange said…
Opinions on Cinderella (character) by MacytheStrange

I used to really like Cinderella, she was my favorite Classic and fifth on my favorites list. But then I rewatched the movie, and she moved down on my list until she hit last place.

Things I like of her: We do see a little of her bitterness, and that's good. But not much. And I do like her optimism, although it's paired with a passivity that I dislike. Also, she has a nice singing voice.

Things I don't like of her: Like I've said before, I'm not a fan of her passivity. In a weird sort of way, she's way too content with her situation for my liking. I also think she's kind of bland, doesn't have any flaws besides the aforementioned passivity, which doesn't exactly count, and I don't think she's a very good role model to be honest. All in all, I'm just not that interested in Cinderella.

More to come about Cinderella and it's various entities, probably. Although I don't know how many will agree with me, since most of our active Fanpoppers have her pretty high on their lists.
CRaZy_rawR commented…
*clappity clap clap* over a year ago
over a year ago Flutey_Girl96 said…
Cinderella was 5th on my list, but when Anna and Elsa came along, she slipped down to 7th. I wish I could have her higher, but I just love the other six too much!
Anyway, my thoughts on Cindy:
She's a good character, and I love how she isn't this perfect little maiden, but actually has some opinions and sarcasm inside of her. I don't like how we see so little of that, but I know that's mainly because of the era her movie was made in.
Her voice, both singing and speaking, is awesome! I much prefer her rendition of "Sing, Sweet Nightingale" over the step-sisters'.
She has the most piercing blue eyes I have ever seen on any animated character ever. They're just perfect eyes, and the rest of her looks accentuate her eyes, which I find awesome.
She's so patient and enduring, putting up with everything, but I have to agree with Maisie that she does take it a bit passively. Again, I know it's because of the era her movie was made in, but I wish we could've seen some more action from her, rather than the mice making the first dress, then having help from the fairy godmother.
That's all I can think of for now, but when I think of more, I'll probably post it as a comment :)
MacytheStrange commented…
You listed all the things I like about Cinderella! Well, except for her eyes, I'm not a fan of them. But still, nice job. over a year ago
over a year ago CRaZy_rawR said…
I like Cinderella. She is the only one I don't love though. We see a bit of snark and some admirable qualities, like patience and putting up with crap, but I really am not interested in her character. She is my least favorite, but she does inspire me a bit, because in no way, shape or form am I patient, kind, or can tolerate people. Again, I like her, but for the majority of the time she bores me..
I agree. :) over a year ago
over a year ago RoseOfRapunzel said…
Why I love Cinderella

One of the reasons I love Cinderella is for the same reason I love every other Princess- they all have something I can stand up for. And in this case I can stand up for her 'weakness.'
So a lot of people nitpick on the princesses, Snow White is apparently dumb, Merida is a horrible role model ect. From a bunch of my articles you can tell I strongly disagree with these accusations.
Cinderella isn't weak, remember how she pointed her finger and snapped at her horrible family members? That's pretty brave and not very weak. As some say why didn't she just call someone for family abuse or run away. Do you know how hard that would even be? I positively hate it when someone makes accusations like that. They wouldn't even know what it would be like in her place. Also, unlike us, she's very patient, which is a marvelous trait to have. Cinderella is a great character in so many ways. One of the main reasons I love her is because she isn't what people assume she is.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Silverrose1991 said…
I just love Cinderella!

She, her story, the message she teaches are just beautiful: through all that happened to her, she still believed. I think that is Disney's greatest message: we always should hope for a better tomorrow.

I think Cinderella is a very well-rounded character. She has plenty of qualities I admire: patience, kindness, hope and her witty sense of humor amuses me. However, she also has her fair share of flaws: she daydreams, is bitter, revengeful (she was going to chase Lucifer with a broom before the doorbell rang), vain, conceited (ironically, since at the same time she is very humble)... Hypocritical even, when she reprimands Lucifer for dreaming of catching Lucifer moments after saying "they can't order me to stop dreaming".

Now, I don't find Cinderella passive: her role in the story is passive, because she's mainly there to be helped by others. But she asserts herself to the stepfamily and demands that they let her attend the ball. I think she obeyed their orders because she had no choice: running away? Unlikely. We can see Cinderella's kingdom is very patriarchal and the woman's "job", per say, is birthing and educating her husband's children. Besides, Lady Tremaine could catch her sneaking out of the house or want her servant back: after all, she doesn't have money to afford a servant. And it's her father's house, a place that is special to Cinderella because she is very family-oriented (did you notice she runs to the fountain we see her with her father in the prologue?).

Calling her a doormat, weak, helpless or anything similar is victim-blaming and honestly, I think you can tell a lot about a person by the way they view fictional characters, so yes, I will judge you if you find her to be any of that.

I can see why Cinderella isn't everyone's favorite: she might not be the most interesting character to some people (though I find her quite the opposite), and she doesn't have the most active role ever in her own story, but she's truly my favorite, because Cinderella embodies everything a princess should be and her hopeful soul inspires me.
I just love Cinderella!

She, her story, the message she teaches are just beautiful: through all th
RoseOfRapunzel commented…
*room falls silent* over a year ago
*starts to clap* over a year ago
*everyone claps too* over a year ago
Well then, I guess you've been judging me for the past few months, if you remember our debate on Cinderella we had a while ago. Good to know. And I have to say you're quite possibly Cinderella's biggest fan on this site, I personally have problems with Cinderella's passivity and her story's message for a deeply personal reason, but I can see why some like it. :) over a year ago