Buffy the Vampire Slayer If Angel why not Dawn

tina_1989 posted on Feb 13, 2008 at 12:33PM
i have a question for you.
If Buffy could kill Angel for the good of mankind, without a second thought. why couldn't she do the same with Dawn?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago nosemuffin said…
Ya, that irritated me. The way she spoke to Giles, it really didn't add to my liking of her, or of Dawn, who I thought was obnoxious.

I think it was partly just for writing for the purposes of drama, and it was partly because she was freaked out when she realized that Dawn was literally made out of her. Kind of like clone, but not.
over a year ago NikaDawson said…
Because she loved Dawn more. Dawn is the person that Buffy loves most in the world, she would never accepted her dying.

She killed Angel because she had to, and she accepted that. She procrastinated for a while on killing Angel. But she would never have been able to kill Dawn in season five, she would not accept loosing her.

Buffy tries to quit after she kills Angel but she realizes that she can't and that she's the slayer and always will be. But with Dawn she would have quit and not looked back if Dawn had died.
over a year ago amazondebs said…
family and a young girl is completely different

to a very old vampire

also she has lost everything else, angel, riley, her mom!
how ever i think if it came down to it and it was the entire world vs dawn and Buffy has figured out the "death is my gift" thing

good question though
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago buffyfan said…
In season 7 she told Giles that she would now kill Dawn to save thew world. If I had to pick to kill one of them, I would pick Dawn. She's so moany!
over a year ago amazondebs said…
yes but buffyfan if you had to pick between your sister or your 200 year old boyfriend who would you pick?
over a year ago NikaDawson said…
I would never pick my relationship over my brother, and I have a nonexsistant relationship with my brother.

Family will be there for you long after your relationship is over.

And as for Dawn being moany, so was Buffy the first few seasons! That's part of being a teenage girl. And I think that Dawn was entitled to a little moaning, on top of her mother and sister dying, she also had to find out she wasn't real and was actually some glowing mystical key that could potentionally destroy the world.
last edited over a year ago