Disney Princess Where are they from?

Jillywinkles posted on Jun 12, 2008 at 12:20AM
Just a little idea I was playing with...if you had to assign one land for each princess, where would each be from?

Here's how I would put them:
Snow White: Italy (somehow it just seems Italian to me. Also, Neve Bianca is much prettier than Schneeweiß, lol.)
Cinderella: England
Sleeping Beauty: Germany
Belle: France
Pocahontas: America
Jasmine: Arabia
Mulan: China
Ariel: Denmark

Historically-wise, Snow White is from the Brother's Grimm which means Germany. Cinderella was arguably Italian, French, or German originally. Sleeping Beauty is Italian or French, again depending on how far back you go. The Little Mermaid is by Hans Christian Anderson, which means Danish.

But I'm just going on the feeling I get from the movie, not actual facts, lol.

Disney Princess 37 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago kateliness2 said…
Okay, if we go by feeling, mine are almost the exact same.

Snow White: Norway (Seems more northern to me than Italy, lol)

Aurora: Germany

over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
Snow White: Germany
Jasmine: India

LOL! O_O<3!!!
over a year ago DreamyGal said…
heart
Snow White- Germany
Cinderella- France
Aurora- England
Ariel- Denmark
Belle- France
Jasmine- Morocco
Pocahontas- USA
Mulan- China
Tiana- USA
over a year ago queenbee13 said…
smile
Snow White-Germany
Cinderella-Italy (Don't Ask, it's just my viewpoint)
Aurora-England
Ariel-Denmark(couldn't think of anything else)
Belle-France
Jasmine-Arabia
Pocahontas New World(I refuse to call it America)
Mulan-China
Tiana-USA
over a year ago aiemerrysirius said…
I would totally have put Ariel in Greece. I was just thinking about this the other day and when they go into town and dance right off the water and stuff, it reminded me of Greece.

And Aurora either France or Holland, probably. The rest I think I agree on. :)
AudreyFreak commented…
I always thought that as well. Eric looks sort of Greek to me, and the mythology aspect would make perfect sense. over a year ago
over a year ago heartsheal4 said…
SNOW WHITE: Netherlands

CINDERELLA: England (couldn't find any other place she might be from)

AURORA: Germany

ARIEL: Denmark (Hans Christian Anderson was from Denmark so i just assumed she would be from there too)

BELLE: France,duh

JASMINE: Iraq or Iran

POCAHONTAS: Virgina, United States of America

MULAN: China

TIANA: United States
over a year ago AllegroGiocoso said…
Snow White- Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden, or Finland)
Cinderella- France
Aurora- Germany
Ariel- Under the Sea, of course! But in Denmark
Belle- France
Jasmine- Saudi Arabia
Pocahontas- United States
Mulan- China
Tiana- United States
over a year ago imawesome34 said…
Cinderella is from France because if you listen closely during the ball, you can hear names being called out like "Lady Dubois" which is a common french name. Also, "Tremaine" is french.
Historically, Snow White is german
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Hexate said…
I've always thought that Snow White was from Holland, because of the wooden shoes she wears in the beginning. For some reason, I've thought that Cinderella was from Luxembourg, because of the castle's architecture. And Aurora is definitely German, because of the double eagle draperies in King Stefan's (I know that's spelled wrong, it just seems right that way to me) throne room.
over a year ago TigerRanma said…
^ Yeah, you spelled King Stefan's name correctly. I think that Aurora is German and Philip is French because they play a French anthem when they walk down the stairs to the hall.
over a year ago Hexate said…
^I never noticed that. I thought the music in Sleeping Beauty was from the Tchaikovsky ballet. Also, I forgot to mention that Snow White might be from Italy. I read the book Mirror Mirror recently (by the author of Wicked), and it had that viewpoint.
^ It was from the Tchaikovsky ballet, yeah. I guess they just added the anthem in. *shrugs*
over a year ago andy10A said…
big smile
Snow white- Germany
Cinderella- England
Aurora- Germany
Ariel- Denmark
Belle- France
Jasmine- India
Pocahontas- USA
Mulan- China
Tiana- USA
Rapunzel-Germany

Obviously most of these are just fairytales so they all live in FAIRYTALE LAND!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
over a year ago pretty_angel92 said…
my options are the same as andy10A, but i think aurora is from england and cinderella is from france
over a year ago disneybeatles said…
smirk
snow white germany
cinderella france
aurora england
ariel florida
belle france
jasmine agraba
pocahontas virginia
mulan china
tiana new Orleans
repunsal new finnland

