Disney Princess Team Mulan

shanyuisboss posted on Feb 22, 2014 at 01:33AM
Alright, now that the team games are up again, we've gotten our team Mulan up again with new members! This time it's a fresh new start and I think it'll be lots of fun!

STOP SCROLLING
If you are not part of this team

The members are:
shanyuisboss
fiina
Shiki_Otherside

Well, let's get started team!

Picture credit: Tiffany88
Alright, now that the team games are up again, we've gotten our team Mulan up again with new members!
last edited on Feb 27, 2014 at 08:47PM

Disney Princess 46 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Shiki_Otherside said…
smile
So ready!!
Shiki_Otherside commented…
Thanks for making the forum shanyu :) over a year ago
shanyuisboss commented…
Your welcome! over a year ago
big smile
Our leader should be someone as fierce as Mulan. I am not as fierce as Mulan xD so I'm fine with either of you leading us to victory
Our leader should be someone as fierce as Mulan. I am not as fierce as Mulan xD so I'm fine with eith
shanyuisboss commented…
I hope I am not making this sound selfish but I would gladly volunteer. Though I don't know, even though I would love to be leader, I am really busy with college and stuff. over a year ago
over a year ago fiina said…
smile
Hi my two teammates :)
I vote shanyuisboss for leader though I can understand if you're sometimes busy, I have to read for exams myself too. But for what it worth I think you'd be a great leader :D
Agreed! over a year ago
shanyuisboss commented…
Thank you! If you both want me, then I guess, okay. over a year ago
Were you guys in the last team games? What teams were you on?
shanyuisboss commented…
Yeah, I was on team Mulan. over a year ago
Awesome! I was on Rapunzel but I joined really late over a year ago
over a year ago shanyuisboss said…
EVERYONE: If you haven't changed your icon to Mulan, change it right now!

ALSO: Our deadline to make the icon is March 4th. I say all of us make an icon representing Mulan's personality or whatever, just something that really symbolizes her personality with the design. Post it here when you are done, and then we will decide on one
fiina commented…
Shall I change my icon even if it's already Mulan? Also, could that Mulan icon I did for former Team Games be fine, as it wasn't included then? over a year ago
shanyuisboss commented…
^Your fine with this icon, though I'm not sure about using your previous icons. Ask princecatcher. over a year ago
Sounds good!! over a year ago
fiina commented…
OK shanyuisboss, I'll ask her :) over a year ago
wink
Here's mine, it doesn't really look like she's holding the sword though haha
last edited over a year ago
Here's mine, it doesn't really look like she's holding the sword though haha
shanyuisboss commented…
Whoa! over a year ago
shanyuisboss commented…
Amazing! My icon doesn't stand a chance! over a year ago
fiina commented…
Wow it's amazing, I love that Mickey Mouse -shield :P over a year ago
By inevitably I meant its bound to be! Thanks Fiina, its from Kingdom Hearts
smile
I asked princecatcher about using old icon and she said it was fine.
Should I resize this?
The chinese characters in icon means "Mulan"
I asked princecatcher about using old icon and she said it was fine.
Should I resize this?
The chin
This is absolutely gorgeous <3 ! over a year ago
shanyuisboss commented…
Gorgeous! over a year ago
fiina commented…
Thank you both :) over a year ago
Two days til the icon's due. Once shanyu's done we can vote, then submit, and win the round! (:
Kay, I think my icon looks terrible and I wouldn't think either of you would vote for it anyway, can we just vote from now?
Np, I vote Fiina! over a year ago
fiina commented…
That's fine with me too. I'm not really sure which to chose but I think I'll vote Shiki_Otherside's icon as I don't want to vote my own and I think it probably represents better Mulan's character than my cliche matchmaker dress version. But I'm fine with either icon :) over a year ago
I vote shiki!

So, I guess that one wins then doesn't it?
kk and thank you so much for posting over a year ago
Hello? Anyone here?
fiina commented…
I'm here now. So Shiki_Otherside's icon won :) I guess we're ready for next challence. over a year ago
Yes we are! over a year ago
Alright, next challenge!

We have to make an article about why we love Mulan. It has to include our team icon, a banner, and team drawings. Alright, this is how it will go:

Everyone write a one paragraph description and make sure to include proper grammer and everything. Anyway, I will take all the paragraphs and compile everything together into an article.

Everyone has to pick a role. Whatever you guys decide is fine. If fiina for example is positive that she can make all three and we all agree to doing it, fine. I don't know if you guys want to make one of each and we will vote, what do you guys think?

Our deadline is March 20
fiina commented…
Grammar? O.O I.. I'll do my best. Do I simply just write why I personally love Mulan(the movie or character)? You said drawingS? Do you mean that we can use many drawings, like if everyone wants to draw them all would be included? I'm fine with doing paragraph and some fanart but I don't dare to say if I'll be able to make icon(I don't even know how to make banner), because in next few weeks I'll have really hard exams. over a year ago
shanyuisboss commented…
You don't have to make a banner. You can just make a paragraph or so about why you love mulan (the character) and as for the drawings, I don't know. Ask princecatcher, she would know. I'll see if I can do the icon, I couldn't last time but I can this time. We will have to see if shiki can make the banner. over a year ago
over a year ago Emmalou13 said…
big smile
HOw I join?
shanyuisboss commented…
Ask princecatcher93 over a year ago
Emmalou13 commented…
How do I find her? over a year ago
shanyuisboss commented…
Search her up over a year ago
Here:

link
meh
Okay, I post both the paragraph and one drawing now. I haven't yet asked princecatcher93 about using many drawings but I will :)

I love Mulan because at first I'm pretty much like her except being super smart and saving China -thing. I just can relate to her so much.
I love that even when she's amazingly selfless she still isn't perfection, she can be lazy and bitter at times. Same thing physically, she's not a superhero, she didn't match with men with force but she solve her problems using both her strengt and brains.
I think it's great that even as she's quite introvert and awkward she still managed to get good friends and respect in the end when she was being herself. Also I love she has her girly side, that she's not the greatest tomboy of the land. Overall she's great character which have taught me to dare to be myself and not to care the people who look down at me.

Sorry I know it's so bad :/ I hope the grammar is even somehow correct (-ish).
Okay, I post both the paragraph and one drawing now. I haven't yet asked princecatcher93 about using
shanyuisboss commented…
No, I love it! Both the description and the drawing, amazing! over a year ago
fiina commented…
Thank you over a year ago
Oh my God we have the drawing portion in the bag with your perfect drawings over a year ago
fiina commented…
:) over a year ago
Here's my explanation to why I love Mulan. I couldn't help but make it longer then I should have made it ;P

I am known on this spot for being one of the biggest Mulan fans (both the movie and character), and once again I will explain why. I love many things about Mulan, not just a few. Some people love her for how relatable she is with her insecurities, and others love her because of her bravery. I love her because of everything.

Everything, everything from her humor to the way she talks and her loyalty to her family. She is just such a wonderful character. We see her first to herself all confident and as soon as she hits the road she is such a clumsy girl who just seems to have to figure out what to do on her way.

It's clear that she is very independant and when she is to herself she comes up with the most plans. What makes me love her so much is how brilliant and clever she is but just absolutely crazy and insane at the same time. It's like, she's so wierd but so awesome! Her quick thinking abilities and her totally different way of going along is just so cool to me.

Yet she is so strong and loyal. Can you imagine how it feels to just have failed one of the most important tests you can ever take and disgrace yourself infront of everyone, right after she kind of recovers finds out that she might never see her father again, yet she marches up and into her house, takes her father's armor and leaves? Now that is just bravery and plain selflessness. That takes guts. Being able to remain stable after disgracing yourself alone is a lot!