PS not a great speller
^ Ariel in Florida? XD I don't think so.
over a year ago Swanpride said…
Snow White Germany (not just because the orgin of the fairy tale, it really looks like south Germany).
Cindereally France
Aurora England (Would explain the german and the french elements in the movie, too)
Ariel Danemark, but just because it happens to be at the sea. It doesn't really look like a particular place.
Jasmine: Agrabah, inspired by Arabia
Pocahontas: Virginia (duh)
Mulan: China (duh)
Tiana: New Orleans (duh)
Rapunzel: No particualar country, I think this is supposed to be simply a fairy tale land.
over a year ago disneybeatles said…
mischievous
tigrarnma i think she is in florida because ariel lives under the sea of the disney cruise i have always thought that ever since the first time i saw the film witch was on the disney cruise

PS as a kid that film gave me nightmares because of ursula XD and the witch from snow white dosent freak me out XP
You went on the Disney Cruise, huh? Lucky. Well, it's a cute idea. It's just more likely that Eric's castle is in Europe and Ariel's kingdom is on that side of the Atlantic Ocean.
over a year ago Swanpride said…
Although there is one thing in snow white which looks very american: The wild life.
over a year ago Anaji said…
Aurora: England
Pocahontas: USA
over a year ago Pocahontas1Fan said…
Well I say obviously Snow White and Tangled is in Germany and Beauty and the Beast along with Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty France.Aladdin is obviously middle east so that be Araba and surrounding countries nearby.Pocahontas and Princess and the Frog is Unitred States.Mulan is China and The Little Mermaid I say maybe around the Casppion sea because it was mettioned in Poor Unfortante Souls. That's what I think of course. My reason for placing Sleeping Beauty and Cinderlla in France because partly because of the French reference and at Disney World at Epcot in France section was the only place you catch Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty at.They even have the Cinderella and Auroua dolls along with Belle in the shopping part in France only. And those sections was only place of greeting with them princesses you see them at other then the charcter dinng they had.
over a year ago LaSalvatore said…
Well, I´m new in fanpop, Hi everybody, i´m form Spain and a fan of Disney Princess, or couse.
I think that:
Snow-White: Europe, but no country in particular.
Cinderella: France or near to.
Aurora: Spain, I don´t think that name is used in another European country.
Belle: France.
Pocahontas: USA.
Jasmine: Arabia.
Mulan: China.
Ariel: Denmark.
over a year ago MagicPrincess said…
Snow White: Germany (Brothers Grimm)
Cinderella: France (Stepmother and sisters made cameo in HoND- which was set in France and at the ball, the man was reading the name of the maidens which all sounded french.
Aurora: England
Ariel: Atlantica- England
Jasmine: Agrabah (fictional place but set in an Arabian country hence Arabian Nights)
Pocahontas: Jamestown Virginia, America
Tiana: New Orleans, Louisiana, America
Rapunzel: Germany (Brothers Grimm)
over a year ago carrieicecream said…
Snow White: Poland
Cinderella: England or Wales
Aurora: Italy
Ariel: Denmark(I'm Dainish!):D
Belle: Small town in France
Jasmine: Saudi Arabia
Pocahontas: Virginia, USA
Tiana: New Orleans, LA, USA
Rapunzel: Spain
over a year ago blueyedcutie18 said…
Cinderella: Along the French and German border
Aurora: Italy
Jasmine: what is modern day Iran
Tiana: New Orleans, LA, USA
Rapunzel: Austria (while it was under the German rule)
over a year ago mhs1025 said…
Cinderella: France/Italy
Aurora: England (Though she doesn't have the accent.)
Ariel: Atlantica (She's Atlantean, right?)
Pocahontas: Native America
Tiana: New Orleans, LA
Rapunzel: Far Far Away (That's all I could think of...)
Merida: Scotland
over a year ago dee389 said…
Cinderella: France
Aurora: Either Luxembourg, Germany or England
Pocahontas: USA
Tiana: USA
Rapunzel: Germany
Merida: Scotland
over a year ago rigo1315 said…
smile
Here's where I would place them. Mexico is a fanfic character ignore (unless interested) And of course Merida since I haven't drawn her yet is Scotland.
Here's where I would place them. Mexico is a fanfic character ignore (unless interested) And of cours
over a year ago LibelluleBleu said…
Cinderella: France, her last name is DuBois, and in the film you can see the "fleur de Lys",symbol of the French monarchy
Aurora: I think she's German, But Philip is maybe french, in the Castle, there are French and German symbols,and the anthem of the French monarchy is played
Ariel: The Orginal Fairy tale take place in Danemark. But in my point of view the movie take place in Monaco!
Belle: France, obsioulvy
Jasmine: Agrabah
Mulan:China
Tiana: Louisiana,USA
Rapunzel: Maybe in Germany
over a year ago Sirea said…
Apart from the original, I think...