Anyway, her awkward feelings for Shang, her humorous yet awkward and clumsy personality, her loyalty, her commitment, and so much more just makes me love her. Though as long as my description was, no words can describe how wonderful Mulan is. She just holds a special place in my heart, and their is and will never be a clear explanation why.
fiina commented…
Oh I so love this :D And I definitely agree with every single thing you said, you put it into words so much better than I ever could <3 I've never been good at expressing why I like something. I think our article is in good hands :) over a year ago
This is perfect ! over a year ago
So... Who's making the banner? I don't know how so who is doing it? If none of us know how, what do we do?
fiina commented…
Well, Shiki_Otherside hasn't said anything yet so maybe she knows it little better than we do. But if she doesn't there's little information linkand what I understood it's just picture which is 800x100 sized. If I understood everything right I think we'll be able to do something banner -like thing. But I'll hold my thumbs up that we have someone who actually knows this stuff. over a year ago
big smile
Okay, we can use up to ten pieces of fan art :) Who else wants to draw?
Okay, we can use up to ten pieces of fan art :) Who else wants to draw?
You made this??? You are truly phenomenal! I can try like 2 drawings but they are going to look nothing like this, and I can only draw in a "sketch" type of way. This is so good! over a year ago
fiina commented…
Thanks, I'm glad you like it :) That's great that you'll draw too :D Personally I love sketch drawings so go ahead. I might yet draw one sketchy fan art if I have time. over a year ago
Okay I got inspiration to try make banner. I know it's not really special but at least I hope it somehow sample of banner. And yeah there's still some empty spaces. Suggestions to improve this?
Okay I got inspiration to try make banner. I know it's not really special but at least I hope it some
Fiina this is beautiful! I personally don't think it need improvements it looks amazing! I over a year ago
shanyuisboss commented…
Whoa, this is absolutely spectacular! over a year ago
fiina commented…
Oh, well, thank you both :) I thought maybe that "Mulan" calligraphy character in middle looks little clumsy. Also if either of you knows some way to edit or add effects to this feel free to do it. over a year ago
For the article:
I love Mulan because she defies the stereotypes of a typical heroine.

She's the girl, not a man, who saves the day.:
In most narratives and stories the person who saves the day is a guy. It's not a secret that main stream films and novels focus on a male who exhibits character growth and displays actions that make that man a hero. However, there are few movies and tales that focus on a girl who redeems whatever world her story takes place in. And many of those heroines are depicted as being flawless. They are beautiful and are able to do many things with ease. In general have a bunch of devoted men trying to woo her, usually resulting in a famous love triangle. Unlike Mulan, those characters don't come off as real people.

Her own empowerment comes before wanting a man:
Don't get me wrong, I think love and relationships are wonderful things that shouldn't be looked down upon, but Mulan was the first Disney Princess who balanced the her own goals, her family, and a love interest. She disguises herself as a man not only to save her father, but to develop a persona so that she can become a person who she can be proud of. Along the way she finds love in the character of Shang, but that love plot does not over powers Mulan's personal growth, despite it having a fair and realistic amount of time to blossom. And even at the end of the movie, he doesn't find her and claim he's her true love, they have a dinner together that shows that they are still allowing time for their relationship to get even stronger, which I think is what love is really about.

She is a well rounded and perfectly balanced character :)

shanyuisboss commented…
Perfectly said! over a year ago
fiina commented…
I agree (wasn't that a surprise :P). Well done :) over a year ago
Hmm, what do you guys think of this idea. Do you all want to change our icon to the team icon that shiki made? Would that be too confusing?
fiina commented…
Like change it to our icon? In a way that's good idea but I know many recognize users from their icon so it would be confusing if many users have same icon. Maybe if we had different color versions of same icon? over a year ago
That would be cool! But I understand what Fiina's saying. Sorry I've been awol this week! I'm stuck between a lot of classes and clubs and if I've been on it hasn't been on a long time, if you guys choose to go with that idea I made a couple of variations that I'll post, but feel free to edit it anyway you want if we use them! I'll try to be on more! over a year ago
this one
this one
This one
This one
this one
this one
and this one
and this one
smile
And here the last one of my drawings.
Thank you to Shiki_Otherside for editing few icons :)
And here the last one of my drawings.
Thank you to Shiki_Otherside for editing few icons :)
Alright, here is the article. Can someone take my text and perhaps edit it andthen format it with all the pictures? Don't submit it yet! View the preview of the article and screenshot it, then post the pictures here so we can see if we like it. Feel free to add humor or change it up if you think it needs improvement.

shanyuisboss here, along side with my two other wonderful Mulan fans here on team Mulan, fiina and Shiki_Otherside. You can find us by looking for users with versions of the icon to the left. Anyway, I'm here to speak about why team Mulan loves Mulan so much.

Mulan is a common favorite DP for many people. Her clumsy, quick thinking, loyal personality get's many. But Mulan is seen differently through the different eyes of my team, team Mulan. Let's hear what we all have to say.

"I am known on this spot for being one of the biggest Mulan fans (both the movie and character), and once again I will explain why. I love many things about Mulan, not just a few. Some people love her for how relatable she is with her insecurities, and others love her because of her bravery. I love her because of everything.

Everything, everything from her humor to the way she talks and her loyalty to her family. She is just such a wonderful character. We see her first to herself all confident and as soon as she hits the road she is such a clumsy girl who just seems to have to figure out what to do on her way.

It's clear that she is very independant and when she is to herself she comes up with the most plans. What makes me love her so much is how brilliant and clever she is but just absolutely crazy and insane at the same time. It's like, she's so wierd but so awesome! Her quick thinking abilities and her totally different way of going along is just so cool to me.

Yet she is so strong and loyal. Can you imagine how it feels to just have failed one of the most important tests you can ever take and disgrace yourself infront of everyone, right after she kind of recovers finds out that she might never see her father again, yet she marches up and into her house, takes her father's armor and leaves? Now that is just bravery and plain selflessness. That takes guts. Being able to remain stable after disgracing yourself alone is a lot!

Anyway, her awkward feelings for Shang, her humorous yet awkward and clumsy personality, her loyalty, her commitment, and so much more just makes me love her. Though as long as my description was, no words can describe how wonderful Mulan is. She just holds a special place in my heart, and their is and will never be a clear explanation why." shanyuisboss

"I love Mulan because she defies the stereotypes of a typical heroine.

She's the girl, not a man, who saves the day.:
In most narratives and stories the person who saves the day is a guy. It's not a secret that main stream films and novels focus on a male who exhibits character growth and displays actions that make that man a hero. However, there are few movies and tales that focus on a girl who redeems whatever world her story takes place in. And many of those heroines are depicted as being flawless. They are beautiful and are able to do many things with ease. In general have a bunch of devoted men trying to woo her, usually resulting in a famous love triangle. Unlike Mulan, those characters don't come off as real people.

Her own empowerment comes before wanting a man:
Don't get me wrong, I think love and relationships are wonderful things that shouldn't be looked down upon, but Mulan was the first Disney Princess who balanced the her own goals, her family, and a love interest. She disguises herself as a man not only to save her father, but to develop a persona so that she can become a person who she can be proud of. Along the way she finds love in the character of Shang, but that love plot does not over powers Mulan's personal growth, despite it having a fair and realistic amount of time to blossom. And even at the end of the movie, he doesn't find her and claim he's her true love, they have a dinner together that shows that they are still allowing time for their relationship to get even stronger, which I think is what love is really about.

She is a well rounded and perfectly balanced character :)" Shiki_otherside

"I love Mulan because at first I'm pretty much like her except being super smart and saving China -thing. I just can relate to her so much.
I love that even when she's amazingly selfless she still isn't perfection, she can be lazy and bitter at times. Same thing physically, she's not a superhero, she didn't match with men with force but she solve her problems using both her strength and brains.
I think it's great that even as she's quite introvert and awkward she still managed to get good friends and respect in the end when she was being herself. Also I love she has her girly side, that she's not the greatest tomboy of the land. Overall she's great character which have taught me to dare to be myself and not to care the people who look down at me." fiina

Sometimes the description to something may not be what words can describe. We have stated our reasonings but their is just something great about Mulan that says something deeply to all of us, maybe it's not just about traits.