Snow White: Switzerland
Aurora: Germany
Pocahontas: Canada
Ariel: Atlantic
Tiana: USA
Rapunzel: Germany

over a year ago shanyuisboss said…
Snow White is German and the movie probably takes place there
Cinderella is either French or English and I think the movie takes place in one of the 2
Aurora is English and the movie takes place in England
belle is French and her movie takes place in France
Jasmine is Persian or Arabian and her movie takes place in aghrabah
Pocahontas is Native American and her movie takes place in Jamestown, Virginia
Mulan is obviously chinese and her movie takes place in china
tiana is African American and her movie takes place in New Orleans, Louisiana
Rapunzel is probably Irish from what I know
over a year ago Queenofpink said…
Snow White-Norway
Cinderella-England
Aurora-Germany
Ariel-Denmark
Belle-France
Jasmine- Saudi Arabia
Pocahontas-Virginia, United States
Mulan-China
Tiana- New Orleans, United States
Rapunzel-Sweden
Merida- Ireland

LibelluleBleu commented…
Ireland? Sweden? over a year ago
over a year ago scaleyprincess said…
Snow White: she is based on the heroine of the German fairy tale Snow White (1812) by the Brothers Grimm
I would think maybe Ireland because of the Pale Skin and Dark hair.
Cinderella: The title character is a young woman living in unfortunate circumstances that are suddenly changed to remarkable fortune. The oldest documented version comes from China, and the oldest European version from Italy. The most popular version was first published by Charles Perrault in Histoires ou contes du temps passé in 1697,[3] and later by the Brothers Grimm in their folk tale collection Grimms' Fairy Tales. I would Just stick with French...The whole movie is very French
Aurora:Sun, Moon, and Talia (Sole, Luna, e Talia) is an Italian literary fairy tale written by Giambattista Basile in his 1634 work, the Pentamerone. Charles Perrault retold this fairy tale in 1697 as The Sleeping Beauty. Also The Brother Grimm had Briar rose : I would say Denmark. Prince Pillip was designed with some Danish Duke in mind so Denmark would work lol/
Ariel: Based on the Danish fairy tale The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen, Italy or Greece, somewhere along those lines. I mean yea she is From the undersea kingdom Atlantica BUT Prince Eric has that look. It suits the place and the looks.
Belle: Based on the heroine of the French fairy tale by Jeanne-Marie Le Prince de Beaumont and the whole movie again, VERY French lol
Jasmine: Jasmine is based on Princess Badroulbadour from the One Thousand and One Nights tale of Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp, The Taj Mahal reminds me of her castler and is located in the city of Agra which is arguably the inspiration for the fictional city Agrabah. So India would be my answer.
Pocahontas: Virginia, USA lol
Mulan: The movie is adapted from the legend of Hua Mulan (386–534). She is the only member who is not actual royalty through birth or marriage so far, while the actual princesses in this story are Ting-Ting, Su and Mei. and Well China
Tiana: Her film is loosely based on the novel The Frog Princess by E. D. Baker, which is in turn based on the Brothers Grimm fairy tale The Frog Prince. All though originally German She is obviously from New Orleans, Louisiana.
Rapunzel:Rapunzel was based on the heroine of the German fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm, I would place her in Poland after the research I had done.
Merida: Scotland and as far as I know she is not based on any popular fairytales, poems or tall tales.
Anna and Elsa: Frozen is inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale The Snow Queen. I would set the in Norway or Sweden.
over a year ago scaleyprincess said…
Sorry, I go t carried away...
over a year ago JefefrsonFan99 said…
Snow White; Germany
Cinderella; France or Belgium, but I think it's set in the French-German border.
Aurora: A bit tricky; either France (Perrault), UK (live action), Germany (Brothers Grimm), or Russia (Tchiakovsky). Although the movie, Maleficent, was meant to be set in Medieval Scotland, it is believed that it takes place in Medieval France near German border during the Late 14th Century. One of the reasons why it is NOT set in England, as it was mistakenly believed, is because of Eyvind Earle created the art background as he was inspired from works of the French tapestries such as the 'Book of Hours' from Jean Duc DuBerry. More evidence to show that it is not only based on the French Fariy tale of the same name with some elements from the Brothers' Grimm, some of the architectures, banners, and landscape are 80% French, but also a bit German. If you listen carefully to the narrator in the beginning, he will say, "High or Low Estate" which was common in France. Stefan's castle was not only based of of the castle in Bavaria, Germany, but also the Chateau D' Usse, Chateau D' Saumur, and other French castles. In the end, when Phillip and Aurora meets their parents, Tchiakovsky's version of the French Royal Anthem, adapted by George Bruns, is played.
Ariel: Denmark or Spain
Belle: 18th Century France
Tiana: Louisiana, USA
Rapunzel: Germany or Italy
Merida: Medieval Scotland
over a year ago PrincessAyeka12 said…
Snow White - Medieval Germany
Cinderella - France
Aurora - Medieval England
Ariel - Greece
Belle - France, several miles outside Paris.
Jasmine - Agrabah
Pocahontas - Virginia, USA
Mulan - China
Tiana - New Orleans, USA
Rapunzel - Medieval Germany
Merida - Medieval Scotland
Moana - on a tropical island somewhere