And that is why, we as team Mulan love her so much! Thanks for reading
fiina commented…
Shiki_Otherside said she was going to do two fan art so maybe we should little wait that she can post them. I personally love this article text. But like would we include shiki's original icon as top image and the banner doesn't include in article right? And other pictures would be the fan arts? over a year ago
shanyuisboss commented…
Shiki's original icon would be the top image and I think we should have the banner in the article as the last image after all the text. We should wait a bit more for shiki's fan art, the other pics will be fan arts. over a year ago
Just getting you guys to look at this forum
Trying to get shiki to look at the forum
Trying to get shiki to look at the forum
smile
Hi, as the time just goes on I decided to do rough version of article. There's still space for pictures and the text is same as shanyuisboss posted here. So what do you think of the draft?
Hi, as the time just goes on I decided to do rough version of article. There's still space for pictur
shanyuisboss commented…
Looks great! Thanks fiina! over a year ago
fiina commented…
You're welcome, I'm glad you like it :) over a year ago
This looks phenomenal Fiina, and is so well written shanyu! I haven't had any time for doing fan art but it's just as well bc they would have dragged down the perfection which is fiina's artwork <3 . I've been a really bad team member and I will be on a lot more now. My aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer last week and she just had surgery a couple of days ago. There's no need to worry because it was an extremely small lump, and my family's been spending a lot of time with her the passed couple of days. She's doing fine and everything's going well so I will definitely be on more now. You guys are seriously the best team members ever, I would not want to be on any other team. Thank you guys for putting so much hardwork into Team Mulan ! <3 over a year ago
In reply to shiki, thanks so much. And yeah, that's perfectly fine. You did exactly what Mulan would do, devoting your time for the people you love and that is just what I love about Mulan. Anyway, thanks again everyone for spending so much time doing this. Thank you shiki for the icons, fiina for the banner and fan arts, they are all truly amazing.

So Fiina, can you submit the article? I don't know how to format the pictures the way you did.
That's so sweet Shanyu, thank you so much :) over a year ago
shanyuisboss commented…
Your welcome :) over a year ago
fiina commented…
Yeah, sorry I posted article now(I was sleeping) and to Shiki_Otherside, I agree with shanyuisboss :) here's article link over a year ago
I love the matching icons!

Tell me when you think we should change it. I honestly don't mind when.
fiina commented…
I love them too. I think we could keep them for awhile now as we pointed it out in our article and all. Maybe then when articles ect are judged? :) over a year ago
I'm fine changing them whenever too! over a year ago
Alright, now we all have to vote if we want to include Anna and Elsa for the next challenge! I vote that we do, what do you guys think?
I vote yes! over a year ago
fiina commented…
I don't mind either way, but let's say yes :) over a year ago
Let's get moving everyone, post your favorite DP list! Here's mine!:

1. Mulan
2. Elsa
3. Poca
4. Belle
5. Cindy
6. Jasmine
7. Anna
8. Ariel
9. Tiana
10. Rapunzel
11. Snow white
12. Aurora
13. Merida
Quick, we need the lists for the next challenge!
smile
Here

1. Mulan
2. Belle
3. Jasmine
4. Elsa
5. Ariel
6. Tiana
7. Pocahontas
8. Rapunzel
9. Anna
10. Cinderella
11. Snow White
12. Aurora
13. Merida
1. Mulan
2. Rapunzel
3. Anna
4. Belle
5. Jasmine
6. Cinderella
7. Ariel
8. Tiana
9. Elsa
10. Pocahontas
11. Aurora
12. Snow White
13. Merida
We all have the same classical princess highest (Cinderella), the same renaissance princess highest (Belle), the same late renaissance princess highest (Mulan), the same princess first (Mulan) and the same princess last <3
OMG we are so behind someone average up the scores and everyone has to make comments about all the DPs for the article!
smile
Right, here's mine short comments for the article:

Merida - Lately I have grown to like her more, how she learned her lesson in the end. Her free spirit is my favorite trait about her.

Aurora - She glamorous and nice dreamy girl. I love her screentime and how elegantly she moves.

Snow White - She's just so sweet, endearing and positive princess. I love how she's little bossy.

Cinderella - I love her warm and selfless character and how she tries to see good in everyone.

Anna - I love how she's little clumsy and awkward, and it's great how confident she still can be.

Rapunzel - It's cute how shy and scared she is at first and admirable how well she then came along with different people.

Pocahontas - In my opinion she has amazing strong spirit and I think it's important how in the end she chose what would be the best for her people.

Tiana - She's amazing hardworking young woman who's definitely good role model. I love how she teaches that sometimes you have to work to get your dream.

Ariel - I love how curious and adventurous she is. Even if she's little selfish she's still very likeable.

Elsa - She's not so energic and wild as her sister but I like her because of that. She's amazing queen, cares her sister and has good sense in common things.

Jasmine - I love her character and how independ she is. I think it's great how she stands up for herself.

Belle - Her love for books is great and she's really selfless. It's also great how she judges people by their character, not by their looks.

Mulan - She is and will always be my favorite. I love how she's clumsy, smart, brave and sometimes lazy but best part is how she's ready to do anything for her family. It's also amazing how even if she's outcast and other soldiers bully her she never tried to revenge.

And I took liberty to count our lists average results. I hope these are correct.

1. Mulan (1+1+1)/3= 1
2. Belle (4+2+4)/3= 3,333333333
3. Jasmine (5+3+6)/3= 4,6666666667
4. Elsa (9+4+2)/3= 5
5. Anna (7+9+3)/3= 6,3333333333333
6-8. Ariel/Pocahontas/Rapunzel 20/3= 6,66666666667
9. Tiana (8+6+9)/3= 7,666666666667
10. Cinderella (6+10+11)/3= 9
11. Snow White (11+11+12)/3= 11,33333333
12. Aurora (12+12+11)/3= 11,666666666667
13. Merida (13+13+13)/3= 13
shanyuisboss commented…
Thanks fiina! over a year ago
Can everyone give opinions on each era?

I'll start-
classics: While I think two of them are great characters, I feel that they are just not my cup of tea, with the exception of Cinderella whom I love. Though I do think the classics have some of the strongest who were able to live through unordinary lives but could still sing happy melodies.

Renassiance: My favorite era for sure, I feel so connected to these lovely girls, they are all so relatable. My favorite being Mulan of coarse, she is just so wonderful. Smart, funny, clever as they all are. Their personalities just pop and I can't help but love them all.

Modern: Sadly, I haven't watched three of their movies all the way through, I managed to make it halfway through Tangled though and see one fourth of Princess and the frog, I haven't seen Brave though. From what I know of them, I really love Tiana's sassy and hardworking personality, as well as Rapunzel's quirky character. And of course, I love Anna and Elsa. Especially Elsa for her uniqueness though.

We will not include all of what I said in the article, I will just hear what we all have to say and compile everything together into a short description for each era.

Alright, here is the body of the article, I will fill in descriptions and add comments once shiki has submitted hers. This is the overall outline though. You guys can make any edits you want, I don't want to take too much control. I'm sorry if I am, if you guys feel like I am just tell me. What do you all think of this? How should I change it?

Shanyuisboss back again with team Mulan for our colab article of our DP lists! It was so much fun working with my other fantastic, hardworking fellow Mulan fans, Shiki_Otherside and fiina. Just giving a special thanks to them for making this happen. You can find them by seeing users with icons that are different versions of the one to the right. Yeah, this sounds so much like a speech but hopefully you can ignore that and enjoy our article!

Team members:
Shanyuisboss
fiina
Shiki_Otherside

We all had pretty similar opinions for the most part, their were differences in our lists, but it was easy to compile things together.

We thought we might want to give our opinions on the DP eras.

Classics:

Renassiance:

Modern:

And now, to the list:

13. Merida

(Description).
(Comment)

12. Aurora

(Description).
(Comment)

11. Snow white

(Description).
(Comment)

10. Cinderella

(Description).
(Comment)

9. Tiana

(Description)
(Comment)

6-8. Ariel (tie)

(Description)
(Comment)

6-8. Pocahontas (tie)

(Description)
(Comment)

6-8. Rapunzel (tie)

(Description)
(Comment)

5. Anna

(Description)
(Comment)

4. Elsa

(Description)
(Comment)

3. Jasmine

(Description)
(comment)

2. Belle

(Description)
(Comment)

1. Mulan

(Description)
(Comment)

Here are all of our indivisual lists:

Shanyuisboss:
1. Mulan
2. Elsa
3. Poca
4. Belle
5. Cindy
6. Jasmine
7. Anna
8. Ariel
9. Tiana
10. Rapunzel
11. Snow white
12. Aurora
13. Merida

Fiina:

1. Mulan
2. Belle
3. Jasmine
4. Elsa
5. Ariel
6. Tiana
7. Pocahontas
8. Rapunzel
9. Anna
10. Cinderella
11. Snow White
12. Aurora
13. Merida

Shiki_Otherside:

1. Mulan
2. Rapunzel
3. Anna
4. Belle
5. Jasmine
6. Cinderella
7. Ariel
8. Tiana
9. Elsa
10. Pocahontas
11. Aurora
12. Snow White
13. Merida

Acknowledgements:
Shiki_Otherside
Fiina
Fellow users for reading :)

Thanks for reading everyone! I hope you enjoyed it!
(Insert team banner here)

fiina commented…
Thank you for making article's body(again). I hope you don't feel like you do all the work. Random question, what we'll use as article's pictures? Like just screencaps of each princesses, I think it would be nice if them would be somehow same set or something? over a year ago
Please shiki!
Classics: They are the most iconic of Disney Princess in my opinion, while they are less realistic and lack flaws, I appreciate them as role models who express ideals of people who are patient, kind, caring, and loving.

Renaissance: This group of princesses is the most varied, and I appreciated how they are a range of ethnicities and have strong willed personalities. They're tales aren't only timeless but the morals they share are too.

Modern: This era I appreciate the update in animation, and how these princesses seem to mix the Classic and Renaissance era. They have timeless tales and are role models while maintaining flaws.

Merida: I appreciate what they were trying to do with making her the anti-disney princess. But her care-free attitude and her reckless attitude to put herself before others, is something I can't find myself able to love about her.

Aurora: Although beautiful, dreamy, and imaginative, her lack of screen time makes me unable to form a strong bond with her like I do with the other princesses.

Snow White: While a wonderful person, I don't relate to her caring and motherly attributes, so I don't have that great of a connection with her.

Cinderella: My favorite of the Classics, put in an undesirable situation, she makes the best of her life and maintains the ability to dream. She's the first Disney Princess to inspire me that dreams come true, and believing in them is the first step.

Tiana: While hardworking and independent, the main gripe I have with her is that her movie develops her a bit strangely in my opinion. I love her though <3

Ariel: I love that she is a mermaid, and that she would do anything for love, but I don't think she's that great of a role model.

Pocahontas: She is an amazing person! I love how she's involved with animals and nature. Her personality just doesn't stand out to me as much as the other princesses that are higher up.

Rapunzel: Fun, adventurous and innocent, she has a simple goal which is a metaphor for discovering who she really is. She's the first Princess who's whole journey was about finding herself.

Anna: I love Anna she's a symbol of optimism and will do anything to save the people she loves, even if they shut her out or turn away from her.

Elsa: Elsa is cool (no pun intended). However when I watch Frozen I don't learn that much about her and she feels more like a plot device for Anna to learn about love. I can definitely see why everyone loves her though :)

Jasmine: While naive, I love how sassy she is and how she was willing to give up her life in the Palace to be free.

Belle: She's intelligent, smart, different, she's one of the princesses I relate to the most :).

Mulan: She is the princess I most inspire to be like. She is selfless, brave, and doesn't let society define what she can do.

I HOPE I'M NOT TOO LATE I'M SORRY

fiina commented…
I don't think you're late, don't worry :) I'm little surprised how we got nearly all article material ready under a day, good work us! :D over a year ago
smile
My opinions on each area

Classics: Even though they are pretty low in my list I love them. They are iconic, elegant, kind and every bit of a princess. They're maybe not so developed as newer DPs but I really enjoy their classics stories.

Renaissance: I love all renassiance princess, I love the big variety of their personalities and ofcourse their amazing movies. Them characters are well developed and yet their stories still have the same magical feeling as classics.

Modern: Now we get to the fun quirky energic area. These princesses have good variation of different characters too but sometimes I feel like they're repeating themselves. I think they all teach important lesson.